News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Is it fair for women in the workplace to use maternity leave every 1-2 years?

Started by Frood, August 11, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"Hi Everyone, Baby machine here! :fgj(4):

I just want to say thanks to the employer :24pb120:  I drove into the poor house because of all the disability insurance payments he had to pay out when I had my three kids. Those six weeks per baby at about 60% salary were a God send. Thanks Saul, you're the fucking best.:yahoo: I hope the moths that escaped from your wallet made it back home alright.

AND I would be remiss if I didn't say that ALL the money I made for doing absolutely nothing wasn't SWEEEEEEET!!!! In fact I made so much money off that poor slob of an employer that right now I'm now retired and sitting my fat ass on a beach in the Caribbean. :001_rolleyes:

Is this a serious thread?????  ac_biggrin

6 weeks? Are you serious?

That's nothing.

Did you really have to take issue with a thread about numerous months in back to back pregnancies?

Not everything is about your small world, Renee.

And not everything is about your's.

I think you need to be cognizant of the fact that your whining may not garner the response you are looking for from everyone here. ac_biggrin

Pointing out that a 4-6 month absence because somebody likes to fuck without a condom every year is me or business whining?

Are you right in the head?

Seriously, just stfu.

So we shouldn't repopulate the planet because it puts out our employers?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"Hi Everyone, Baby machine here! :fgj(4):

I just want to say thanks to the employer :24pb120:  I drove into the poor house because of all the disability insurance payments he had to pay out when I had my three kids. Those six weeks per baby at about 60% salary were a God send. Thanks Saul, you're the fucking best.:yahoo: I hope the moths that escaped from your wallet made it back home alright.

AND I would be remiss if I didn't say that ALL the money I made for doing absolutely nothing wasn't SWEEEEEEET!!!! In fact I made so much money off that poor slob of an employer that right now I'm now retired and sitting my fat ass on a beach in the Caribbean. :001_rolleyes:

Is this a serious thread?????  ac_biggrin

6 weeks? Are you serious?

That's nothing.

Did you really have to take issue with a thread about numerous months in back to back pregnancies?

Not everything is about your small world, Renee.

And not everything is about your's.

I think you need to be cognizant of the fact that your whining may not garner the response you are looking for from everyone here. ac_biggrin

Pointing out that a 4-6 month absence because somebody likes to fuck without a condom every year is me or business whining?

Are you right in the head?

Seriously, just stfu.

So we shouldn't repopulate the planet because it puts out our employers?

I didn't realize that employers were meant to sustain the workplace careers of absent and unrepentant breeders, lack of work or presence not withstanding.

Did high school teachers passing lazy and un-attending Gen Y slackers start this phenomenon or does it go much further back in the lexicon of modern window licking feminism?  :wink:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"A male coworker was having a gripe today because he's been forced to cover for a female coworker who is about to use many months of further maternity leave for the second time in two years. The kicker is that both of them went for the position when it was advertised a few years ago and she was narrowly successful over him, but she's seldom around and he has to pick up the pieces. Then she returns and he gets demoted again, in effect.

He believes it's sexism since our employer has a very pro female advancement policy or activism, and he may be right. I'm a bit torn on this. If someone wants to cough up children, they probably should just leave but on the other hand, having a child shouldn't be the end of someone's career either.

If someone isn't present to do the job, should they be retained at their former position level when they return, offered another position, or just let go?

My coworker and his spouse don't have children nor want them, and they're career oriented. How is Ms. Baby Machine's behaviour fair to either of them?

The first time it happened, that's not a problem. A second time in two years means the temporary replacement should have been made permanent.

Bricktop

As a former employer, when I had to recruit new staff, what do you think I took into account when a young, married woman applied?

Its all well and good to enact these draconian laws so that women can have two roles in society, but employers will respond accordingly.

Women want it both ways.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"As a former employer, when I had to recruit new staff, what do you think I took into account when a young, married woman applied?

Its all well and good to enact these draconian laws so that women can have two roles in society, but employers will respond accordingly.

Women want it both ways.

I'm all for nurturing talent and promoting them. But taking 2 out of three years off leaves a huge hole. It also kills morale for the guy or girl who is doing the job on a temporary basis only.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

No. Until the children reach school age.

Children growing up while parents are working to afford 2 cars, 5 bedrooms, overseas junkets and the latest fad technology don't fare so well.

Children need parents, not paychecks.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

That's fine. One salary will cover it if the lifestyle has been PLANNED and thought through.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"That's fine. One salary will cover it if the lifestyle has been PLANNED and thought through.

The days of one income are over.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop