Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

The U.S. is not my favourite place.

Started by RW, August 22, 2015, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

I was laughing because it's a cool phrase. Fighty rant! rawrr!  ac_biggrin

Imagine opening up a can of fighty rant on someone?
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Well, as everyone knows, I am enthusiastically pro-USA!!

Ewe Ess Ay!!! Ewe Ess Ay!!!

Sadly, its never, ever lived up to its own hype. It claims to embody the finest form of government on the planet.

It doesn't.

It claims to be a global superpower.

It isn't.

It claims to be the greatest country on earth.

It never was.

It is a gilded, painted whore, loved for its wealth and greed above all else. The world feeds from this fatted sow, and millions flock to its shores to indulge in the frenzy for a dollar. It is demonstrated that much of the world's ills can be attributed to capitalism. Whilst communism was never the answer, there is a better way.

But that would require applying the principles the US espouses, but fails to fulfil. Humility. Compassion. Peace. Justice. Fairness.

Instead, it boasts, ignores the wretched, wages war for no reason, employs corruption, and cares for no-one but itself.

J0E

Quote from: "RW"And no Azhya, I'm not jealous of the U.S.  I don't feel one single ounce of envy towards your country.

I do like a lot of Americans though.  I like you board folks.  I like the three beautiful kids who call me Aunty.  I love my best friend who is now an American as well.

Actually, one thing I don't like about the United States is that it is the Biggest Jailer in the world.

It throws more people in prison than any other nation.

There are over 2 million people in US prisons and jails.

America houses 25% of the world's female prison population.

It has more women in prison than China, India and Russia combined.

Many large US corporations use prison labor and pay inmates a fraction of what a civilian would get.

This is a very widescale practice and puts downwards pressure on the wages of the non-prison population.

I guess this is what Empires do, though. Historically the Roman Empire had a lot of slaves and prisoners. The Romans used to brand the letter F on the foreheads of their convicts. Everyone guilty, no crime gone unpunished. The sure sign of an Empire - America you are It. Step on your own people.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Well, as everyone knows, I am enthusiastically pro-USA!!

Ewe Ess Ay!!! Ewe Ess Ay!!!

Sadly, its never, ever lived up to its own hype. It claims to embody the finest form of government on the planet.

It doesn't.

It claims to be a global superpower.

It isn't.

It claims to be the greatest country on earth.

It never was.

It is a gilded, painted whore, loved for its wealth and greed above all else. The world feeds from this fatted sow, and millions flock to its shores to indulge in the frenzy for a dollar. It is demonstrated that much of the world's ills can be attributed to capitalism. Whilst communism was never the answer, there is a better way.

But that would require applying the principles the US espouses, but fails to fulfil. Humility. Compassion. Peace. Justice. Fairness.

Instead, it boasts, ignores the wretched, wages war for no reason, employs corruption, and cares for no-one but itself.

Thanks to Americans, you can post such things through the use of an American-designed computer. :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Oh, that makes all the difference...even though it was built in China!!!

That's another things Americans like to portray; that they invented and designed just about every innovation the world has known.

TV and radio? Nope.

Computer? Nope.

Flying machines? Nope.

Cars? Nope.

Trains? Nope.

Nuclear energy? Nope.

But, they did perfect the methodology of turning all humankinds innovations, ideals, desires and resources into a profit making exercise. Even religion.

In that, they are beyond challenge.

Even then, they didn't invent it.

Frood

America's major problem is that it is hung up on historical self perceptions of what it once was instead of what it has become. It believes its own lies and reinterpretations of history mass fed through fervent nationalism, faux morality, pious religiosity and delivered via early grade school indoctrination, national service, and media brainwashing.

This is not only America's problem. The entire world consists of similar nationalistic and narcissistic ethos variants.

The difference is that America currently and marginally retains the title of world's only superpower, and that's what makes its behavior more dangerous (to itself and to the rest of the world).

For the most part, the observations of Alexis de Tocqueville no longer apply to modern America.

To quote a historical fiction movie line: "Magua's heart is twisted. He would make himself into what twisted him." sums modern America, and that's a real shame.
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Let's combine all RW's fears. It's just neater that way. :001_rolleyes:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2033/2036307143_bea54e291b_b.jpg">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: "Renee"Let's combine all RW's fears. It's just neater that way. :001_rolleyes:

ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Renee"Let's combine all RW's fears. It's just neater that way. :001_rolleyes:

I would tell you I hate you if I wasn't laughing so hard.  ac_toofunny
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Oh, that makes all the difference...even though it was built in China!!!

Nothing can be built without the concept and design first that came from the brilliance of the source. Just like in the biblical story of Noah, he did not build the ark because he was a genius. It came from the concept and design of God who instructed him to build it. He was simply the tool as the builder. The giants conceive it, the worker bees build it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Oh, that makes all the difference...even though it was built in China!!!

Nothing can be built without the concept and design first that came from the brilliance of the source. Just like in the biblical story of Noah, he did not build the ark because he was a genius. It came from the concept and design of God who instructed him to build it. He was simply the tool as the builder. The giants conceive it, the worker bees build it.

In the case of the computer, the father of the PC is an Englishman named Charles Babbage.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

That may be true and credit should indeed be given where credit is due but he is not the founder of Apple and Microsoft.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"That may be true and credit should indeed be given where credit is due but he is not the founder of Apple and Microsoft.

He's the Noah of personal computing.  I would suggest you turn down being so damn smug when you yourself don't even know the history of the products you are bragging about.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview