Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Keeper"Baby

http://i57.tinypic.com/izytsm.jpg">

DNA

http://i59.tinypic.com/21b5avq.jpg">
 Keeper, abortions can't even be done until 7 gestational weeks. Shall we review fetal developement?

To me its DNA-

DNA comes from both a mother and father.

A baby is growing.

RW

Quote from: "RW"A missed period is like 3 to 4 weeks.  WTF are you talking about not knowing before 7 weeks?

Abortion clinics report their stats.

G O O G L E   it
 Yeah, Google the stats.  See how many are done at 12 weeks.  Seriously?  You think most women actually think about their missed period?  Stress can cause a missed period. Most will be like "yeah, my periods late. I'll wait a week or so and take a test".  Then it's "oh no, I'm pregnant, I don't know what to do!" And them it's another week of choice making. Then if you are in very small percent who find out the next week after the missed period, you probably won't even get seen for another week, then after your assesment your procedure gets scheduled in another week or two. and they'll want you to wait until week 7.  I get what Google says. I'm telling you what reality is.

I'm sorry Dove but you haven't been accurate on much of anything when it comes to "reality".  You think your experience is the be all end all and I'm sorry but it's not.  It's to the point where you contradict yourself within a few posts.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"A missed period is like 3 to 4 weeks.  WTF are you talking about not knowing before 7 weeks?

Abortion clinics report their stats.

G O O G L E   it
 Yeah, Google the stats.  See how many are done at 12 weeks.  Seriously?  You think most women actually think about their missed period?  Stress can cause a missed period. Most will be like "yeah, my periods late. I'll wait a week or so and take a test".  Then it's "oh no, I'm pregnant, I don't know what to do!" And them it's another week of choice making. Then if you are in very small percent who find out the next week after the missed period, you probably won't even get seen for another week, then after your assesment your procedure gets scheduled in another week or two. and they'll want you to wait until week 7.  I get what Google says. I'm telling you what reality is.

How little you think of your fellow women!

I've always known women to care soon enough. It is kind of important. Personally, I can recall three instances when girlfriends told me and took a pregnancy test after being about a couple of weeks late. One of those got tested by a doctor at two and a half weeks. They eventually had their periods anyway.

Other women I've talked to seemed to feel that knowing if they were pregnant or not was kind of important. Go figure.

It's silly for you to presume most women are all "meh" when it comes to being late. Are you? I doubt any woman here is.

RW

Most women I know aren't "meh" about a missed period.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I wanted to stay out this topic. I don't think the opinions of a man should carry much weight unless we suddenly are able to get knocked. But, reading the dishonesty from Fashionista, Dove, Romero and Keeper was enough. Forgive me ladies and I mean the intelligent ones, RW, cc la femme, shen li and Dinky Diana, but I have to speak my mind.

Fashionista: you deserve a Juno award for the performance you've given. An abortion is not je jure or de facto premeditated murder. You seemed like a nice girl until I read this thread.

Dove: are you sure you are a woman? Did you skip the health portion of your physical education class? You seem like a nice girl too, but this subject brings out the stupid in you.

Romero: if fashionista wins the award, you will be a close runner up. I don't think you know much about women who get abortions. I had an ex wife end her pregnancy after she got knocked up by her her lover when she was married to me. My son's girlfriend got an abortion because he was in no position to support a kid at the time and she didn't want the responsibility of raising one. An ex friend with benefits of mine got an abortion because neither of us wanted a kid and she didn't want to quit drinking and smoking for nine months. My neice got an abortion in April because it interfered with her university studies.

My whole point is that abortion is usually not about women's health. It's about selfish people that don't want or can't handle nine months or eighteen years of responsibility.

Keeper: you must have skipped biology class. DNA is in a fetus, it's not a fetus.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/an-unborn-baby-gets-its-dna-sequenced-is-it-cause-for-celebration-or-alarm/">http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/a ... -or-alarm/">http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/an-unborn-baby-gets-its-dna-sequenced-is-it-cause-for-celebration-or-alarm/

Now that I have waded into this subject into this topic, I should give my opinions. I am not opposed to abortion. It's an elective procedure, but if women can get fake boob and butt implants why not abortion? If men can get penile implants, then why not abortion? All can be for cosmetic or vanity reasons. I can't stand the dishonesty and stupidity that this subject brings out in people.

Romero

I wasn't arguing that women never get abortions for reasons that may be considered foolish or selfish, though I believe it happens less often than many people think.

My main point was that we couldn't possibly know if any average woman getting an abortion might be doing it for health reasons. We shouldn't assume that every woman does it because they're selfish.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"I wanted to stay out this topic. I don't think the opinions of a man should carry much weight unless we suddenly are able to get knocked. But, reading the dishonesty from Fashionista, Dove, Romero and Keeper was enough. Forgive me ladies and I mean the intelligent ones, RW, cc la femme, shen li and Dinky Diana, but I have to speak my mind.

Fashionista: you deserve a Juno award for the performance you've given. An abortion is not je jure or de facto premeditated murder. You seemed like a nice girl until I read this thread.

Dove: are you sure you are a woman? Did you skip the health portion of your physical education class? You seem like a nice girl too, but this subject brings out the stupid in you.

Romero: if fashionista wins the award, you will be a close runner up. I don't think you know much about women who get abortions. I had an ex wife end her pregnancy after she got knocked up by her her lover when she was married to me. My son's girlfriend got an abortion because he was in no position to support a kid at the time and she didn't want the responsibility of raising one. An ex friend with benefits of mine got an abortion because neither of us wanted a kid and she didn't want to quit drinking and smoking for nine months. My neice got an abortion in April because it interfered with her university studies.

My whole point is that abortion is usually not about women's health. It's about selfish people that don't want or can't handle nine months or eighteen years of responsibility.

Keeper: you must have skipped biology class. DNA is in a fetus, it's not a fetus.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/an-unborn-baby-gets-its-dna-sequenced-is-it-cause-for-celebration-or-alarm/">http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/a ... -or-alarm/">http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/an-unborn-baby-gets-its-dna-sequenced-is-it-cause-for-celebration-or-alarm/

Now that I have waded into this subject into this topic, I should give my opinions. I am not opposed to abortion. It's an elective procedure, but if women can get fake boob and butt implants why not abortion? If men can get penile implants, then why not abortion? All can be for cosmetic or vanity reasons. I can't stand the dishonesty and stupidity that this subject brings out in people.

Well said Herman.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"
Well said Herman.

That's debatable as he left out a couple of intelligent women. :oeudC:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Well said Herman.

No man is perfect ;)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I wasn't arguing that women never get abortions for reasons that may be considered foolish or selfish, though I believe it happens less often than many people think.

My main point was that we couldn't possibly know if any average woman getting an abortion might be doing it for health reasons. We shouldn't assume that every woman does it because they're selfish.

Your main point shows that you don't want to know the truth of why women get abortions. Perhaps you don't want to know. Most probable, is that you are full of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Well said Herman.

My bad Azyha. You are a given. acc_hugz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I wanted to stay out this topic. I don't think the opinions of a man should carry much weight unless we suddenly are able to get knocked. But, reading the dishonesty from Fashionista, Dove, Romero and Keeper was enough. Forgive me ladies and I mean the intelligent ones, RW, cc la femme, shen li and Dinky Diana, but I have to speak my mind.

I was not performing Herman..

But, even if you disagree with me about when life begins, I do not wish to legislate it..

I believe Dove shares this me, but I am not sure.

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, I have a problem envisioning you keeping a pregnancy if you were raped and it was the cause of it. I don't think your husband is going to want you to keep it for nine months. It's easy to say all these things but if you were faced with the issue, you may very well give it another thought.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Fash, I have a problem envisioning you keeping a pregnancy if you were raped and it was the cause of it. I don't think your husband is going to want you to keep it for nine months. It's easy to say all these things but if you were faced with the issue, you may very well give it another thought.

I would place the baby up for adoption..

My husband and I would not punish the child for the crimes of the rapist..

My husband may want to "abort" the rapist though in the heat of his anger.

RW

So you'd give up a baby that had half of you in it?
Beware of Gaslighters!