Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

welcome iron horse jockey

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2016, 10:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Welcome IHJ. ac_drinks I grew up around the railroad.  My daddy worked for the railroad in China and in Canada. He is a civil engineer and worked as division engineer on the Edson sub for CN.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Welcome IHJ. ac_drinks I grew up around the railroad.  My daddy worked for the railroad in China and in Canada. He is a civil engineer and worked as division engineer on the Edson sub for CN.

Your dad worked in engineering services? We in the running trades have a love hate relationship with that department. If a conductor twists his ankle walking on uneven ballast, we blame the section. But we do appreciate their compliance with rule 110.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Welcome IHJ. ac_drinks I grew up around the railroad.  My daddy worked for the railroad in China and in Canada. He is a civil engineer and worked as division engineer on the Edson sub for CN.

Your dad worked in engineering services? We in the running trades have love hate relationship with that department. If a conductor twists his ankle walking on uneven ballast, we blame the section. But we do appreciate their help with rule 110.

I'm afraid I don't understand anything you said iron horse jockey..

We have another poster here, Twenty Dollars who knows a lot about boats and I don't understand anything he says about boats either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Your dad worked in engineering services? We in the running trades have love hate relationship with that department. If a conductor twists his ankle walking on uneven ballast, we blame the section. But we do appreciate their help with rule 110.

We have another poster here, Twenty Dollars who knows a lot about boats and I don't understand anything he says about boats either.

That's okay. I guess I am getting a little ahead of myself. We will have lots of time to chat. I hope it won't be all railway though lol. But, I am going to retire for the evening. I am on call for a trip tomorrow.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

That's okay. I guess I am getting a little ahead of myself. We will have lots of time to chat. I hope it won't be all railway though lol. But, I am going to retire for the evening. I am on call for a trip tomorrow.

Oh, we're not done with shop talk, trust me pal. I will have questions for you about the man himself.....HH....oooohhh!!

Ah wtf, I'll wait until you're broken in first.

Anonymous

Do you normally to do work trips on the weekend iron horse jockey?

Anonymous

A weekend, what is that? I get about 10 trips in per month. Once I have reached 3800 miles I am off until the start of the next month. I book 24 hours rest after a trip though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"A weekend, what is that? I get about 10 trips in per month. Once I have reached 3800 miles I am off until the start of the next month. I book 24 hours rest after a trip though.

That's good you're getting your rest though.

Anonymous

How far do you go on a work trip iron horse jockey?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"How far do you go on a work trip iron horse jockey?

One freight train can go from Vancouver to Montreal but they change out crews at each terminal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How far do you go on a work trip iron horse jockey?

One freight train can go from Vancouver to Montreal but they change out crews at each terminal.

Cars are dropped off and picked up at each terminal crew change. Not always though.

Anonymous

Mona

Welcome Jock. I'm relatively new, too, and still finding my way here. You must have many interesting tales to share from your train driving adventures.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"Welcome Jock. I'm relatively new, too, and still finding my way here. You must have many interesting tales to share from your train driving adventures.

Ha, Jock, that's a good one Mona.