The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Worst Medical Procedure

Started by RW, July 04, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"When I had my brain tumor removed.  At first the surgeon said they would have to go in by the top of my head, by cutting the top of my skull off. I freaked, had a panic attack, started crying.   The next morning he came to my bedside and said that he and another doctor were going to figure out another way. I worried for a few days until they said they would go through my nasal cavity while using a device that was measured and fit around my head.  They got it all after a week in hospital with meds to get the brain swelling down and then another week until I went home. it took over 3 months to recover.  Oh two days after surgery the nurse had me sitting up when a clear fluid started draining from my nose. It was my spinal fluid and I was not to be sitting up for at least a few days.  My tumor was called a Pituitary Adenoma and it was right in the middle of my brain behind my eye sockets.

OMG Annie, thank God it all turned out okay.

I think you won this one.....I don't think anyone can top what you've been through. My broken leg, bad knees and multiple concussions are like hang nails compared to what you've had to endure.  acc_hugz
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"When I had my brain tumor removed.  At first the surgeon said they would have to go in by the top of my head, by cutting the top of my skull off. I freaked, had a panic attack, started crying.   The next morning he came to my bedside and said that he and another doctor were going to figure out another way. I worried for a few days until they said they would go through my nasal cavity while using a device that was measured and fit around my head.  They got it all after a week in hospital with meds to get the brain swelling down and then another week until I went home. it took over 3 months to recover.  Oh two days after surgery the nurse had me sitting up when a clear fluid started draining from my nose. It was my spinal fluid and I was not to be sitting up for at least a few days.  My tumor was called a Pituitary Adenoma and it was right in the middle of my brain behind my eye sockets.

I think you won this one.....I don't think anyone can top what you've been through. My broken leg, bad knees and multiple concussions are like hang nails compared to what you've had to endure.  acc_hugz

Multiple concussions doesn't sound good. I've never been knocked out.

Anonymous

I don't know anyone who has had to endure as many serious medical issues as you have faced..

You are an exceptionally strong lady.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Multiple concussions doesn't sound good. I've never been knocked out.

Of the four or so concussions I've received, I was only completely knocked out once and it was probably a blessing in disguise. You don't need to be rendered unconscious to suffer a concussion. You can also receive a concussion and not even realize it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Annie

Thanks everyone.  I did and still do have cognitive problems, eyesight, hearing, minor balance problems, nerve damage and brain farts lol  

Holy on the concussions, Renee. I've had several and know they are not fun.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Twenty Dollars

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks everyone.  I did and still do have cognitive problems, eyesight, hearing, minor balance problems, nerve damage and brain farts lol  

Well in my case that's what happens when you think your tough and you block the plate.

It taught me that there is always someone bigger , stronger and tougher than you are. But the flash of colors on impact and tunnel vision afterwards are pretty cool though.... :laugh3:

Annie

Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Jeff Spicoli

They say one concussion isn't that bad, but until that heals...  DON'T hit your head again!

Repetitive concussions are the real problem.

I had one concussion a few years back, at the skate park...  Stunting on my bike, I hit the concrete essentially face first from about eight feet of height.

I still have scars to prove this.  

No helmet was worn, and I was "brain shocked" if you will.  Everyone came running, as my dome apparently made a clear "thud" on the concrete.

I was good!  Rode home on my bike, with blood pouring down my face.

I knew then, already, that I cannot risk another head impact.  Also, there is no doubt that the alcohol level in my bloodstream at that time helped me out.

I still have a scar on my face from that episode!

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.

Yeah the dizziness is fun too :laugh3: . The only concussion where I was knocked out was when I was pushed/fell down the stairs and broke my leg. It was probably good that I was out cold and remained that way until EMS got me up the stairs and into the ambulance. When I started to come around the pain in my leg was searing.

The down side was the doctors had to wait 48hrs until my brain went back to normal (yeah, right) before they could attempt to operate and repair my thigh bone. And because of the concussion, they had to be careful of the pain meds they were giving me. So for two days I was completely immobilized  and I got fed Tylenol for a broken thigh bone......worst 48 hours of my life.

RW

This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.

You started it. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to. :laugh3:

kiebers

I suppose knowing the cast on my leg after the first two grafts was 2 colors, white and blood red, doesn't help either. They both came off after about 2 and a half weeks. I do remember a few folks looking a little green after seeing that.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

I suppose knowing the cast on my leg after the first two grafts was 2 colors, white and blood red, doesn't help either. They both came off after about 2 and a half weeks. I do remember a few folks looking a little green after seeing that.

I am feeling a little green after reading it kiebers.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks everyone.  I did and still do have cognitive problems, eyesight, hearing, minor balance problems, nerve damage and brain farts lol  

Well in my case that's what happens when you think your tough and you block the plate.

It taught me that there is always someone bigger , stronger and tougher than you are. But the flash of colors on impact and tunnel vision afterwards are pretty cool though.... :laugh3:

Clarity can be really clear.