Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

I Cannot Read the Forum Unless I Login

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2016, 06:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

I don't mind the requirement to login in order to read most of the forum. I actually think guest posting should be allowed periodically, but I can see that it would be a hassle to maintain based on past instances.

cc, I think most modern bots and spiders are programed to register on sites that don't have obstacles like captcha or required logic questions to discourage bots.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I don't mind the requirement to login in order to read most of the forum. I actually think guest posting should be allowed periodically, but I can see that it would be a hassle to maintain based on past instances.

cc, I think most modern bots and spiders are programed to register on sites that don't have obstacles like captcha or required logic questions to discourage bots.

You still get some even with captcha.

shin

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "shin"I don't mind the requirement to login in order to read most of the forum. I actually think guest posting should be allowed periodically, but I can see that it would be a hassle to maintain based on past instances.

You still get some even with captcha.

Each version of captcha I've seen uses a finite set of results that can be noted and compiled in a database, so anything that isn't randomly generated won't work 100% of the time.

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"A small guest forum with heavy modding?

Doesn't guest posting discourage people from registering?

Thiel

gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"A small guest forum with heavy modding?

I won't be doing that until I personally have the time that will be required to keep an eye on it for juvenile delinquents..

That won't happen until late fall..

If I do it now, it would fall on Herman to babysit it and that's expecting too much of a mod.