The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Worst Medical Procedure

Started by RW, July 04, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

What's the worst/most unpleasant thing you've ever had done?

I had a screw put in a bone in my foot when I was younger to help it heal.  I was awake when they took it out.  It wasn't nice at all.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

I had a cancerous tumor removed from my right leg, in approximately the same part of the leg which would claim the life of Terry Fox:

https://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/3ba9d503-5728-4e03-a44b-482c3a3e6972.jpg">

I believe the medical term is osteosarcoma.

...unfortunately, Brave Terry is no longer with us.

However I'm fortunate to have lived and kept my leg. I even outran a bear on that same leg over a 200 yard stretch which could've devoured me ta shreds, 'Real.

Ya need a bit a' luck to survive an' come back from a setback.

Some of us are lucky, some of us aren't. The ones that were - well they fit to survive. That's their only reward, eh 'Real?

@realAzhyaAryola

A nurse was collecting blood from me and for some reason she did not do it correctly my blood squirted all over the place.

I was awake during my two emergency c-sections. The memory of the tugging and the pulling are not pleasant but necessary.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Twenty Dollars

Had my aorta replaced. Defective from  birth. 50 years later. Made me young again.

RW

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Had my aorta replaced. Defective from  birth. 50 years later. Made me young again.

Your aorta or your aortic valve?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"A nurse was collecting blood from me and for some reason she did not do it correctly my blood squirted all over the place.

I was awake during my two emergency c-sections. The memory of the tugging and the pulling are not pleasant but necessary.

C-sections feel very strange.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Had my aorta replaced. Defective from  birth. 50 years later. Made me young again.

Your aorta or your aortic valve?

Just go with it. :001_rolleyes:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I was beaten unconscious outside a bar in Winnipeg back in my drinking days. When I woke up in the hospital my jaw was wired shut. You would think this would have been enough to quit drinking after I was released from the hospital to recover at home. Foolishly I continued to drink for 4 more years.

Renee

Femoral Shaft Fracture..... the thigh bone actually broke through the skin.

My right thigh has a rod and 8 screws holding it together. Six months healing time another 4 months of daily physical therapy. I remember the doctor telling my parents that there was a chance that I would have a permanent limp. I said fuck that.....not going to happen.

So it was 4 months of flex training, one legged wall squats, leg lifts, leg curls, hydrotherapy....jumping jacks and jogging in chest deep water......Kinda difficult for me because I'm unnaturally buoyant. :laugh3:

Needless to say I don't limp.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Had all my top teeth pulled. Due to wife and I having the same procedure the same day, and someone had to drive, it was done with local anesthetic. Wife got knocked out. Nothing quiet like having teeth pulled, the tops of the gums slit, and a bone gouge used to smooth out the bone so a denture would fit with no high spots. Bone gouge makes a helluva noise when it is removing bone. The sound carries quite well through the bone in your skull.

Other than that, 8th birthday, three and a half inches of someone elses rib grafted into my left tibia. Three grafts total, 8, 9 and 12 years old. 2 years in a cast. Fun times....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

I'm a whiner compared to you lot!

:swoon:
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "kiebers"Other than that three and a half inches of someone elses rib grafted into my left tibia. Three grafts total. 2 years in a cast. Fun times....

What happened, kahbuzz?

Did you get into a fight?!?

...or was it contact sports?

Were you a WWF wrestler?

....oh my!  :shock:

...give us the details, the highlights WHY it happened

RW

Don't ruin my thread please.
Beware of Gaslighters!

chuck wagon

Lumbar puncture aka Spinal Tap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture

RW

Quote from: "chuck wagon"Lumbar puncture aka Spinal Tap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbar_puncture

I was schedule to have one of those and they cancelled it.  Sounds like I dodged a bullet.
Beware of Gaslighters!