The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Smacking the brats.

Started by Bricktop, March 21, 2016, 08:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

It was the 80s and it could have been all a load of crap.  I don't know what would have happened.  I did know kids who were put in foster care and they weren't happy kids.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"She's younger.

I don't want to pry but is this the same mom you keep in contact with?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It was the 80s and it could have been all a load of crap.  I don't know what would have happened.  I did know kids who were put in foster care and they weren't happy kids.

The devil you don't know can be even worse.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

I forgave her ages ago but she has continued with her bullshit and recently flipped out on me saying she never wants to "fucking see me ever again" so I've decided to honour that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"It was the 80s and it could have been all a load of crap.  I don't know what would have happened.  I did know kids who were put in foster care and they weren't happy kids.

Exactly!  What about you?  Ever felt like running from the golf clubs?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

I forgave her ages ago but she has continued with her bullshit and recently flipped out on me saying she never wants to "fucking see me ever again" so I've decided to honour that.

Told you to use sheep dip.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Sheep dip?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Sheep dip?

Lice..... Remember?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Exactly!  What about you?  Ever felt like running from the golf clubs?

I never was put through the terror that you were. My dad is ex Korean military and used hitting as punishments not because he was angry. I only was hit on the palms of the hands, the back of the legs or on the ass. For example, I got a bad grade I would have to go get his belt and bring it to him then hold old the palms of my hands. If I went to get an extension cord it was the back of my legs. I retrieve a golf club and I am getting it on the ass. The problem is that he kept it up into my teens.

I have a good relationship with my dad now. We play golf together, we drink soju together. And unlike my mom he doesn't get on my case with the "when are you getting married, you have to get married right away" or my favourite "when are you having a son, you have to have a son right away".

I cannot relate to what you went through. My dad went a little overboard with the physical discipline, but you suffered real abuse.

RW

My dad never really hit us.  Worst I ever got was a spanking and that was maybe twice in my whole life but he wasn't around much.

The emotional abuse my mom inflicted was far worse than the physical and those scars run a lot deeper.

Regardless, the government should focus on real abuse rather than spanking legislation.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"My dad never really hit us.  Worst I ever got was a spanking and that was maybe twice in my whole life but he wasn't around much.

The emotional abuse my mom inflicted was far worse than the physical and those scars run a lot deeper.

Regardless, the government should focus on real abuse rather than spanking legislation.

My dad is not a bad guy, but his actions were all he knew. He was trained for it. He is a very old man now and we get along great.  

Until now, I never heard of a mom being an abuser. Your experiences are different than anything I know of or heard of.

RW

When I was 13, I called my mom out once about abusing me and later that week she gave me a book titled "A Child Called It" so I would know what real abuse is.  Here's the description:

"[Dave Pelzer's] book A Child called "It" describes from his viewpoint about the severe abuse he suffered as a child. He writes how his mother was physically and emotionally abusive towards him from ages 4 to 12. In his book he describes how his mom starved him, forced him to drink ammonia, stabbed him in the stomach, burned his arm on a gas stove, and forced him to eat his own vomit. He mentioned that his father was not active in resolving or stopping the conflicts between Pelzer and his alcoholic mother. In 1973 at age 12 he was sent to a foster family. In the book he uses pseudonyms to reference his relatives."

I felt so much better.  Haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Sorry, I kinda barfed my life all over this thread haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Sorry, I kinda barfed my life all over this thread haha

No need to aplogize.

Hopefully it provided some small amount of social catharsis.  ac_smile