The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 118 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"So why was his on topic post moved?

Hell, Odindon's pedo posts are approved but Joe's on topic shit gets RRed?

Come on Fash.  This is getting ridiculous ... again.

That was a mistake.

I don't see you moving Joe's post back where it belongs.

How about employing some modding standards around here rather than pretending mods can just do whatever the fuck they want.

I don't want her too. I asked Fash to move that post. I don't want Joe in that sub.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"So why was his on topic post moved?

Hell, Odindon's pedo posts are approved but Joe's on topic shit gets RRed?

Come on Fash.  This is getting ridiculous ... again.

That was a mistake.

I don't see you moving Joe's post back where it belongs.

How about employing some modding standards around here rather than pretending mods can just do whatever the fuck they want.

I don't want her too. I asked Fash to move that post. I don't want Joe in that sub.

Is that how this place works?  You kick out legitimate thread because you don't like the poster?

Since when was that how modding goes?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Is that how this place works?  You kick out legitimate thread because you don't like the poster?

Welcome to the fourth reich  :laugh:

I usually wind up chopping the mod on most forums as Hitler. Think I've done it on 4 forums at least lol  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I usually wind up chopping the mod on most forums as Hitler. Think I've done it on 4 forums at least lol  :laugh:

Fash is no Hitler. I won't comment about the Global Supremacism mod.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Fash is no Hitler.

Oh I know  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"I won't comment about the Global Supremacism mod.

I have chopped him as a nazi with a mod as Hitler, and a few of us were nazis in it too lol.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Fash is no Hitler. I won't comment about the Global Supremacism mod.

Fash doesn't really mod but she is a lovely human.  I just wish she'd insist her new mods adhere to some modding standards rather than giving them free reign to use the mod panel to bully and marginalize posters.  

I honestly don't want to post on a board where posts that don't violate rules are moved or deleted.  We already went through that crap with that idiot Herman.  How many times do we have to do the same shit before Fash figures out it doesn't work?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

At the end of the day this is Fash's house and she can run it as she sees fit. That doesn't mean it's run or will be run to everyone's liking. I personally have issues with how a lot of things are handled around here but I realize that there is little I can do about it except grumble under my breath. I learned that the hard way, elsewhere.

That's just the way it goes in the forum world.

But we all have one option open to us....and that's "leave the nest". There is always pasture land that looks greener off in the distance and there is no chain on the door preventing anyone from chasing it. So complaining about mods or policy really has no point other than being a way to vent frustration.

BTW, in case anyone doesn't know already....being a MOD sucks rancid balls. It is a difficult, thankless, annoying, job that doesn't allow for the mistakes most normal people are prone to making. Even if you are overall a fair and just MOD the position basically makes you into the enemy of about half of the forum community. You automatically become a target for every complainer, numbskull, unruly cocksucker, and wounded crybaby out there. The hate and derision also follows you long after you step away from the panel because "problem types" just can't let things go. They internalize any kind of deserved disciplinary action you as a MOD threw at them because they aren't mature enough to accept that they have overstepped their bounds and or overstayed their welcome.

You couldn't force me at gun point to be a MOD ever again, on any forum. But then again that just might be indicative of being a MOD on this forum.....The track record isn't exactly good. Keeper fled the forum entirely after he quit and hasn't been seen or heard from since. I went on sabbatical for almost 6 months after resigning and Herman......well, he went psycho and had to be removed by the boss....... :laugh3: and as for that other low life, "O.L", there is no need to rehash what he turned out to be.  :negative:

I think the only MOD that worked here and didn't "lose it" in some major way was Romero.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"At the end of the day this is Fash's house and she can run it as she sees fit. That doesn't mean it's run or will be run to everyone's liking. I personally have issues with how a lot of things are handled around here but I realize that there is little I can do about it except grumble under my breath. I learned that the hard way, elsewhere.

But we all have one option open to us....and that's "leave the nest". There is always pasture land that looks greener off in the distance and there is no chain on the door preventing anyone from chasing it. So complaining about mods or policy really has no point other than being a way to vent frustration.

BTW, in case anyone doesn't know already....being a MOD sucks rancid balls. It is a difficult, thankless, annoying, job that doesn't allow for the mistakes most normal people are prone to making. Even if you are overall a fair and just MOD the position basically makes you into the enemy of about half of the forum community. You automatically become a target for every complainer, numbskull, unruly cocksucker, and wounded crybaby out there. The hate and derision also follows you long after you step away from the panel because "problem types" just can't let things go. They internalize any kind of deserved disciplinary action you as a MOD threw at them because they aren't mature enough to accept that they have overstepped their bounds and or overstayed their welcome.

You couldn't force me at gun point to be a MOD ever again, on any forum. But then again that just might be indicative of being a MOD on this forum.....The track record isn't exactly good. Keeper fled the forum entirely after he quit and hasn't been seen or heard from since. I went on sabbatical for almost 6 months after resigning and Herman......well, he went psycho and had to be removed by the boss....... :laugh3: and as for that other low life, "O.L", there is no need to rehash what he turned out to be.  :negative:

I think the only MOD that worked here and didn't "lose it" in some major way was Romero.

I couldn't agree more Renee..

I am always trying to balance between making a mod of a controversial sub happy and others who don't agree with the sub mod's decisions..

Am I succeeding with this juggling?

No, but I knew I wouldn't anyway.

Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "Renee"At the end of the day this is Fash's house and she can run it as she sees fit. That doesn't mean it's run or will be run to everyone's liking. I personally have issues with how a lot of things are handled around here but I realize that there is little I can do about it except grumble under my breath. I learned that the hard way, elsewhere.

And I don't keep my mouth shut when I see something going on that's wrong.  That's me.  

As you well know, I'm always happy to put my money where my mouth is and step up either modding, admining, or making a sanctuary for those tired of dealing with idiots both on the board and behind it.

I have seen so many times here what becomes of mods - former and otherwise.  I know the challenges and the frustrations and the reasons most left.  I also have seen what happens once the mod watch ends.  It's why I begged Fash to not mod IHJ but she promised so like the honest woman she is, she followed through.  I can't fault her for that but giving an untrained mod free reign of a sub is dumb.

Now here we are again with a poster who has been given carte blanche to use the mod panel to essentially pick on users he doesn't like.  Does Fash do anything? Nope. She moves on topic posts for him instead.  How many people are going to have to bitch or threaten to quit this time before the new guy is given some parameters?  

This forum is at a point where the idiocy is at a minimum and the mod who actually does something is doing a fantastic job.  Now we are back to this mod panel bullying bullshit.  Why????  Why this shit again????
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"Modding is only for people with thick skin.

Modding is for people who can be impartial and FAIR.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I have chopped him as a nazil

If you mean myself, no you haven't.

Blazor

I think you do a great job modding Fash, just from what I've seen.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I have chopped him as a nazil

If you mean myself, no you haven't.

Wait, I thought that was Scouse lol. So you're the GS mod? I'll be honest and say I havent ventured in there much.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview