The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Black Lives Matter rally gone really bad in Dallas - 12 cops hit in all - 5 dead

Started by cc, July 07, 2016, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "RW"Solution: more black cops

The police force does try to attract more "females and coloureds."

Problem is, many of the ones already employed just barely pass the tests, which have already been dumbed down to "accommodate.'

Look, the average street Negro cannot even speak proper fucking English...  You don't think issues could arise in the courts, when the average Negro cop cannot even say "Ambulance?"  Instead calling it an "Amber-Lamps?"

Give your head a shake, RW.  Both my parents were RCMP, and retired with a perfect record.  It's like everything else...  White people aren't perfect, but we just do some jobs better than others do.

First of all they pronounce it "am-ba-lance". You have too many syllables in your pronunciation.

Secondly why are you bringing up your parents as fine examples of individuals in law enforcement. By your own admission they were rotten human beings....drunk, negligent in raising their only child, abusive......etc, etc. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Since I know cops (raised by an almost 30 year veteran with multiple citations, wounded in the line of duty, etc.) I know that for the truly conscientious ones, their conduct out of uniform is as important to them as it is while in uniform. My dad always said that if a police officer can't govern themselves off the job in a manner befitting the uniform then they need to turn in their badge and gun. I believe most of his friends agreed and since cops generally only hang around with there own kind....most all his friends were cops as well.

No disrespect but your parents sound more like the kind of bad cop that gives good cops a bad rep. Your parents sound more like employees of the dept of corrections. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in Canada things are different but many of the police here in the states are ex-military and for most of them discipline, family and duty are the more important to them than their own lives.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Listerfiend

Angry White Male

"Amber Lamps" is the latest Negro speak.  I don't make this shit up on my own.

My parents were not the best, that is true, but I bring them up since they did this job, and I probably know more about the work and lifestyle than perhaps others do that have no connection with the field.

My step-father retired as Staff Sergeant at a local detachment.  My Mother?  I can't really tell you what she did exactly (for privacy concerns), but let's just say she spent her time undercover.  She was pivotal in solving some cases that are known around the world.

Renee, contrary to what you may think...  It is well known that the kids of Cops, especially two Cop parents such as I had, and being a single child...  I don't care what you think...  It is well known that the childhood can be tough.

And it was.  They have both now passed away recently, so I do not want to slander them, but it was far, far from comfortable.  It wasn't a very loving household, and I'll leave it at that.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Listerfiend"I call bullshit on his parents being cops.

Think what you want.  I have no reason to make up this story.

It was not a good environment to raise a kid in, and their drinking made it worse...

Angry White Male

And since police work generally involves shift work and odd hours, as a single child I would quite often come home from Elementary school to an empty house.

I spent a lot of time alone.

I think people are like pets...  You have to socialize them when they're young, or it's hard to do later...

Angry White Male

Regardless, I do believe the drinking and the fighting have left me with permanent scars, not to mention other issues which I won't get into detail...

It wasn't a fun childhood, and there is no doubt I will suffer until I die.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Listerfiend"I call bullshit on his parents being cops.

My parents were not cops, but the cops were often at our house. :laugh3:

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male""Amber Lamps" is the latest Negro speak.  I don't make this shit up on my own.

My parents were not the best, that is true, but I bring them up since they did this job, and I probably know more about the work and lifestyle than perhaps others do that have no connection with the field.

My step-father retired as Staff Sergeant at a local detachment.  My Mother?  I can't really tell you what she did exactly (for privacy concerns), but let's just say she spent her time undercover.  She was pivotal in solving some cases that are known around the world.

Renee, contrary to what you may think...  It is well known that the kids of Cops, especially two Cop parents such as I had, and being a single child...  I don't care what you think...  It is well known that the childhood can be tough.

And it was.  They have both now passed away recently, so I do not want to slander them, but it was far, far from comfortable.  It wasn't a very loving household, and I'll leave it at that.

Mel, when you have two alcoholic, neglectful/abusive parents, life is tough on the kids no matter what the parents do for a living. You are not an orphan.

I'm almost certain your childhood was crappy because they were drunk and abusive and not because of their occupation.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Angry White Male

Friday, July 15, 2016.

The day Renee posted her first legitimate post online.

Renee

Friday, July 15, 2016.

The day Renee posted her first legitimate post online.

No actually it was the first public post where I gave a glimpse into a more personal aspect of my life and I probably shouldn't have done it.

In fact it's time for an edit. Sometimes my impulsivity get the better of me and I say things I shouldn't...... ADHD.

kiebers

Three policemen dead and more injured this morning in Baton Rouge shooting incident. I listened to a call on the CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge. He said the shooting started before the police arrived. He saw a civilian on the ground and man running away with a weapon. He sounded very convinced it was not a planned assault on the police.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Three policemen dead and more injured this morning in Baton Rouge shooting incident. I listened to a call on the CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge. He said the shooting started before the police arrived. He saw a civilian on the ground and man running away with a weapon. He sounded very convinced it was not a planned assault on the police.

I have never been a fan of the cops, but it is a tough job. My condolences to the families of the fallen officers.

Anonymous

This is a piece written by Thomas Sowell.

Facts about cop-minority relations tell a different story from what we think we know

Even in this age of runaway emotions, there are still some people who want to know the facts.

Nowhere are facts more important, or more lacking, than in what has been aptly called The War on Cops, the title of a devastating new book by Heather MacDonald.

Few, if any, of the most fashionable notions about the police, minorities and the criminal justice system can withstand an examination of hard facts.

Yet those fashionable notions continue to dominate discussions in the media, in politics and in academia.

But Mac Donald's book of documented facts demolishes many fashionable notions.

Consider one of the big talking points of politicians and others who claim that the harsher penalties for people selling crack cocaine than for people selling powder cocaine show racism, since crack cocaine is more likely to be used by blacks.

The cold fact, however, is that black political and community leaders, back in the 1980s, spearheaded the drive for more severe legal penalties against those who sold crack cocaine.

Black Congressman Charlie Rangel of Harlem was just one of those black leaders who urged these more severe penalties.

So did the New York Times, the promoter of many crusades on the left.

Fast forward to the present, when both black leaders and the New York Times are blaming white racism for the more severe penalties for selling crack cocaine.

If you want to see what they were saying back in the 1980s, check pages 154-159 of The War on Cops.

When the political winds change, politicians change.

But that does not change the facts about what they said and did before.

As in her previous book, Are Cops Racist?, Heather Mac Donald put hard facts front and centre — and those facts devastate many a fashionable notion in the media, politics and academia.

One of the most popular arguments used in many different contexts is to show that blacks have been disproportionately represented among people stopped by police, arrested or imprisoned, as well as disproportionately represented among people turned down for mortgage loans or for other benefits.

Although many people regard these "disparate impact" statistics as evidence, or virtually proof, of racial discrimination, suppose that I tell you that black basketball players are penalized by NBA referees out of all proportion to the 13% that blacks are in the American population.

"Wait a minute!" you might respond. "Blacks are more than just 13% of the players in the NBA."

Black basketball players are several times more numerous than 13% of all NBA players.

This is especially so among the star players, who are more likely to be on the floor, rather than sitting on the bench.

And players on the floor most are the ones most likely to get penalized.

The difference between the percentage of blacks in the general population and the percentage of blacks in the particular activity being discussed is the key to the fraudulent use of "disparate impact" statistics in many other contexts.

Hillary Clinton, for example, decried a "disgrace of a criminal-justice system that incarcerates so many more African-Americans proportionately than whites."

The most reliable crime statistics are statistics on murders, 52% of which were committed by blacks over the period from 1976 to 2005.

If blacks are convicted of far more than 13% of all murders, does that mean that racism in the courts must be the reason?

On the benefits side, there was instant condemnation of mortgage lenders when statistics showed blacks being turned down for prime mortgage loans in 2000 at twice the rate that whites were turned down.

Seldom, if ever, did the media report that whites were turned down at nearly twice the rate that Asian Americans were turned down — or that Asian Americans' average credit scores were higher than the average credit scores of whites, which were higher than the average credit scores of blacks.

Such facts would have spoiled the prevailing preconceptions.

Many facts reported in The War on Cops spoil many notions that all too many people choose to believe.

We need to stop this nonsense, before there is a race war that no one can win.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"No actually it was the first public post where I gave a glimpse into a more personal aspect of my life and I probably shouldn't have done it.

In fact it's time for an edit. Sometimes my impulsivity get the better of me and I say things I shouldn't...... ADHD.

Edit it.  The choice is yours.

If you think I take screen caps or other shit, you are sadly mistaken.

As a Mod of DV, I was put into a sensitive position with peoples personal info.  Emails (often had their real names, first and last), IP addresses (could check where you're from, and cross reference other posts)...

Fuck, I even have Eves home phone number (not sure if it's the same still, since I don't care).  

Don't worry, Renee...  I don't care.  Do what you will!

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"No actually it was the first public post where I gave a glimpse into a more personal aspect of my life and I probably shouldn't have done it.

Edit it.  The choice is yours.

If you think I take screen caps or other shit, you are sadly mistaken.

As a Mod of DV, I was put into a sensitive position with peoples personal info.  Emails (often had their real names, first and last), IP addresses (could check where you're from, and cross reference other posts)...

Fuck, I even have Eves home phone number (not sure if it's the same still, since I don't care).  

Don't worry, Renee...  I don't care.  Do what you will!

What you would do with the info was not my first concern.

There are creatures who lurk in this place that are far more unsavory than you. I will refrain from naming names but most of us know who they are.