Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

I hate America!

Started by Bricktop, December 06, 2015, 06:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Fast forward to today. I'm sure you have heard what drones can do. Too bad for Uncle Sam's enemies. These little warriors can find them. There will be no need to surrender.

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/AvcFBLCwkWqN_oNHfqPWAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztmaT1maWxsO2g9Mzc3O2lsPXBsYW5lO3B4b2ZmPTUwO3B5b2ZmPTA7cT03NTt3PTY3MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2015-12-11T075636Z_1110051696_GF10000261437_RTRMADP_3_MIDEAST-CRISIS-IRAQ-ITALY-DRONES.JPG">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"USA is not perfect but it rocks.

American soldiers are not perfect either but these Iraqi soldiers sure were happy not be shot on the spot.

">https://youtu.be/d7YbVdHkEp0

I found a video years ago in which the senior George Bush was shown getting emotional over this video. It got me emotional too even before I saw the video of the Senior Bush. It just touched me how awful war can be and here are these men kissing the shoes of American soldiers because they are being spared. They came so close to losing their lives.

This is a brilliant example of how America uses propaganda, and how utterly duped and beguiled they are by "emotive" images, particularly those that re-inforce the myth of American kindness and philanthropy.

It simply does not occur to Americans to challenge and examine this kind of evidence of their "humanitarian" demeanour.

Here's a clue; you are watching it because there just happens to be a CAMERA present. Just a fluke coincidence? Watch the vidoe closely...

Now, it may be that the event was recorded live and is a true testimony to that occurrence. Now, juxtapose that with Abu Ghraib. Which is the true reflection of American kindness? Or perhaps Guantanamo? How about Kunduz hospital? Most of you are too young to remember My Lai...google it.

When I see such petty propaganda as that, I just wonder at America's self deception. Does it coo at the kindness of its soldiers but forget that they should never have been there in the first place? That their nation committed, by any measure, a major and significant war crime with consequences still being felt throughout the region? Does it remember how wrong they managed a post-war Iraq by dismantling much of its infrastructure and military backbone?

Nope. A soldier was recorded NOT shooting frightened Iraqi conscripts, and America is thus the greatest nation on earth.

J0E

...Yeah, but Mr Leopardsocks Crowley, what you've failed to mention is how Australia is up to its knees (necks?) in this War on Terror as well. They're buddy buddy with America. Australians were one of the first to jump feet first into the Middle Eastern conflict beginning with Iraq back in 2003. And your countrymen are still there.

At least I hope Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau makes good on his promise to pull out of the Middle East asap.

This is a War without End. Anyone who stays, gets caught in that quagmire and many never come back.

Bricktop

I have mentioned it frequently.

It disgusts me.

However, our problem is that we are in a military alliance with the US, and if they call, we have to answer...they know how to get their hooks into other countries.

Hobart

">http://i.imgur.com/eMMrCA3.mp4

cc

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Or so I've been accused of by the less rational and enlightened members.

So, in the spirit of maintaining decorum in the general forum areas, I shall facilitate a more earnest discussion about my American detestation here.

Is there any septic with the bollocks to step up???

Naw. It's more fun sitting back and watching  you make a fool of yourself on your own
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

You're not a seppo.

You're an Australian. A turncoat, but still Australian at heart.

cc

You are correct that I am Aussie at heart even though I left it quite young. I'm also a good Canuck. Still, I have lived in the US for a total of maybe 14 years, all 4 corners of it. Also lived in Asia.

I have lived the plastic Hollywood in my early 20s and even found many good people there, the Gulf Coast of Florida where I found the Crackers exceptionally friendly and fine people, Ohio not as flamboyant but full of nice people, Washington State a people not quite as open but still nice.

For me it's real people I saw and heard, worked with and played with, not read or heard about.

I have lived Canada, Ontario in my youth, the Prairies and the West Coast including Vancouver Island.

While there are good people everywhere, the consistently nicest people I have encountered are Americans, and by a very large margin ... far warmer, far more friendly to strangers or locals.  

I won't argue on about it as that serves no purpose. I'll just state my experiences based completely  on how I was treated and leave it at that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"You are correct that I am Aussie at heart even though I left it quite young. I'm also a good Canuck. Still, I have lived in the US for a total of maybe 14 years, all 4 corners of it. Also lived in Asia.

I have lived the plastic Hollywood in my early 20s and even found many good people there, the Gulf Coast of Florida where I found the Crackers exceptionally friendly and fine people, Ohio not as flamboyant but full of nice people, Washington State a people not quite as open but still nice.

For me it's real people I saw and heard, worked with and played with, not read or heard about.

I have lived Canada, Ontario in my youth, the Prairies and the West Coast including Vancouver Island.

While there are good people everywhere, the consistently nicest people I have encountered are Americans, and by a very large margin ... far warmer, far more friendly to strangers or locals.  

I won't argue on about it as that serves no purpose. I'll just state my experiences based completely  on how I was treated and leave it at that.

You have lived all over the place cc la femme..

I lived in Taiwan, Kazakhstan for one year and most of my life in Calgary.

Odinson

Not hating america but if we are gonna ally with some1, let that ally be Russia..

Southern-europeans and americans have nothing to offer except "1st black president, 1st homo president"...

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/D76029F9-A448-467C-AD8B-984D2C5F0603_zpstktnuhqi.jpg.html">

This is the Americas.

cc

Most everyone knows that 20 cents

But if you feel you must make a fool of yourself posting what everyone knows, please do so and show us your priorities and how you tick.

At the same time people of the US or of any country  arefree to refer to any term they wish

Between you and our pet Joe, we have plenty of useless posts

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "cc la femme"Most everyone knows that 20 cents

But if you feel you must make a fool of yourself posting what everyone knows, please do so and show us your priorities and how you tick.

At the same time people of the US or of any country  arefree to refer to any term they wish

Between you and our pet Joe, we have plenty of useless posts

You don't seem to know the difference. Why the big chip on your shoulder? Clear?

RW

There is only one country in "America" that refers to itself as "America" and that's the United States of America.

I don't believe for one second that anyone here was unclear of what country was being referenced.

I also think that map meme is wrong.  There are two continents on that map - North America and South America.  That would make it the AmericaS.  The United States is actually the United States of AMERICA.  I just figure something should be correct if it's going to chastise people for not knowing the difference.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview