Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Worst Medical Procedure

Started by RW, July 04, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Years of accidents and I have ankylosing spondylitis. I've fallen from a light pole, out of trees, on my head from a top bunk, rolled in a car with no seat belt. I guess it never healed properly and when I had an epidural with my son it just made it a whole lot worse.  When I hear my neighbor complain of her sore toe I want to yell: "shut the hell up, you don't know what pain is!" lolol  Oh and I destroyed my right knee while skiing. Went on a jump and landed on sheer ice. I looked down at my body, I looked like a pretzel  :laugh3:

Hey, speaking of knees, I got the word yesterday that I have to go for ACL surgery. Looks like it will be scheduled in two weeks.

This summer keeps getting better and better. acc_angry
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Oh ffs! That's shitty! But at least it will be fixed right?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Annie"Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.

Yeah the dizziness is fun too :laugh3: . The only concussion where I was knocked out was when I was pushed/fell down the stairs and broke my leg. It was probably good that I was out cold and remained that way until EMS got me up the stairs and into the ambulance. When I started to come around the pain in my leg was searing.

The down side was the doctors had to wait 48hrs until my brain went back to normal (yeah, right) before they could attempt to operate and repair my thigh bone. And because of the concussion, they had to be careful of the pain meds they were giving me. So for two days I was completely immobilized  and I got fed Tylenol for a broken thigh bone......worst 48 hours of my life.

Holy shitaki mushrooms, you're lucky to be here!

Yeah, I probably am but like I said.....you win this one. You're the real lucky one. Whatever has happened to me or the rest of us, nothing beats surviving what you've been through. :thumbup:

I second that.

kiebers

Quote from: "Annie"Eww and holy moly Kiebers! That's a lot of surgical work. That must have been friggin painful  :shock:

Had/have a high tolerance for pain. That bone had been eating away almost since birth. Never felt it until it broke. Dr was going to press charges on my mother because he just knew I had to be in pain, until he saw how I was while I was in the hospital for 2 weeks after surgery. And yep it was lots of surgical work. They told us ten years earlier and they would have just cut my leg off. 1961, 1962, 1965 were the years I had the grafts.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Annie"Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.

Yeah the dizziness is fun too :laugh3: . The only concussion where I was knocked out was when I was pushed/fell down the stairs and broke my leg. It was probably good that I was out cold and remained that way until EMS got me up the stairs and into the ambulance. When I started to come around the pain in my leg was searing.

The down side was the doctors had to wait 48hrs until my brain went back to normal (yeah, right) before they could attempt to operate and repair my thigh bone. And because of the concussion, they had to be careful of the pain meds they were giving me. So for two days I was completely immobilized  and I got fed Tylenol for a broken thigh bone......worst 48 hours of my life.

Holy shitaki mushrooms, you're lucky to be here!

Yeah, I probably am but like I said.....you win this one. You're the real lucky one. Whatever has happened to me or the rest of us, nothing beats surviving what you've been through. :thumbup:

I second that.

Indeed
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Annie

lol, when I think about it, I'm amazed I'm still here. When it's finally my time to go, I'll be like: "guess what I did while I was down there!"  :laugh:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Oh ffs! That's shitty! But at least it will be fixed right?

That's the plan.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Annie

That's the plan.

I hope it all goes well. And I hope your kids and hubby take care of all the household stuff so you can recover  :thumbup: When is this happening?

Anonymous

That's the plan.

I hope it all goes well. And I hope your kids and hubby take care of all the household stuff so you can recover  :thumbup: When is this happening?

What did I miss.

Renee

That's the plan.

I hope it all goes well. And I hope your kids and hubby take care of all the household stuff so you can recover  :thumbup:

Yeah okay....:laugh3:

Anonymous

QuoteHey, speaking of knees, I got the word yesterday that I have to go for ACL surgery. Looks like it will be scheduled in two weeks.

Hope you make a speedy recovery Renee.