News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Teaching Creationism in public schools...

Started by J0E, January 04, 2016, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "easter bunny"I found neither theory to be satisfactory so I had to come up with my own. I call it quantum fractal energy dissipation. In a nutshell, the universe is made of energy that's trying to dissipate, and it cycles through long periods of stability followed by a sudden brief period where gravity lets go and everything flies apart. Then it stabilizes again but at a lower energy level. That's where the three generations of particles come from. They're from previous quantum states when the energy was more concentrated. And it's been going on forever - long enough for snakes to learn how to talk. =P

Oh fuck......and I thought "Idjit Joe" was a problem.

We have a rogue egghead loose on the forum.:laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"I found neither theory to be satisfactory so I had to come up with my own. I call it quantum fractal energy dissipation. In a nutshell, the universe is made of energy that's trying to dissipate, and it cycles through long periods of stability followed by a sudden brief period where gravity lets go and everything flies apart. Then it stabilizes again but at a lower energy level. That's where the three generations of particles come from. They're from previous quantum states when the energy was more concentrated. And it's been going on forever - long enough for snakes to learn how to talk. =P

I didn't know you were a Pentecostal easter bunny?

:laugh:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"Actually, you havent. As I stated, you actually don't know enough about the Bible to refute it.  This will go down exactly the same way it does with every anti theist. A huge waste of time.  Btw, you can't be an atheist, the position that there is no God is irrational. I'm sure you have no clue why, though. I fully expect you to reject any solid evidence widely accepted as bullshit because that's what anti theists do. The tantrum is the cherry on top. Try opening your mind and looking at the body of evidence. Why don't you go point by point with everything in that article and explain, with facts, why it's irrational to you. I laid down points. Refute them. *popcorn* FYI, no where in that article was the bible used.

Is there some reason I should waste valuable time and effort explaining my critique of that crap?

The link is there. The gang are perfectly able to visit and make up their own minds.

Now, as to your "solid evidence"...where the fuck is it? Again with the typical religious twist; "I claim that lemons are secret alien listening devices - prove me wrong".

It is NOT incumbent upon ME to prove your fairy tales are untrue. It is incumbent upon you, as the promulgator, to provide evidence that your god exists. You have never done so, and never will. He/she exists in your mind, and your mind alone.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I didn't know either. What's a Pentecostal?  I need to google that now...  :laugh:

easter bunny

Quote from: "Renee"We have a rogue egghead loose on the forum.:laugh3:

http://www.batmanytb.com/tv/60series/cast/olga02.jpg">

Funny you should say that.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"

I didn't know either. What's a Pentecostal?  I need to google that now...  :laugh:

I'm sorry easter bunny, I thought everyone knew what Pentecostalism was..

It's charismatic branch of Christianity, speaking in tongues and some smaller offshoots even handling serpents.

easter bunny

Actually I don't belong to any church. I've always been a scientist at heart. The strange thing is that I took that route and ended up more or less in the same place, minus the magic. =)

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Actually I don't belong to any church. I've always been a scientist at heart. The strange thing is that I took that route and ended up more or less in the same place, minus the magic. =)

I don't know why, but I assumed even secularists knew about Pentecostals and other charismatic movements.

ac_unsure

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"Actually I don't belong to any church. I've always been a scientist at heart. The strange thing is that I took that route and ended up more or less in the same place, minus the magic. =)

I don't know why, but I assumed even secularists knew about Pentecostals and other charismatic movements.

ac_unsure

No. I don't pay attention to that stuff. To me it just meant five times more expensive or something.   ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"

ac_unsure

No. I don't pay attention to that stuff. To me it just meant five times more expensive or something.   ac_dunno

lol

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I would make a concession to the religious people. You can teach your seven say version of the beginning, but you have to teach young guys how to wear their frickn pants. ac_toofunny