Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Technically, men are half of the contributors to the creation of life.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Dove"It all matters. Life is sacred. There is a way to kill for food and not waste. I'm very pro life, my views on that aren't movable and not popular.

We disagree - but I won't get heavy into it*  ac_smile

I just want to say that something that impressed me as an advantage of abortion for society is that children that wouldn't be properly looked after - that would become criminals from being unloved/being born into a crappy situation/being influenced to be criminals have not been born thanks to abortion.  The evidence of that is indirect from New York crime rate going down a few decades after Rowe vs Wade (not my concept - I got it from the documentary "Freakonomics" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152822/">//http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152822/).

*Dove, I don't believe that the being that is aborted is a person or that it has feelings.  We might disagree on this point, and my callousness might be rough.  In real life I would never say these things because these kinds of opinions ruin people's friendships.
 I want you to look at how, since Roe vs Wade was done to the US, we have declined with that instead of improved. I mean come on. Maybe in theory but reality has told a very different story, hasn't it?   And if you are living in a society that looks to abortion as a solution to social ills....wtf, does that about the state of humanity?

What would your life look like if you had that child you aborted?

Is this a real question?

Does it look like a fake question?  You're talking about solutions to social ills.  How did it change your life?
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "Dove"It all matters. Life is sacred. There is a way to kill for food and not waste. I'm very pro life, my views on that aren't movable and not popular.

I just want to say that something that impressed me as an advantage of abortion for society is that children that wouldn't be properly looked after - that would become criminals from being unloved/being born into a crappy situation/being influenced to be criminals have not been born thanks to abortion.  The evidence of that is indirect from New York crime rate going down a few decades after Rowe vs Wade (not my concept - I got it from the documentary "Freakonomics" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152822/">//http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152822/).

*Dove, I don't believe that the being that is aborted is a person or that it has feelings.  We might disagree on this point, and my callousness might be rough.  In real life I would never say these things because these kinds of opinions ruin people's friendships.
 I want you to look at how, since Roe vs Wade was done to the US, we have declined with that instead of improved. I mean come on. Maybe in theory but reality has told a very different story, hasn't it?   And if you are living in a society that looks to abortion as a solution to social ills....wtf, does that about the state of humanity?

We aren't in a society that looks to abortion as a solution to social ills.  Incidentally, the availability of abortion has prevented the births of criminals, amongst numerous other benefits.

Where abortion is not legal ... women suffer, I'll just say that, women suffer.  In Brazil, someone whose story I know, this girl got pregnant four (4) times.  Knowing about how she got pregnant did not stop her from continuing to have unprotected sex.  She had unprotected sex for several reasons - including the prohibitive cost of birth control in her case.  Because Brazil does not allow abortions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Brazil">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Brazil) - she had someone kick her in the stomach and throw her down stairs, and she took other kinds of medication that were known to cause abortions.  Those pregnancies happened within a few years - I don't know how she's doing now.

asal

Twelve minutes of silence = KO.  Asal the champion! :yahoo:

Romero

There are more abortions, deaths and injuries in countries where abortions are illegal. It's safe and legal in developed countries. It's a horror show in undeveloped countries. Their restrictions have not worked out well in any way whatsoever.

Nobody can actually stop a woman from having the right to choose. If she wants one, she's going to have one. The number of abortions are no less in countries where it's illegal. Legalizing makes it safe and saves lives.

We have to remember that it's not just women deciding they don't feel like having a child. There are hundreds of reasons why, from personal to medical, that the rest of us could never understand.

We can't make that decision for them. It's none of our business.

The number of abortions has actually been dropping in countries where it's legal. Why? Because of legalization, education, and the availability of contraception.

That works. Criminalizing and treating women like they're breeding livestock does not.

In heavily-Catholic, illegal abortion Brazil, approximately 1-3 million women get abortions every year. An estimated 200,000-300,000 are hospitalized for unsafe abortion.

Is that what we want? Show me any country where abortion law is working.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"There are more abortions, deaths and injuries in countries where abortions are illegal. It's safe and legal in developed countries. It's a horror show in undeveloped countries. Their restrictions have not worked out well in any way whatsoever.

Nobody can actually stop a woman from having the right to choose. If she wants one, she's going to have one. The number of abortions are no less in countries where it's illegal. Legalizing makes it safe and saves lives.

We have to remember that it's not just women deciding they don't feel like having a child. There are hundreds of reasons why, from personal to medical, that the rest of us could never understand.

The number of abortions has actually been dropping in countries where it's legal. Why? Because of legalization, education, and the availability of contraception.

That works. Criminalizing and treating women like they're breeding livestock does not.

In heavily-Catholic, illegal abortion Brazil, approximately 1-3 million women get abortions every year. An estimated 200,000-300,000 are hospitalized for unsafe abortion.

Legalizing the murder of unborn children saves lives??

Abortion is about taking a life not saving one.

asal

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"There are more abortions, deaths and injuries in countries where abortions are illegal. It's safe and legal in developed countries. It's a horror show in undeveloped countries. Their restrictions have not worked out well in any way whatsoever.

Two (2) lives are present.  There has to be minimally a pregnant woman as well as the foetus.

Frood

Is it ok to have an abortion if it's rape or incest? Weigh in on this, religious people?
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

My 2 Cents.

I would never tell a women what to do with her body, it is HER body to do with it as she pleases.

Now, with that said if i was a female there would be NO WAY in hell that someone would tell me what i can or cant do with my body.

You call it abortion, I call it freedom of body.

Anonymous

What would your life look like if you had that child you aborted?

Is this a real question?

Does it look like a fake question?  You're talking about solutions to social ills.  How did it change your life?
 I deeply regret it and had nightmares for several years and developed crippling panic attacks. Like pretty much 90 percent of the other women who have used their power of choice too late in the game. I really wish I would have chosen birth control or abstinence, and I wish I would have stepped up and did the right thing.

Anonymous

Why not just legalize murder period?  It's illegal and still happens after all.

Anonymous

We aren't in a society that looks to abortion as a solution to social ills.  Incidentally, the availability of abortion has prevented the births of criminals, amongst numerous other benefits.

Where abortion is not legal ... women suffer, I'll just say that, women suffer.  In Brazil, someone whose story I know, this girl got pregnant four (4) times.  Knowing about how she got pregnant did not stop her from continuing to have unprotected sex.  She had unprotected sex for several reasons - including the prohibitive cost of birth control in her case.  Because Brazil does not allow abortions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Brazil">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Brazil) - she had someone kick her in the stomach and throw her down stairs, and she took other kinds of medication that were known to cause abortions.  Those pregnancies happened within a few years - I don't know how she's doing now.
 Did you really just say abortion prevents criminals from being born?  And women still suffer in countries where it's legal.  Seems like not getting pregnant is more of a solution.

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"Like pretty much 90 percent of the other women who have used their power of choice too late in the game.

Another lie you're telling women who don't deserve to be lied to.

QuoteAccording to a recent study from the University of California, San Francisco, 95% of women who have had an abortion report that they believe doing so was the right decision for them.

The study, published in the academic journal PLOS ONE, surveyed 667 women over the course of three years.

The study evaluated the women's emotional state for three years following their abortions through semi-annual phone surveys that were conducted every six months after their abortions.

The results showed that while 53% of participants felt that the decision to get an abortion ranged from being "difficult" to "very difficult," an overwhelming 95% of women did not regret their decisions.

The women reported positive emotions regarding their abortions, most notably, with "relief" as a predominant emotion.

http://mashable.com/2015/07/16/abortion-no-regrets/">//http://mashable.com/2015/07/16/abortion-no-regrets/

You're endangering women by lying to them. It's about their health and well-being, not about your guilt.

Quote from: "Dove"I really wish I would have chosen birth control or abstinence, and I wish I would have stepped up and did the right thing.

But for 1.2 billion Catholics, birth control is a sin. How nice for you that you wish you had a choice. Yet when you "console" women, you tell them that they don't get any choice and you lie to them to get your way. Your personal choice is up to you and their personal choice is up to you too!

You're not a doctor. You should leave the "consoling" to professionals without an agenda. At least they know they're not supposed to lie to their clients.

Quote from: "Dove"Why not just legalize murder period?  It's illegal and still happens after all.

So, you're like a murderer? Should you be spending your life in prison? I bet you're glad that you're not, even though you would want to make every other woman a criminal just for having the same choice you did.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It puts the mother's health at lower risk.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Dove"Like pretty much 90 percent of the other women who have used their power of choice too late in the game.

Another lie you're telling women who don't deserve to be lied to.

QuoteAccording to a recent study from the University of California, San Francisco, 95% of women who have had an abortion report that they believe doing so was the right decision for them.

The study, published in the academic journal PLOS ONE, surveyed 667 women over the course of three years.

The study evaluated the women's emotional state for three years following their abortions through semi-annual phone surveys that were conducted every six months after their abortions.

The results showed that while 53% of participants felt that the decision to get an abortion ranged from being "difficult" to "very difficult," an overwhelming 95% of women did not regret their decisions.

The women reported positive emotions regarding their abortions, most notably, with "relief" as a predominant emotion.

http://mashable.com/2015/07/16/abortion-no-regrets/">//http://mashable.com/2015/07/16/abortion-no-regrets/

You're endangering women by lying to them. It's about their health and well-being, not about your guilt.

Quote from: "Dove"I really wish I would have chosen birth control or abstinence, and I wish I would have stepped up and did the right thing.

But for 1.2 billion Catholics, birth control is a sin. How nice for you that you wish you had a choice. Yet when you "console" women, you tell them that they don't get any choice and you lie to them to get your way. Your personal choice is up to you and their personal choice is up to you too!

You're not a doctor. You should leave the "consoling" to professionals without an agenda. At least they know they're not supposed to lie to their clients.

Quote from: "Dove"Why not just legalize murder period?  It's illegal and still happens after all.

So, you're like a murderer? Should you be spending your life in prison? I bet you're glad that you're not, even though you would want to make every other woman a criminal just for having the same choice you did.

You do realise Romero that your link says 95% of women felt relief.  What did the other 5% feel?  Did they feel the same way Dove felt/feels?  Her personal and anecdotal accounts don't make her a liar and actually fall within your "proof that she's lying" cut and paste survey results.  

She's not endangering anyone but you are being a jackass.

You don't need to be a doctor or some kind of professional to console someone.  That statement is ridiculous.

Does it feel good to beat up on a woman who had an abortion and now regrets doing it and wants to save other women the same misery?  Do women not deserve to know what those who didn't feel "relief" actually felt?  

Don't worry about us Catholics.  We use condoms for "disease prevention".
Beware of Gaslighters!