The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Driverless cars - yea or nay

Started by easter bunny, January 18, 2016, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you comfortable with the idea of self-driving cars?

Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
5 (62.5%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 18, 2016, 08:13:51 PM

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"We are a ways off yet but as a person who could be physically disabled in the future, I'm looking forward to the technology.

The problem is that safety always ends up taking a back seat to profiteering. If they could solve that problem..

Gawd, you display a shocking ignorance of common sense Safety IS good for profits you moron. :crazy:

He is not the only one that thinks like that. It is just a misunderstanding. He seems like an ok guy.

Anyone who thinks that safety comes before profit is naive.

No, my friend it is you that is incredibly naïve. You've never worked in industry have you? In Canada, it is safety, safety and safety. You cut corners on safety, you are fired. Not following safety is bad for profits.

easter bunny

GM ignition switch, BP oil spill, MMA railway disaster, Volkswagon emission cheat...

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"GM ignition switch, BP oil spill, MMA railway disaster, Volkswagon emission cheat...

How did those mistakes profit their companies you fucking idiot? MMA is toast. BP spent billions cleaning up, Volksawgen is teertering on collapse over something that had nothing to do with safety and GM had an expensive recall. How did not following safety rules boost share prices or improve their bottom line fucking dunce.

The3 only companies that do not have to pay for safety mistakes are public owned  companies.

easter bunny

Lead paint, cadmium costume jewelry, melamine baby milk, tainted pet food...

easter bunny

Would you like me to do a search of ALL the corporate fuck ups I can find?

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Lead paint, cadmium costume jewelry, melamine baby milk, tainted pet food...

Ah China eh? Good comparison retarded brainwashed asshole.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Would you like me to do a search of ALL the corporate fuck ups I can find?

Sure and show us how safety mistakes were profitable too.

RW

It's not always the company with their name on the product who is cutting the corners...
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"Would you like me to do a search of ALL the corporate fuck ups I can find?

I said that cutting corners was profitable. That's how capitalism works btw.

Anonymous

You are talking to another Rohammad here. The number of train derailments per car load has dropped in Canada. However, when they do happen they are expensive, very expensive. Besides the cost of emergency crews rerailing equipement and the cost of trucking panels out to affected track damage, you have follow up trains in CTC territory that cannot move. What does this mean you retarded left coast faggot. Profits are down because some conductor left a mainline switch in reverse or didn't do an inspection while in the back track. Taking the time to do things safely the first time is always cheaper, but don't tell occutard idiots that get their info from the TYEE.

Anonymous

No it isn't, not in Canada. I have worked in places where like that, but not being safe in this country is very expensive. If you cut corners in Canada on industrial projects, you are run off and worse, blacklisted.

You have never worked in heavy industry have you? It is pretty obvious.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"It's not always the company with their name on the product who is cutting the corners...

That's what happens when you outsource components. No one knows who made it or what the quality is.

easter bunny

No it isn't, not in Canada. I have worked in places where like that, but not being safe in this country is very expensive. If you cut corners in Canada on industrial projects, you are run off and worse, blacklisted.

Can you name an electronic component that is made in Canada? I'll give you a month to do some research.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

You are talking to another Rohammad here. The number of train derailments per car load has dropped in Canada. However, when they do happen they are expensive, very expensive. Besides the cost of emergency crews rerailing equipement and the cost of trucking panels out to affected track damage, you have follow up trains in CTC territory that cannot move. What does this mean you retarded left coast faggot. Profits are down because some conductor left a mainline switch in reverse or didn't do an inspection while in the back track. Taking the time to do things safely the first time is always cheaper, but don't tell occutard idiots that get their info from the TYEE.

Are you unwell today?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

If this fucking left coast occutard thinks he can walk on the job, ignore safety rules and the company he works for will pat him on the back for his contribution to capitalism, he's delusional. He'd be run off on the first day. The reason, safety violations are bad for business.