The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

On Moderation

Started by Bricktop, January 08, 2017, 06:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Once again, we are experiencing drama and upheaval within the moderators ranks.

The history of TBC is littered with this juvenile nonsense.

Romero, Keeper, RW, Renee, and now Herman.

This has created a situation where Fash felt compelled to recruit kiebers, who contributed next to nothing to this forum and still, on his own admission, posts minimally.

Fash, this has to stop. THEY are not the problem. YOU are. Clearly, you do not know how to run a forum, and thus place your trust on others who are likewise lacking in experience and expertise. Add to that mix, the somewhat fragile emotions and personal disaffections of your previously selected team, and its little wonder chaos ensues.

To complicate matters, it seems that some members have influence on you that is not healthy. I'm talking about seoulbro in particular.

Speaking for myself, I'm fed up with this bullshit.

SOME people here put a GREAT deal of effort into breathing life into this forum, often against the tide of tards like Odinson, Freud, Mel and others. They deserve a better standard of moderation, and from people who equally try to make the place more interesting and fun.

So, here's the deal. Pick a team to take care of zones of their interest and general knowledge. As you once advocated, I'll take care of politics and social commentary. RW can do Forbidden Polka and Arts.

Seoulbro, who apparently knows quite a lot about moderating, can look after Money.

Kiebers can babysit the main forum.

You need to set parameters and policy.

Otherwise, things may get a lot quieter around here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Once again, we are experiencing drama and upheaval within the moderators ranks.

This has created a situation where Fash felt compelled to recruit kiebers, who contributed next to nothing to this forum and still, on his own admission, posts minimally.

Fash, this has to stop. THEY are not the problem. YOU are. Clearly, you do not know how to run a forum, and thus place your trust on others who are likewise lacking in experience and expertise. Add to that mix, the somewhat fragile emotions and personal disaffections of your previously selected team, and its little wonder chaos ensues.

To complicate matters, it seems that some members have influence on you that is not healthy. I'm talking about seoulbro in particular.

SOME people here put a GREAT deal of effort into breathing life into this forum, often against the tide of tards like Odinson, Freud, Mel and others. They deserve a better standard of moderation, and from people who equally try to make the place more interesting and fun.

So, here's the deal. Pick a team to take care of zones of their interest and general knowledge. As you once advocated, I'll take care of politics and social commentary. RW can do Forbidden Polka and Arts.

Seoulbro, who apparently knows quite a lot about moderating, can look after Money.

It's interesting you mention that because I was thinking about an arrangement like that too. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

What's wrong with Seoul other than his love affair with capitalism? He's a good poster.

Berry Sweet

Whats the problem with the modding?  

I think some of yous take these forums too seriously.

RW

It's fine now that Herman is gone.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Whats the problem with the modding?  

I think some of yous take these forums too seriously.

I think there has been a misunderstanding about a poster here who is currently on a beach in Cuba.

Berry Sweet

Where did Herman go?

Beach in Cuba?  They forgot to take me!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Where did Herman go?

Beach in Cuba?  They forgot to take me!

Herman is on his farm, seoulbro is in Cuba..

Give him heck when he gets back for not taking you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Once again, we are experiencing drama and upheaval within the moderators ranks.

You reading too much into this Crow.

I was not listening to posters or the admin. They complained about me and now I am a civvy again. The sun came up this morning, I am still a wellsite consultant and I am out of barrel wash.

As for Seoul, he had every right to complain. At least he called me dictator directly.

I am done with the drama until next time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I was not listening to posters or the admin. They complained about me and now I am a civvy again. The sun came up this morning, I am still a wellsite consultant and I am out of barrel wash.

As for Seoul, he had every right to complain. At least he called me dictator directly.

I want you to stay Herman.

ac_smile

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"

This is not about you, Herms. This is just another mod fuckup that was avoidable and unnecessary. We've had a parade of mods who were all good people, but couldn't manage to do their job in here for various reasons.

This has to stop.

Give me your address. I'll send you some Australian barrel wash.

RW

Mods need a bit more firm direction and expectations.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Mods need a bit more firm direction and expectations.

I'm willing to make it work and work with any mod.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Mods need a bit more firm direction and expectations.

I'm willing to make it work and work with any mod.

Great!  Set out your expectations on your forum.  Don't let mods do whatever they want.  Tell them what you want done.  If you don't want people banned or posts edited, etc, tell them.  People helping you need direction from you.  That would go a really long way :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"This is not about you, Herms. This is just another mod fuckup that was avoidable and unnecessary. We've had a parade of mods who were all good people, but couldn't manage to do their job in here for various reasons.

This has to stop.

Give me your address. I'll send you some Australian barrel wash.

It is about me this time anyway. I am a wellsite consultant, the big boss on drilling leases. I am used to bullying truck pushes, rig crews, cementers, wireliners, tonghands vac truck operators, water haulers, camp caterers and hotshotters. I was told what the admin wanted and then did my own thing. I am used to calling the shots, not taking direction, especially from a female.