The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

All I Want for Christmas is ..... A "Real" Christmas Story from the Carolinas

Started by cc, December 20, 2015, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"Yeah, because it's not in the slightest bit ignorant to encourage children to read books full of fart jokes and toilet humor and it's perfectly acceptable to use tax dollars to provide librarys and schools with shit like that. :oeudC:

I would like to ask, "what the fuck is wrong with you people"? But I already know the answer and its not worth discussing.

I spent years running book fairs and the Captain Underpants series was one of the best sellers.  I imagine it's in school libraries because it's a popular fictional series amoung male youth.  I would imagine tax dollars are well spent when they promote literacy.  Literacy is promoted through books children like to read like Captain U.  Another fact is that reading proficiency is the number one determinant of high school graduation rates so kids should read read read their little eyes out.

I digress though.  What "you people" ban in your libraries isn't nearly as significant at the promotion of ignorance by clueless/religious/misinformed/uneducated parents on matters of sexual education.  Ignorance breeds curiousity.  Ignorance increases children's chances of being molested and teens' chances of being raped or contracting diseases.  This isn't poopoo, peepee, farty pants stuff.  This is something that can have a profound impact on a child's life FOREVER.

Get smart about this stuff people.  You owe that much to your kids regardless of if you love Jesus or not.

Of course captain underpants is going to appeal to kids and sell well. It's a direct appeal to the juvenile mind that all too often is attracted to crap in the gutter. Promoting literacy is as much about expanding a child's mind as it is about getting them to read. I can't imagine captain underpants does much to increase a child's intelligence. Sorry, but defending books like captain underpants when there are so many other more worthy literary choices for children sounds ridiculous to me.

Now as to your second point regarding ignorance, I agree completely, ignorance is dangerous for not only children but for the parents as well. Because when a child comes home pregnant or with an STD or ends up getting molested, the child's life is not the only life that is detrimentally impacted.

BTW, who let that fucking knob, Ace loose on the main forum?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Ace"You are of the people that I really don't give a fuck about.

How 'bout that, you ugly cunt?

This is unacceptable language and demeanour in this section.

Will the mods kindly get their act together?

It surely is not difficult to remove/edit an improper post.

Ace

I had a few drinks last night.  I'll edit my post for the sensitive...

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

I agree with this devil.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Ace

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Ace

I had a few drinks last night!  Show me a little tenderness and understanding!

RW

Would you kindly acknowledge that we aren't here babysitting fuck heads 24/7?

Ace has been put back in his cage.  You all can relax now.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Ms.Min

If there is a modding or administration issue that requires our attention, please PM me or send an email to thebluecashew@gmail.com.

Bricktop

Yeah, but then the asshole won't know who snitched.

And I WANT him to know.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Ace"I had a few drinks last night.  I'll edit my post for the sensitive...

Listen carefully, moron.

No-one here is sensitive.

Most people can give and take far more than your diminutive brain is capable of processing.

The point is not anyone's sensitivity. Its about establishing and maintaining a certain level of decorum so people can feel free to create, join and read serious and sensible discussions without being abused by someone who contributes nothing BUT abuse.

If that is hard for you to understand, PM me and I'll explain it in language you are more familiar with.

Use your fucking brains. You don;t have to be Snow White, but you DO have to act like an adult. Getting pissed off your face, by the way, does not qualify as adult behaviour, so don't try and hide behind that as an excuse for behaving like an unregistered dog.

You want to play dress ups, there's a sub forum for that.

Otherwise, act your fucking age.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"Yeah, because it's not in the slightest bit ignorant to encourage children to read books full of fart jokes and toilet humor and it's perfectly acceptable to use tax dollars to provide librarys and schools with shit like that. :oeudC:

I would like to ask, "what the fuck is wrong with you people"? But I already know the answer and its not worth discussing.

I spent years running book fairs and the Captain Underpants series was one of the best sellers.  I imagine it's in school libraries because it's a popular fictional series amoung male youth.  I would imagine tax dollars are well spent when they promote literacy.  Literacy is promoted through books children like to read like Captain U.  Another fact is that reading proficiency is the number one determinant of high school graduation rates so kids should read read read their little eyes out.

I digress though.  What "you people" ban in your libraries isn't nearly as significant at the promotion of ignorance by clueless/religious/misinformed/uneducated parents on matters of sexual education.  Ignorance breeds curiousity.  Ignorance increases children's chances of being molested and teens' chances of being raped or contracting diseases.  This isn't poopoo, peepee, farty pants stuff.  This is something that can have a profound impact on a child's life FOREVER.

Get smart about this stuff people.  You owe that much to your kids regardless of if you love Jesus or not.

Of course captain underpants is going to appeal to kids and sell well. It's a direct appeal to the juvenile mind that all too often is attracted to crap in the gutter. Promoting literacy is as much about expanding a child's mind as it is about getting them to read. I can't imagine captain underpants does much to increase a child's intelligence. Sorry, but defending books like captain underpants when there are so many other more worthy literary choices for children sounds ridiculous to me.

Now as to your second point regarding ignorance, I agree completely, ignorance is dangerous for not only children but for the parents as well. Because when a child comes home pregnant or with an STD or ends up getting molested, the child's life is not the only life that is detrimentally impacted.

BTW, who let that fucking knob, Ace loose on the main forum?

When kids are learning how to read, anything that gets them to pick up a book is important.  Whether they read comics or Seuss or Shakespeare is moot.  They need to be exposed to as many words as possible and practice a lot.  It's not a matter of intelligence (I think the word you were looking for was knowledge) but if Captain Underpants gets them to pick up a book, it's a good thing as it promotes literacy.  

Ignorance is dangerous and parents should see themselves as partners in sexual health but many do not have all the pieces.  I firmly believe in having sexual health educators come in to teach kids about things that are appropriate for their age level.  Keeping kids in the dark about their bodies even at an elementary school age is truly doing them no favours.  Parents have to stop being hysterical about this shit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"I had a few drinks last night.  I'll edit my post for the sensitive...

Listen carefully, moron.

No-one here is sensitive.

Most people can give and take far more than your diminutive brain is capable of processing.

The point is not anyone's sensitivity. Its about establishing and maintaining a certain level of decorum so people can feel free to create, join and read serious and sensible discussions without being abused by someone who contributes nothing BUT abuse.

If that is hard for you to understand, PM me and I'll explain it in language you are more familiar with.

Use your fucking brains. You don;t have to be Snow White, but you DO have to act like an adult. Getting pissed off your face, by the way, does not qualify as adult behaviour, so don't try and hide behind that as an excuse for behaving like an unregistered dog.

You want to play dress ups, there's a sub forum for that.

Otherwise, act your fucking age.
 He already meltdown and get put in time out?  Dang I was gonna have fun with that one.

Bricktop

Oh, yeah?

Why don't you pick on someone your OWN size...

ac_beating