Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I'm not expecting Fash to support abortion, and if you would notice any of the 24 pages you would know she's not the only one I've been having this discussion with.

There are only two people in this thread that are pro life. There are some of us who are anti-PP funding, but we are still pro choice. If the argument is about abortion itself, you are having it with two people who will NEVER change their convictions any more than you will.

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, that aside, I think it's scary that so many parents would consider ending the lives of their unborn babies because raising a special needs child is a burden on them.

I haven't heard anything about these women wanting abortions because it's a burden on them.

It's a burden on the children who would have to endure an entire lifetime of suffering. There is no known cure.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteAffected newborns generally have striking neurological defects and seizures. Severely impaired intellectual development is common, but disturbances in motor functions may not appear until later in life.

Infants with microcephaly are born with either a normal or reduced head size. Subsequently, the head fails to grow, while the face continues to develop at a normal rate, producing a child with a small head and a receding forehead, and a loose, often wrinkled scalp. As the child grows older, the smallness of the skull becomes more obvious, although the entire body also is often underweight and dwarfed. Development of motor functions and speech may be delayed. Hyperactivity and intellectual disability are common occurrences, although the degree of each varies. Convulsions may also occur. Motor ability varies, ranging from clumsiness in some to spastic quadriplegia in others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly

If women don't have the right to choose, there could be untold thousands of children having to suffer for life. There are already 4,000 and it hasn't even been a year yet.

There could be scientific improvements that could make their lives better..

But, that aside, I think it's scary that so many parents would consider ending the lives of their unborn babies because raising a special needs child is a burden on them.

I discussed this once with a co-worker who was going with his wife for an amino to test for Down's syndrome.  I asked if they would abort if positive and he said they would.  He felt it wasn't fair to the child or them but also to their existing children who would not receive the same care and attention because of the care requirements of a child with special needs.

I didn't hold the same view nor did I condemn him for his reasoning.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, that aside, I think it's scary that so many parents would consider ending the lives of their unborn babies because raising a special needs child is a burden on them.

I haven't heard anything about these women wanting abortions because it's a burden on them.

It's a burden on the children who would have to endure an entire lifetime of suffering. There is no known cure.

I don't know if I could knowingly bring a child into the world to suffer.  The would feel selfish and cruel to me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
QuoteAffected newborns generally have striking neurological defects and seizures. Severely impaired intellectual development is common, but disturbances in motor functions may not appear until later in life.

Infants with microcephaly are born with either a normal or reduced head size. Subsequently, the head fails to grow, while the face continues to develop at a normal rate, producing a child with a small head and a receding forehead, and a loose, often wrinkled scalp. As the child grows older, the smallness of the skull becomes more obvious, although the entire body also is often underweight and dwarfed. Development of motor functions and speech may be delayed. Hyperactivity and intellectual disability are common occurrences, although the degree of each varies. Convulsions may also occur. Motor ability varies, ranging from clumsiness in some to spastic quadriplegia in others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly

If women don't have the right to choose, there could be untold thousands of children having to suffer for life. There are already 4,000 and it hasn't even been a year yet.

But, that aside, I think it's scary that so many parents would consider ending the lives of their unborn babies because raising a special needs child is a burden on them.

I discussed this once with a co-worker who was going with his wife for an amino to test for Down's syndrome.  I asked if they would abort if positive and he said they would.  He felt it wasn't fair to the child or them but also to their existing children who would not receive the same care and attention because of the care requirements of a child with special needs.

My baby girl was born with Down's syndrome..

I lost her before her third birthday..

If there was was an equivocal test for learning disabilities-antennal screening for autism, would we be comfortable offering it routinely?

Killing a baby for having Down's syndrome is sugar coated eugenics.

RW

I'm so sorry for your loss Fash.  Hearing about the loss of a child breaks my heart.  ac_crying

Personally, I would feel blessed to have a child with Down's syndrome just as I would be blessed to have a normal healthy child.  I think I would feel differently to bear a child that has a condition that would cause that child suffering though.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm so sorry for your loss Fash.  Hearing about the loss of a child breaks my heart.  ac_crying

Personally, I would feel blessed to have a child with Down's syndrome just as I would be blessed to have a normal healthy child.  I think I would feel differently to bear a child that has a condition that would cause that child suffering though.

We did the best we could to give our little angel a good and loving home in the short time she was with us..

She died from heart disease...2003-2006.

RW

I have no doubt you did Fash.

ac_crying  ac_crying  ac_crying  ac_crying
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

My baby girl was born with Down's syndrome..

I lost her before her third birthday..

If there was was an equivocal test for learning disabilities-antennal screening for autism, would we be comfortable offering it routinely?

Killing a baby for having Down's syndrome is sugar coated eugenics.

I am sorry for your loss too.

Twenty Dollars

I don't know if I could knowingly bring a child into the world to suffer.  The would feel selfish and cruel to me.

A child who would have to endure?  There are probably about 20,000 or more that are enduring right now. Some just didn't make it. They are called refugees. Your heart felt views seem to be very selective.

RW

Not really.  I feel for those children as well.  I'd happily let the kids in with their mothers.  They aren't going around raping people.  Do you care about those people?  Those women are someone's children as well.

I also think refugees would be better suited taking up residence in neighbouring Muslim countries where it culturally makes sense.  Is that so wrong?

Oh silly me!  I challenged your point and asked a question.  You don't answer questions or respond to challenges do ya pal?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"[

A child who would have to endure?  There are probably about 20,000 or more that are enduring right now. Some just didn't make it. They are called refugees. Your heart felt views seem to be very selective.

They are economic migrants which is why countries like Finland have told the scammers to hit the road.

RW

He's talking about Syrian refugees.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"He's talking about Syrian refugees.

I know what 20 pesos is talking about. The problem is that he doesn't distinguish between refugees and scammers. All should be allowed to stay.

RW

Yes!  They should all be allowed to stay ... in Saudi Arabi, Iraq, Iran, UAE, Yemen, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Somalia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Oman, etc.
Beware of Gaslighters!