Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

welcome iron horse jockey

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2016, 10:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Hi new member  :JC_howdy:  I'm Annie and just became a first time Grandma a little over a month ago. I live within a mile from train tracks in the lower mainland B.C. I love the sounds they make when running and the whistle/horn.  I think it's to warn all the wildlife near the tracks because we have a lot of bear, deer, coyotes, bobcats etc in the area.  Do you have any interesting train stories to tell?

I went with my Grandmother as a kid from Vancouver to  Saskatchewan. I remember walking to the correct car and passing a guy's big ol butt smushed up against the glass from the bathroom compartment..... :laugh3:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"Welcome Jock. I'm relatively new, too, and still finding my way here. You must have many interesting tales to share from your train driving adventures.

I would think so too Mona.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Hi new member  :JC_howdy:  I'm Annie and just became a first time Grandma a little over a month ago. I live within a mile from train tracks in the lower mainland B.C. I love the sounds they make when running and the whistle/horn.  I think it's to warn all the wildlife near the tracks because we have a lot of bear, deer, coyotes, bobcats etc in the area.  Do you have any interesting train stories to tell?

I went with my Grandmother as a kid from Vancouver to  Saskatchewan. I remember walking to the correct car and passing a guy's big ol butt smushed up against the glass from the bathroom compartment..... :laugh3:

Congratulations Annie the new grannie.

I only drive freight trains. Though I was loaned out to Rocky Mountaineer when I did training in Calgary.

The 4 whistle 1 horn blasts are a legal requirement before crossings. Nothing to do with wildlife.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"Welcome Jock. I'm relatively new, too, and still finding my way here. You must have many interesting tales to share from your train driving adventures.

I do Mona. I will reveal them sparingly. I will nothing to talk about if I don't budget my stories. :laugh:

Anonymous

Welcome iron horse jockey. I have a bone to pick with your company, but I will not take it out on you.

You will like this place.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Welcome iron horse jockey. I have a bone to pick with your company, but I will not take it out on you.

You would not be the first Herman. I have worked for CP for 26 years and there are things I don't like. Moreso since those Americans took over the company.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"Welcome iron horse jockey. I have a bone to pick with your company, but I will not take it out on you.

You would not be the first Herman. I have worked for CP for 26 and there are things I don't like. Moreso since those Americans took over the company.

I have noticed that too. I am a customer of CP. I have a farm. They have raised their rates and changed the terms to their advantage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

You would not be the first Herman. I have worked for CP for 26 and there are things I don't like. Moreso since those Americans took over the company.

I have noticed that too. I am a customer of CP. I have a farm. They have raised their rates and changed the terms to their advantage.

That is a common complaint in rural communities across the entire CP system.

Anonymous

That crew used to be at CN when my Daddy worked for them. I know all about them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

That crew used to be at CN when my Daddy worked for them. I know all about them.

CP now is like CN 10 years ago.

Annie

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Hi new member  :JC_howdy:  I'm Annie and just became a first time Grandma a little over a month ago. I live within a mile from train tracks in the lower mainland B.C. I love the sounds they make when running and the whistle/horn.  I think it's to warn all the wildlife near the tracks because we have a lot of bear, deer, coyotes, bobcats etc in the area.  Do you have any interesting train stories to tell?

I only drive freight trains. Though I was loaned out to Rocky Mountaineer when I did training in Calgary.

The 4 whistle 1 horn blasts are a legal requirement before crossings. Nothing to do with wildlife.

I didn't know that...I thought the horn blowing was to warn anything or anyone on or near the tracks.  ac_dunno
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"

I didn't know that...I thought the horn blowing was to warn anything or anyone on or near the tracks.  ac_dunno

I didn't know that either GrAnnie.

Annie

Well, I guess we learn something new everyday huh?  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Well, I guess we learn something new everyday huh?  :laugh:

I'm sure we'll learn more too about trains from iron horse jockey.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"Well, I guess we learn something new everyday huh?  :laugh:

I'm sure we'll learn more too about trains from iron horse jockey.

I am hoping jock can offer some insight on CP's stock. It is down about 30% from it's high.