The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Driverless cars - yea or nay

Started by easter bunny, January 18, 2016, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you comfortable with the idea of self-driving cars?

Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
5 (62.5%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 18, 2016, 08:13:51 PM

easter bunny

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "easter bunny"Would you like me to do a search of ALL the corporate fuck ups I can find?

Sure and show us how safety mistakes were profitable too.

You are talking to another Rohammad here. The number of train derailments per car load has dropped in Canada. However, when they do happen they are expensive, very expensive. Besides the cost of emergency crews rerailing equipement and the cost of trucking panels out to affected track damage, you have follow up trains in CTC territory that cannot move. What does this mean you retarded left coast faggot. Profits are down because some conductor left a mainline switch in reverse or didn't do an inspection while in the back track. Taking the time to do things safely the first time is always cheaper, but don't tell occutard idiots that get their info from the TYEE.

Regardless of which direction the number of disasters in any given industry are going, the number of fuckups caused by greed only goes in one direction - up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Are you unwell today?

I'm always fucking wonderful, so fuck you.

easter bunny

HP had to recall millions of power cords recently because - wait for it - there wasn't enough copper in them to keep them from catching fire!!!

RW

Are you unwell today?

I'm always fucking wonderful, so fuck you.

You're usually smarter is all.  Pregnancy brain maybe?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

As far as I can tell, China must already have driverless cars.

Because when they get to a modern country like ours, they cannot drive for shit.

RW

Herman/Shen - Are you denying manufacturers cut corners?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "easter bunny"Would you like me to do a search of ALL the corporate fuck ups I can find?

You are talking to another Rohammad here. The number of train derailments per car load has dropped in Canada. However, when they do happen they are expensive, very expensive. Besides the cost of emergency crews rerailing equipement and the cost of trucking panels out to affected track damage, you have follow up trains in CTC territory that cannot move. What does this mean you retarded left coast faggot. Profits are down because some conductor left a mainline switch in reverse or didn't do an inspection while in the back track. Taking the time to do things safely the first time is always cheaper, but don't tell occutard idiots that get their info from the TYEE.

Regardless of which direction the number of disasters in any given industry are going, the number of fuckups caused by greed only goes in one direction - up.

For the umpteenth time, safety violations are bad for business. It's not about greed, it's about laziness.

Incidents are going down on a per unit basis too.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"As far as I can tell, China must already have driverless cars.

Because when they get to a modern country like ours, they cannot drive for shit.

:laugh3:

:rimshot:

RW

For the umpteenth time, safety violations are bad for business. It's not about greed, it's about laziness.

We know that yet they happen because the reality is, corners get cut.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

EB, put your money where your mouth is and give us a single example of when you were told to put profit ahead of safety in Canada? You can't because no company besides little fly by nigh scammer outfits knows that would kill them.

Anonymous

And there are consequences for non compliance. I know because I have ran contractors off for safety violations. If I don't do it, I am ran off.

easter bunny

It's clear that both parts and labour need to meet certain standards or you get problems.

RW

And there are consequences for non compliance. I know because I have ran contractors off for safety violations. If I don't do it, I am ran off.

I'm not saying compliance isn't important but again, tell me in all honesty that manufacturers don't cut corners. Tell me that sometimes those corners don't affect safety.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It's clear that both parts and labour need to meet certain standards or you get problems.

Every part our contractors order from Ontario, France or Germany goes through rigorous testing before they can be used. We have a training program now that did not exist thirty years ago when I started as a young leasehand. That is just one industry too.

But, as someone asked, please provide an example of a company where you worked that told you to get around safety rules. I can't fathom big industries, like mining, rail, manufacturing doing that. Anyone in those industries that said that up to the company officers would be run off on the spot.

RW

GM.  Faulty ignition switches. They kept it under wraps.
Beware of Gaslighters!