The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

TheProwler

At least if Joe keeps busy with NFTs it will keep him from creeping around the women of his neighbourhood for a while.

DKG

Joe's troilling belongs in the Smithsonian museum. It is so 2006. He hasn't modified his game to match the realities of forums in 2022. Hence, people leave this medium, he stays.

JOE

Quote from: DKG post_id=486110 time=1670174847 user_id=3390
Joe's troilling belongs in the Smithsonian museum. It is so 2006. He hasn't modified his game to match the realities of forums in 2022. Hence, people leave this medium, he stays.

Back on topic, Korean ....

World's leading investors & wealthiest men have a gloomy outlook for 2023 & probably 2024:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/burry-musk-zuckerberg-fink-jassy-cooperman-economy-outlook-recession-fed-2022-12">https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... ed-2022-12">https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/burry-musk-zuckerberg-fink-jassy-cooperman-economy-outlook-recession-fed-2022-12

....which means even they will be cutting back on their spending. Companies will be tightening their belts for the forseeable future. Less hiring, more firing, less investment, fewer startups & new products.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=486055 time=1670142547 user_id=3379
At least if Joe keeps busy with NFTs it will keep him from creeping around the women of his neighbourhood for a while.

NFTs the future, Prowler!

They're kinda like where the World Wide Web was back in 2000. Jes kinda gettin started.

I suspect theres a lotta money ta be made in em via ecommerce & Internet marketing.

I wouldn't buy any tho. Jes make em & let somebody else pay for em. I'd keep the change, eh? It was just like when WWW first appeared people were making $50-100 an hour designing what are now considered primitive looking pages that 10 year olds do now.

Im surprised that as a techie you cant see the opportunity here.

TheProwler

Like I said.

Post up one of your NFTs when you have them available, Creepy Liar Joe.

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=486177 time=1670223721 user_id=3379
Like I said.

Post up one of your NFTs when you have them available, Creepy Liar Joe.

Please don't encourage. Can we keep at least one thread free of Joe's attention starved prehistoric brand of trolling.

Herman

Hey Joe, every forum you post on quickly becomes dead. This forum has been around a long time. It's a good group of folks. We don't want you fucking this forum up like you have VF and BF. I know you cannot help yourself, but maybe you could keep your lame trolling out of this thread at least.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Herman post_id=486242 time=1670279280 user_id=3396Hey Joe,

">

JOE

Quote from: Herman post_id=486242 time=1670279280 user_id=3396
Hey Joe, every forum you post on quickly becomes dead. This forum has been around a long time. It's a good group of folks. We don't want you fucking this forum up like you have VF and BF. I know you cannot help yourself, but maybe you could keep your lame trolling out of this thread at least.

Hey Herman I'd rather stay on topic but some gaslighting fool keeps badgering me about nft's. Why don't you tell him to shut the fuck up? Prowler has no forum manners & nor the maturity to post here. Lotsa mommy issues too.

Anyway heres some food for thought to get this thread back on track:

">

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE post_id=486246 time=1670280103 user_id=97
Hey Herman I'd rather stay on topic but some gaslighting fool keeps badgering me about nft's.

Yeah, Senile Joe, you were avoiding any talk of NFTs.

You idiot.

Hahahaha!!!!

Quote from: JOE post_id=485882 time=1670035037 user_id=97
Actually what is the reason behind nft's?

Is it or can it be used for branding?

In that regard I could see why it could make sense. A nft  symbol appearing on a company's digital correspondence and advertising. Ie if Apple has an nft for its logo?

Quote from: JOE post_id=485926 time=1670069675 user_id=97
Actually, NFT seems like it could become a big deal, Prowler:

https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projects-by-company-a-list-for-marketing-experts-looking-for-answers-8837fd141aec">https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projec ... 37fd141aec">https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projects-by-company-a-list-for-marketing-experts-looking-for-answers-8837fd141aec

...especially if the likes of McDonalds & Nike have 'em.

">

">

Quote from: JOE post_id=485927 time=1670070110 user_id=97
Look Prowler....

">

....swoosh!

Quote from: JOE post_id=485929 time=1670070999 user_id=97
More info about NFT's:

">

Quote from: JOE post_id=485930 time=1670071463 user_id=97
How to design an NFT Metaverse:

">

Quote from: JOE post_id=486033 time=1670117504 user_id=97
Prowler...any person with common sense & the means would never buy an NFT...they'd make 'em package, distribute 'em & sell 'em. I can do it & so can you. Just like the person who managed 'to mine' cryptocurrency from a low cost or lossless energy source would be better off than the fool who spent $68,000 usd per bitcoin at its height actually buying it.

Basically ya just need a PC or Mac, the required software & an Internet connection.

I got all the software packages  they mentioned like modo blender and revit so I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl. Create something from basically nothing & other than your time, monthly Internet bill, nothing spent on em translates inta profit provided somebody buys yer nft's.

Maybe Reel can weigh in on this.

Quote from: JOE post_id=486037 time=1670118462 user_id=97
I'd be interested  making nfts Bigly.

If Nike made $100 million off a fake digital entity that anyone with computer skills & an Internet connection can produce then why not?

Quote from: JOE post_id=486160 time=1670204508 user_id=97

NFTs the future, Prowler!

They're kinda like where the World Wide Web was back in 2000. Jes kinda gettin started.

I suspect theres a lotta money ta be made in em via ecommerce & Internet marketing.

I wouldn't buy any tho. Jes make em & let somebody else pay for em. I'd keep the change, eh? It was just like when WWW first appeared people were making $50-100 an hour designing what are now considered primitive looking pages that 10 year olds do now.

Im surprised that as a techie you cant see the opportunity here.

DKG

Stocks were mostly lower in Asia on Tuesday after Wall Street pulled back as surprisingly strong economic reports highlighted the difficulty of the Federal Reserve's fight against inflation.

Adding to worries over the potential for recession, Fitch Ratings revised its forecasts for world economic growth downward on Tuesday to reflect the Fed and other central banks' interest rate hikes.

Its Global Economic Outlook report estimated global growth at 1.4% in 2023, revised down from 1.7% in its September forecast. It put U.S. growth in 2023 at 0.2%, down from 0.5%, as the pace of monetary policy tightening increases.

China's growth forecast was cut to a 4.1% annual pace from 4.5%.

Markets have been lifted by expectations China will press ahead with easing its stringent pandemic restrictions, relieving pressures on trade, manufacturing and consumer spending.

But investors are also eyeing the Fed, hoping it might slow the pace of interest rate hikes aimed at curbing stubbornly high inflation.

DKG

The expectation is the Fed will raise rates, probably about 5% given incoming data, and they will have to stay at this restrictive level for a period to come.

Traders are largely expecting a half-point interest rate hike at the December 13-14 Fed meeting, according to CME's FedWatch tool, which would bring the target rate to the 4.25% to 4.50% range.

Early next year, additional increases are seen that would bring the fed funds rate at or just above 5%.

DKG

The market's expectation is that the Federal Reserve will keep lifting its policy interest rate until it brings it to 5%, before pausing for some time. But it's possible that the Fed could decide that 5% is not nearly enough. That would be the case if the U.S. economy continues growing at a solid clip and inflation doesn't substantially cool off. That would be devastating for economic growth and of course the markets. Fingers crossed, that will not happen.

Breakfall

Quote from: DKG post_id=486895 time=1670587403 user_id=3390
The market's expectation is that the Federal Reserve will keep lifting its policy interest rate until it brings it to 5%, before pausing for some time. But it's possible that the Fed could decide that 5% is not nearly enough. That would be the case if the U.S. economy continues growing at a solid clip and inflation doesn't substantially cool off. That would be devastating for economic growth and of course the markets. Fingers crossed, that will not happen.

Excellent news sir! Now wipe that spot of semen from the side of your face! Ahahahahahahaaa.... prat!

DKG

Millions of Americans could face a "refund shock" when they file their taxes next year because a number of pandemic-related programs are set to expire or have expired, said an analyst.

Data from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) shows that the average refund taxpayers got back for their 2021 taxes was about $3,200, or some around 14 percent higher than the previous year. The next refunds will average about $2,700, said Mark Steber, chief tax information officer at Jackson Hewitt.

The 2021 tax year "was quite a remarkable year with the insertion of all those new tax breaks," Steber told CBS News this week. "But jump ahead to this year, and a lot of the increases expired, hence the term 'refund shock' or 'refund surprise.'"

Due to the expiration of some programs, "You're probably going to have not as pleasant an experience as you had last year," he noted. "There were larger, enhanced tax credits available last year that aren't available this year," Steber also remarked.

For example, the child tax credit is one benefit that will shrink when parents file their 2022 taxes. Normally, parents get about $2,000 for each of their children, but in 2021, the benefit increased to $3,600 for every child under 6 and $3,000 for minor children aged 6 and older.

Also, the Child and Dependent Care Credit that parents can use to pay for child care was boosted under the Biden administration-backed American Rescue Plan. That raised the credit up to $8,000 per family in 2021, or more than in previous years.

The IRS has already issued notices about potentially smaller tax refunds, noting in November that "taxpayers will not receive an additional stimulus payment with a 2023 tax refund because there were no economic impact payments for 2022."

Additionally, the agency said, it will be more difficult to claim a deduction for charitable on a 2022 tax return.

"The IRS cautions taxpayers not to rely on receiving a 2022 federal tax refund by a certain date, especially when making major purchases or paying bills," the agency said last month. "Some returns may require additional review and may take longer."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/americans-might-be-in-for-a-tax-refund-shock-next-year-analyst_4914890.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe-ai&src_src=morningbriefnoe-ai&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-12-10-ai-28&src_cmp=mb-2022-12-10-ai-28&est=Mzbi0Yp9wvxvjurNZTwMRNiYHqcYanGt%2B0CIeIpwWjhrRgLzxSLuR482teYMAtx2cg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/americans ... x2cg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/americans-might-be-in-for-a-tax-refund-shock-next-year-analyst_4914890.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe-ai&src_src=morningbriefnoe-ai&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-12-10-ai-28&src_cmp=mb-2022-12-10-ai-28&est=Mzbi0Yp9wvxvjurNZTwMRNiYHqcYanGt%2B0CIeIpwWjhrRgLzxSLuR482teYMAtx2cg%3D%3D

The pandemic party is over. The bills are due.

Print
User actions