Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

welcome iron horse jockey

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2016, 10:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm so happy you joined us..

We're a small groups, but we have a variety of members and some lively discussions..

We all look forward to your contributions.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I was not expecting a welcome. That's an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

I will contribute when I can and what I can. But right now, I have to take a fifteen minute break. I will be back tonight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I was not expecting a welcome. That's an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

I will contribute when I can and what I can. But right now, I have to take a fifteen minute break. I will be back tonight.

Take all the time you need iron horse jockey..

When you return perhaps you can tell us about yourself.

RW

Welcome!  We're looking forward to getting to know you :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I am a locomotive engineer for CP. I have been with the company for almost 26 years. My wife is a nurse.

We love camping and travel. We get a lot of use out of our trailer. I plan to put up a new wooden fence around my yard. The old chain link has given up the ghost. I also like fishing and watching hockey.

My reason for registering is to read and contribute a laugh or an argument. Depending on my mood and whether I have eaten or not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I am a locomotive engineer for CP. I have been with the company for almost 26 years. My wife is a nurse.

We love camping and travel. We get a lot of use out of our trailer. I plan to put up a new wooden fence around my yard. The old chain link has given up the ghost. I also like fishing and watching hockey.

My reason for registering is to read and contribute a laugh or an argument. Depending on my mood and whether I have eaten or not.

Welcome iron horse hockey. You are the first person I have ever talked with that drives trains. That is a young boy's dream job.

Can I shorten your handle down a bit? Perhaps ihj or jockey? You can make a suggestion.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I am a locomotive engineer for CP. I have been with the company for almost 26 years. My wife is a nurse.

I LOVE to argue so we'll get along just fine hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I live close to a CP's Keith yard..

My husband often gets frustrated when trains block the crossing when they do their shuffling....I don't know what you call it..

His frustration is not personal.

ac_smile

RW

My husband built a train yard in the spare bedroom in our basement.  I get frustrated when trains block me having my friends stay over!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Oh sure. Ihj jockey or jock. It is all good.

Welcome iron horse hockey. You are the first person I have ever talked with that drives trains. That is a young boy's dream job.

Can I shorten your handle down a bit? Perhaps ihj or jockey? You can make a suggestion.

Ihj, jock, jockey. Anything will do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I live close to a CP's Keith yard..

My husband often gets frustrated when trains block the crossing when they do their shuffling....I don't know what you call it..

His frustration is not personal.

ac_smile

Switching out cars in the yard. It never is popular with the public.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Ah so you intend to argue back. Thanks for the heads up :laugh3:

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "RW"

Ah so you intend to argue back. Thanks for the heads up :laugh3:

I like to warn newbies hahahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Oh sure. Ihj jockey or jock. It is all good.

Ihj, jock, jockey. Anything will do.

Thanks jockey. You guys would be good at mazes. When I look at a huge CN yard I know, I wonder how they can possibly locate a car without a radio collar.

Anonymous

Every train has paperwork for every car. When the conductor and I set off a single car or a cut the paperwork tells us exactly which track to put it in.