Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"But he replied to Fash with that.

What's up Twenty Bucks?  What's got your knickers in a knot?

How did I get dragged into this stupid shit? I could NEVER abort a healthy fetus. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.  :mad:

What is up that fuckers ass?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I've not read all 22 pages to this thread. Are there folks against abortion here? Planned Parenthood and abortion are 2 great things to occur in Merica. The whole issue of selling infant parts and organs turned out to be total bullshit. That photg who made this claim with phony photos should be put in jail.

I am pro life as is Dove..

But, even pro choice posters like Shen Li and Renee are critical of PP..

And they have accepted compensation for fetal tissue..

They stopped it for a while, but I would assume they will  start again.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-par ... 1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800]Planned Parenthood Federation of America said it will immediately stop accepting reimbursements for supplying fetal tissue for medical research, an attempt to tamp down a controversy that has led to Republican investigations in Congress and an effort to end federal funding.

Maybe I was confused by this post. "And they have accepted compensation for fetal tissue". Looks like she was speaking of you and Rene.

Read what I wrote. AND THEY ACCEPTED COMPENSATION FOR FETAL TISSUE. To me it reads Shen and Renee had abortions and accepted compensation for the fetal tissue. Read it.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"

How did I get dragged into this stupid shit? I could NEVER abort a healthy fetus. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.  :mad:

Read it again Sweety.

I do support Planned Parenthood, and abortion.

Anonymous

Read what I wrote. AND THEY ACCEPTED COMPENSATION FOR FETAL TISSUE. To me it reads Shen and Renee had abortions and accepted compensation for the fetal tissue. Read it.

What a fucking illiterate.  Here you have it folks, the typical Colonel Sanders braindead white lefty supporter. ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"

Read it again Sweety.

I do support Planned Parenthood, and abortion.

Yeah so.....

WTF gives you the idea that I or Shen had an abortion let alone acceptable compensation for one? What gives you the right to make that kind of half assed assumption?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Twenty Dollars

Either you are being difficult or you're brain dead. Go back and read Fashs original post.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Either you are being difficult or you're brain dead. Go back and read Fashs original post.

Fash is not the type to reveal extremely personal information about any poster.

Anonymous

I see the confusion now.

I am pro life as is Dove..

But, even pro choice posters like Shen Li and Renee are critical of PP..

And they have accepted compensation for fetal tissue..

They stopped it for a while, but I would assume they will start again.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-par">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-par ... 1444744800]Planned Parenthood Federation of America said it will immediately stop accepting reimbursements for supplying fetal tissue for medical research, an attempt to tamp down a controversy that has led to Republican investigations in Congress and an effort to end federal funding.

I was talking about Planned Parenthood receiving compensation, not Shen Li or Renee..

Sorry for any misunderstanding everyone.

Renee

Thank for clearing that up Fash.

Romero

QuoteThe Zika Virus Could Force Women To Have Unsafe Abortions

As the Zika virus continues to cause severe birth deformities in babies whose mothers contract it throughout the Americas, El Salvador has advised women to avoid becoming pregnant for a full two years until the epidemic is eradicated. But women who are already pregnant with the disease are left with few options in a country where abortion is criminalized without exceptions.

The virus, which the Aedes aegypti mosquito transmits, is linked to the condition microcephaly, which causes babies to be born with abnormally small heads and severe developmental delays. Since Brazil confirmed the first case in May 2015, 21 other countries throughout South, Central and North America, including the United States, have since reported occurrences. Nearly 4,000 children have been born with microcephaly in the areas affected.

El Savador's government advised women on Monday to delay getting pregnant until 2018 -- an unprecedented recommendation -- while Colombia, Jamaica and Ecuador called for shorter delays.

The problem in El Salvador's case is that women who are already pregnant and contract the virus are still subject to the nation's complete ban on abortion, which has already put dozens of women behind bars for murder. Health workers worry the law could drive many desperate women infected with Zika to seek dangerous, back-alley procedures.

"Imagine you're pregnant already, and then you discover you have this virus, and then you discover that this virus causes this condition in the fetus," said Anu Kumar, executive vice president of the global abortion rights non-profit IPAS. "Then you're faced with the decision of, what do you want to do with this?"

Kumar, speaking at the International Conference on Family Planning in Bali, Indonesia, said the Zika situation highlights the public health problems that severely restrictive abortion laws cause. An estimated 47,000 women a year die from unsafe abortion complications.  

"That's exactly why these laws should be liberalized," she said, "because unsafe abortions lead to injury, lead to death, lead to women having unspeakable horror inflicted on them. And why, when we have the technology to do this safely?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-zika-virus-could-force-women-to-have-unsafe-abortions_us_56a77b76e4b01a3ed123c895">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-zika-virus-could-force-women-to-have-unsafe-abortions_us_56a77b76e4b01a3ed123c895

So, should abortion remain criminalized in the Americas? Should thousands of women be forced to carry deformed fetuses to term?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteThe Zika Virus Could Force Women To Have Unsafe Abortions

As the Zika virus continues to cause severe birth deformities in babies whose mothers contract it throughout the Americas, El Salvador has advised women to avoid becoming pregnant for a full two years until the epidemic is eradicated. But women who are already pregnant with the disease are left with few options in a country where abortion is criminalized without exceptions.

The virus, which the Aedes aegypti mosquito transmits, is linked to the condition microcephaly, which causes babies to be born with abnormally small heads and severe developmental delays. Since Brazil confirmed the first case in May 2015, 21 other countries throughout South, Central and North America, including the United States, have since reported occurrences. Nearly 4,000 children have been born with microcephaly in the areas affected.

El Savador's government advised women on Monday to delay getting pregnant until 2018 -- an unprecedented recommendation -- while Colombia, Jamaica and Ecuador called for shorter delays.

The problem in El Salvador's case is that women who are already pregnant and contract the virus are still subject to the nation's complete ban on abortion, which has already put dozens of women behind bars for murder. Health workers worry the law could drive many desperate women infected with Zika to seek dangerous, back-alley procedures.

"Imagine you're pregnant already, and then you discover you have this virus, and then you discover that this virus causes this condition in the fetus," said Anu Kumar, executive vice president of the global abortion rights non-profit IPAS. "Then you're faced with the decision of, what do you want to do with this?"

Kumar, speaking at the International Conference on Family Planning in Bali, Indonesia, said the Zika situation highlights the public health problems that severely restrictive abortion laws cause. An estimated 47,000 women a year die from unsafe abortion complications.  

"That's exactly why these laws should be liberalized," she said, "because unsafe abortions lead to injury, lead to death, lead to women having unspeakable horror inflicted on them. And why, when we have the technology to do this safely?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-zika-virus-could-force-women-to-have-unsafe-abortions_us_56a77b76e4b01a3ed123c895">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-zika-virus-could-force-women-to-have-unsafe-abortions_us_56a77b76e4b01a3ed123c895

So, should abortion remain criminalized in the Americas? Should thousands of women be forced to carry deformed fetuses to term?

The zika virus outbreak is terrible, but unborn babies should not be killed because they have it?

Romero

QuoteAffected newborns generally have striking neurological defects and seizures. Severely impaired intellectual development is common, but disturbances in motor functions may not appear until later in life.

Infants with microcephaly are born with either a normal or reduced head size. Subsequently, the head fails to grow, while the face continues to develop at a normal rate, producing a child with a small head and a receding forehead, and a loose, often wrinkled scalp. As the child grows older, the smallness of the skull becomes more obvious, although the entire body also is often underweight and dwarfed. Development of motor functions and speech may be delayed. Hyperactivity and intellectual disability are common occurrences, although the degree of each varies. Convulsions may also occur. Motor ability varies, ranging from clumsiness in some to spastic quadriplegia in others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly

If women don't have the right to choose, there could be untold thousands of children having to suffer for life. There are already 4,000 and it hasn't even been a year yet.

Anonymous

^Do you not fucking get it after 24 pages?? She doesn't support abortions even when there are birth defects.  Do we really need another 24 fucking pages of this shit.  :001_rolleyes:

This the dumbest topic to discuss. No winners, no losers just repetition.

Romero

I'm not expecting Fash to support abortion, and if you would notice any of the 24 pages you would know she's not the only one I've been having this discussion with.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteAffected newborns generally have striking neurological defects and seizures. Severely impaired intellectual development is common, but disturbances in motor functions may not appear until later in life.

Infants with microcephaly are born with either a normal or reduced head size. Subsequently, the head fails to grow, while the face continues to develop at a normal rate, producing a child with a small head and a receding forehead, and a loose, often wrinkled scalp. As the child grows older, the smallness of the skull becomes more obvious, although the entire body also is often underweight and dwarfed. Development of motor functions and speech may be delayed. Hyperactivity and intellectual disability are common occurrences, although the degree of each varies. Convulsions may also occur. Motor ability varies, ranging from clumsiness in some to spastic quadriplegia in others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly

If women don't have the right to choose, there could be untold thousands of children having to suffer for life. There are already 4,000 and it hasn't even been a year yet.

There could be scientific improvements that could make their lives better..

But, that aside, I think it's scary that so many parents would consider ending the lives of their unborn babies because raising a special needs child is a burden on them.