The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australian bear home invasion.

Started by Bricktop, June 13, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Blazor

Black bears, you're suppose to make yourself as big and loud as possible. Dont look them in the eye or they see it as a challenge. Dont run, they will outrun you. Dont climb a tree, they will follow you. If cubs are near, you're fucked. Think of the scene from The Revenant. I knew when I heard those cubs he was fucked lol.

Now, on to story time!  :yahoo:

(sips beer)

This was about 8-10 years ago or so I think. Been watching some Survivor Man. I always liked camping and hiking, so I figured, Im gonna solo backpack. First time out I was gonna do 3 days. Think my pack weighed 35lbs. I learned quick to make it lighter than that after that journey. My trip would take me on a 7.5 mile loop up and over and back down a mountain, was at Apple Orchard Falls, 200' falls. Most just go up one side, and come back down the same side. I went up the steeper side and camped halfway up, hardly anyone one goes that side. This became my favorite spot that I go to once or twice a year. Right in front of a stream. Slightly elevated and away from the trail, so no one really spots it.

That night was fun. Took a few sips and started singing songs out loud lol. No one around. Started making Bear Grylls videos lol. Sometimes I'll get asked to play them lol. It was SO dark there. Mountains going up on each side of you, trees over top. Only when the moon crossed over a small opening in the center, did it light up the whole forest. So cool.

Day 2, I go up over the mountain, start coming down, and camp halfway down the mountain. I never camped that spot again lol. First off I was gathering wood. Luckily I was wearing my cow hide gloves cause when I picked up a log, at the same moment I saw them, I also felt a sting. 100's of yellow jackets lol. I put that log down quick back over them and TOOK off running, hauling ass lol. When I stopped, they were still with me, a dozen on me, and I grabbed and threw them down, but they swarmed my gloves, and I threw them off and hauled ass as if the devil himself was on my tail lol. It worked, I got away. I gave it an hour, then went back and gathered my big pile of wood, cause I needed it lol.

(finishes beer)

The next morning, shit got real. Now mind you I had a ONE man tent. Might as well be a supply tent cause I barely fit in it lol. Its like a coffin, you hit your head on the ceiling before you even raise up. I dont use that tent anymore either lol. So Im laying there about to get up that morning, when I heard something big come running down the mountain. I knew it wasnt human cause the path runs Horizontal not Vertical like the direction of the noise. Im thinking, oh boy, a deer is gonna run right through my campsite. It gets closer and then Im thinking its gonna run right by the tent. Was hoping I didnt get trampled lol. Well it came right up on the tent and stopped to the point that one of the paws kicked the tent as it stopped. Then it took two swipes at the tent about a foot from my head. I knew then it wasnt a deer  :shock:

I could see the shadow, and figured it to a mid size bear. I grabbed my .32 pistol, and yelled at it cause I knew to be loud. I'll admit it was a half Im scared as fuck half try to scare the bear scream lol. It worked, it silently left. Not a sound. Took a whole minute before I could open the zipper and look out, cause it was swiping at the doorway. Had to count to 3 lol. Nothing.

I still go back up there and camp, just not that spot. I also take a two man tent instead, and a .44. I figured I looked like a human burrito to the bear lol.

Ever see a mama snake with babies on its back?

http://www.ballsgohere.com/uploads/664726c615.jpg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Black bears, you're suppose to make yourself as big and loud as possible. Dont look them in the eye or they see it as a challenge. Dont run, they will outrun you. Dont climb a tree, they will follow you. If cubs are near, you're fucked. Think of the scene from The Revenant. I knew when I heard those cubs he was fucked lol.

Now, on to story time!  :yahoo:

(sips beer)

This was about 8-10 years ago or so I think. Been watching some Survivor Man. I always liked camping and hiking, so I figured, Im gonna solo backpack. First time out I was gonna do 3 days. Think my pack weighed 35lbs. I learned quick to make it lighter than that after that journey. My trip would take me on a 7.5 mile loop up and over and back down a mountain, was at Apple Orchard Falls, 200' falls. Most just go up one side, and come back down the same side. I went up the steeper side and camped halfway up, hardly anyone one goes that side. This became my favorite spot that I go to once or twice a year. Right in front of a stream. Slightly elevated and away from the trail, so no one really spots it.

That night was fun. Took a few sips and started singing songs out loud lol. No one around. Started making Bear Grylls videos lol. Sometimes I'll get asked to play them lol. It was SO dark there. Mountains going up on each side of you, trees over top. Only when the moon crossed over a small opening in the center, did it light up the whole forest. So cool.

Day 2, I go up over the mountain, start coming down, and camp halfway down the mountain. I never camped that spot again lol. First off I was gathering wood. Luckily I was wearing my cow hide gloves cause when I picked up a log, at the same moment I saw them, I also felt a sting. 100's of yellow jackets lol. I put that log down quick back over them and TOOK off running, hauling ass lol. When I stopped, they were still with me, a dozen on me, and I grabbed and threw them down, but they swarmed my gloves, and I threw them off and hauled ass as if the devil himself was on my tail lol. It worked, I got away. I gave it an hour, then went back and gathered my big pile of wood, cause I needed it lol.

(finishes beer)

The next morning, shit got real. Now mind you I had a ONE man tent. Might as well be a supply tent cause I barely fit in it lol. Its like a coffin, you hit your head on the ceiling before you even raise up. I dont use that tent anymore either lol. So Im laying there about to get up that morning, when I heard something big come running down the mountain. I knew it wasnt human cause the path runs Horizontal not Vertical like the direction of the noise. Im thinking, oh boy, a deer is gonna run right through my campsite. It gets closer and then Im thinking its gonna run right by the tent. Was hoping I didnt get trampled lol. Well it came right up on the tent and stopped to the point that one of the paws kicked the tent as it stopped. Then it took two swipes at the tent about a foot from my head. I knew then it wasnt a deer  :shock:

I could see the shadow, and figured it to a mid size bear. I grabbed my .32 pistol, and yelled at it cause I knew to be loud. I'll admit it was a half Im scared as fuck half try to scare the bear scream lol. It worked, it silently left. Not a sound. Took a whole minute before I could open the zipper and look out, cause it was swiping at the doorway. Had to count to 3 lol. Nothing.

I still go back up there and camp, just not that spot. I also take a two man tent instead, and a .44. I figured I looked like a human burrito to the bear lol.

Ever see a mama snake with babies on its back?

Great story Blaze. Now can I sit on your face?

Blazor

Quote from: "Little Ms. Sunshine"

Welcome aboard   :laugh:

I mentioned last time that you made my face look like a glazed donut  :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Welcome aboard   :laugh:

I mentioned last time that you made my face look like a glazed donut  :roll:

I have that effect on people. I am sweeter than fucking sugar ya know.

Blazor

Makes perfect sense now  :laugh:

Anonymous

Makes perfect sense now  :laugh:

Hey Blaze, once you go Asian, you never go caucasian.  ac_dance

Blazor

:roll:

First time I heard that, thats good lol  ac_drinks

Anonymous

:roll:

First time I heard that, thats good lol  ac_drinks

It's fucking true. ac_razz

Blazor

It's fucking true. ac_razz

I may have to test this theory one day  :laugh:

Angry White Male

I'm not going to reiterate this again...

MOST bears do fear humans, and will leave you alone, unless you are around a cub.

Polar Bears do NOT fear humans (one of the only animals that doesn't).

Grizzly's can be unpredictable.

The fact of the matter is, you'll probably be OK as a human around Brown or Black bears, if you use common sense.

Grizzly and Polar Bear territory?  As I've stated...  a 12 Gauge or 30-06 is a good starting point to carry.

They are wild animals, and most of them do the same thing.  Usually they leave people alone, unless they are very desperate, or are attempting to protect their young.

kiebers

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm not going to reiterate this again...

Fixed it for you.......

That's what it would have looked like had you not reiterated it again after saying you wouldn't....

(did I edit the post correctly?)

:laugh:  :laugh:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

MOST bears do fear humans, and will leave you alone, unless you are around a cub.

Polar Bears do NOT fear humans (one of the only animals that doesn't).

Grizzly's can be unpredictable.

The fact of the matter is, you'll probably be OK as a human around Brown or Black bears, if you use common sense.

Grizzly and Polar Bear territory?  As I've stated...  a 12 Gauge or 30-06 is a good starting point to carry.

Yeah, you're the expert.......cat shooter..... :laugh3:

What do you carry for shooting a pet cat while it's in a cage? ac_unsure

I'm going to go and disagree on the 30-06, not because it's a bad cartridge but because there are better ones for that application. There are a plethora or 45-70 lever actions on the market, new and used and any one of them make a better bear defense gun.

BTW, Browns (not to be confused with the Grizzly) and blacks are basically the same species.

"Black bears come in more colors than any other North American mammal. They can be black, brown, cinnamon, blond, blue-gray, or white."

https://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/basic-bear-facts/16-black-bear-color-phases.html">https://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages ... hases.html">https://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/basic-bear-facts/16-black-bear-color-phases.html
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

Fixed it for you.......

That's what it would have looked like had you not reiterated it again after saying you wouldn't....

(did I edit the post correctly?)

:laugh:  :laugh:

lol, yes you did kiebers.