Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Australian bear home invasion.

Started by Bricktop, June 13, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

I like the comment by the old man...."hike where there are no damn bears".

In the US and Canada....if you really want to get out in the leaves, there are limited places to do that...That's like saying hike in Australia where there are NO flies.... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Blazor

Killing a bear would be the last resort if it came to that. Of all animals, I have only killed 2 deer. I love the meat. But bears are unpredictable. Ya never know if some other idiot decided to blast it with pepper spray and piss it off, running towards your vicinity. I had a Ranger one time tell me to carry, he said "I would rather live and face a jury, than die and face a coffin".

My dad tells me to always carry a gun, cause "you never know". Years ago there were murders on the Appalachian trail. Im also close to where The Wrong Turn took place. He worries about me a lot cause I dont carry unless Im camping.

Mr Miyagi would never kill a fly. Maybe that fly was a bear spirit in his previous life, and now you are killing them all!

lol
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Women drivers are bad enough...but women gun freaks take the word "dangerous" to a whole new level.

Only thing worse is East Asian women drivers.

:001_rolleyes:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Women drivers are bad enough...but women gun freaks take the word "dangerous" to a whole new level.

Or worse yet, East Asian women drivers with guns!  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

That would be Shen Li.

:laugh:

Blazor

That would be Shen Li.

Sounds like a chop idea  :laugh:

Anonymous

That would be Shen Li.

Sounds like a chop idea  :laugh:

Anonymous

That would be Shen Li.

You're an idiot.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"Don't even try to compete with me when it comes to knowledge about firearms....in fact don't even try to compete with me on anything....you God damn ignoramus.

Up here, I don't know anyone that pretends to be a California cowboy with 45-70 rounds when in Grizzly country.  Not that it's a bad round, but most here tend to grab the tried and true 30-06 (or .308) if they want a hunting/bush rifle, simply due to cost of ammo, availability, and its effectiveness against most game here.

NOW, understand that others who want something short, light, and quick to handle, generally will use a 12 gauge...  like a "defender" type model when in Grizzly country.

Maybe things are different where you live, Renee, but I have never seen a hunter here run a 45-70, unless just for fun, or they like to reload and think they are a California Cowboy in 1880's California.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"BTW, a lot of professionals would readily recommend for the average hiker that you skip the long gun and carry "big iron" instead...44 mag, ...45 long colt...454 Casull,...475 Linebaugh etc.

You're kidding, right?

Even the most powerful handgun rounds cannot compare with the energy dump of even the average long rifle round.

Sure, better than nothing...  However, if you belittle my opinion that 30-06 or 12 Gauge rounds are inferior, certainly don't claim that a .44 Magnum handgun round is awesome and recommended.

Angry White Male

Maybe we should all just carry rifles chambered in .375 Holland & Holland, which is one of the most powerful, but still easily available, rounds around here.  That way we can be EXTRA safe!  Just don't ask how much a day at the range will cost you in ammo...

Angry White Male

Be right back...  Renee needs a black powder change for her .45 Cowboy round load...

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Be right back...  Renee needs a black powder change for her .45 Cowboy round load...

Looky here....the expert cat shooter is back for more. I told you to STFU....and you are still gibbering.....mother fucking dumb ass, toad. Man you just love to be made a fool of, don'tcha?

Mel, you don't know shit about guns or hunting. In fact you don't know shit about anything, you square headed, red faced, turd pile. All you do is run your mouth with your 6th grade education and pretend to be an authority on everything. I already made an ass out of you on this subject but you just keep flapping your gums... :nea:

Drunk again...and dumb as mud.... :laugh3:

You're the kind of person that should be banned from owning a gun....drunk, stupid and irresponsible. Is that piece of shit Walmart pump gun still hanging on your living room wall unsecured? You're a fucking tragedy waiting to happen. I guess you keep it there because you never know when you will have to go full hillbilly retard and shoot your pet cat.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2012/12/best-grizzly-guns-9-great-guns-brown-bear-hunting-and-defense">http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/galle ... nd-defense">http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2012/12/best-grizzly-guns-9-great-guns-brown-bear-hunting-and-defense

Notice how the 06 doesn't even make the list but the 45-70 is right near the top pick?

Now fuck off....you alcohol soaked waste of skin. If I have to address this issue again with you, I'm not going to be nearly as nice as I am being now.....Eat shit.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Angry White Male

Your linked list is a joke, Renee...

It does include the 12 Gauge, which I mentioned straight up is a popular choice...

However, it's a joke because half the firearms there are handguns.  .357 Magnum in Grizzly country?  Again, better than nothing.

Your list is a joke.  30-06 didn't even make the list, but .357 Magnum did?

Give me a break.

What type of black powder do you like to use when reloading your .45 California Cowboy rounds?

Do you just use a campfire to melt the spent lead and cast it into new bullets also?