The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Thiel

Quote from: "kiebers"H. Ross Perot, two time independent candidate for president and Texas billionaire, has died at 89. He died of leukemia according to the family.

QuotePerot, whose 19% of the vote in 1992 stands among the best showings by an independent candidate in the past century, died early Tuesday at his home in Dallas surrounded by his devoted family, family spokesman James Fuller said.

As a boy in Texarkana, Texas, Perot delivered newspapers from the back of a pony. He earned his billions in a more modern way, however. After attending the U.S. Naval Academy and becoming a salesman for IBM, he went his own way — creating and building Electronic Data Systems Corp., which helped other companies manage their computer networks.

I was an admirer of Ross Perot. He was socially liberal and a small government fiscal hawk. and he supported stricter gun control laws.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Rip Torn, Actor Known for 'Men in Black' and 'The Larry Sanders Show,' Dies at 88

Torn also appeared on Broadway and in cult hits like "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" and "The Beastmaster"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "kiebers"H. Ross Perot, two time independent candidate for president and Texas billionaire, has died at 89. He died of leukemia according to the family.

QuotePerot, whose 19% of the vote in 1992 stands among the best showings by an independent candidate in the past century, died early Tuesday at his home in Dallas surrounded by his devoted family, family spokesman James Fuller said.

As a boy in Texarkana, Texas, Perot delivered newspapers from the back of a pony. He earned his billions in a more modern way, however. After attending the U.S. Naval Academy and becoming a salesman for IBM, he went his own way — creating and building Electronic Data Systems Corp., which helped other companies manage their computer networks.

I was an admirer of Ross Perot. He was socially liberal and a small government fiscal hawk. and he supported stricter gun control laws.

Perot had some common sense ideas to make Americans lives freer and more prosperous.

Blazor

Ross Perot, one of the only 2 candidates I ever would've voted for. Ron Paul being the other.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Ross Perot, one of the only 2 candidates I ever would've voted for. Ron Paul being the other.

I don't know much about his platform, but his life was filled with accomplishments.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Ross Perot, one of the only 2 candidates I ever would've voted for. Ron Paul being the other.

I don't know much about his platform, but his life was filled with accomplishments.

I just want to say:

I approve of and greatly appreciate this thread, but I only read it every month or two to see if I've missed anyone.  This habit is because I participate more actively in a similar subforum on my "home" board, and I can only handle death in measured doses.

Just yesterday I was reflecting on my college years, and realized that of the nine undergrad roommates and housemates I had (not including my first wife) all but one of them are now deceased.  The one who still lives is the one everyone expected to die of alcoholism by age 25.  And (to paraphrase Bertie Russell) when he does finally pass on, they'll surely blame it on his drinking although he has already passed his actuarial "expected" lifespan based on age alone.

Gaon

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I just want to say:

I approve of and greatly appreciate this thread, but I only read it every month or two to see if I've missed anyone.  This habit is because I participate more actively in a similar subforum on my "home" board, and I can only handle death in measured doses.

Just yesterday I was reflecting on my college years, and realized that of the nine undergrad roommates and housemates I had (not including my first wife) all but one of them are now deceased.  The one who still lives is the one everyone expected to die of alcoholism by age 25.  And (to paraphrase Bertie Russell) when he does finally pass on, they'll surely blame it on his drinking although he has already passed his actuarial "expected" lifespan based on age alone.

My trade was recently certified in Canada. Since then, I have become a foreman and I do not have time to post or read very much online. I like this thread because I can check it on weekends and learn of those who have passed on.
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Quote from: "Gaon"
My trade was recently certified in Canada. Since then, I have become a foreman and I do not have time to post or read very much online. I like this thread because I can check it on weekends and learn of those who have passed on.

Congratz on the foreman position Gaon  :thumbup:

I was wondering why your posts slacked off lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Clearly he has no sense of priority!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

It is good to see the brother making some money.

Gaon

Quote from: "Blazor"

Most of my days are long now. Today was not too long. I leave for work early in the morning, I come home late and I see my little girl a for less than thirty minutes a day before it's her bed time. I am not complaining, this is what I have wanted since we came to Canada two and a half years ago. And the money is so much better now.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Khorosho!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Koshoro!!!

Excuse me Bricktop?

Bricktop

It's Russian.

Gaon will know.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's Russian.

Gaon will know.