Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Australian woman murdered by US Cop

Started by Bricktop, July 17, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"A bit more on this from local news

The partner of a Minneapolis cop who shot dead bride-to-be Justine Damond was 'stunned' when the officer opened fire through a squad car door, sources say.

Officer Matthew Harrity, who was in the driving seat, was speaking to Damond after she called 911 to report a sexual assault occurring near her home, when his partner reached across him and fatally shot her in the abdomen.

A police source told KARE11 that Harrity was 'left stunned' by officer Mohamed Noor's actions.

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/457339023">http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police- ... /457339023">http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/457339023

:shock:

Odinson

It was obviously religious thing because the woman was not dressed appropriately..

That somali got his job through some leftie ideology.... Not for actual skill.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"So he would have gone through all that training and no one would have hired him if it wasn't for PCism?

Well let's just put it this way....In towns run by democrats like most major cities in the US, more qualified candidates sometimes get passed by in favor of skin color and sex. In liberal run cities, towns and states, "affirmative action" is a fucking religion.

Now I'm not saying that's how the offending officer got his job but it wouldn't surprise me. Also the officer has three prior complaints logged against him and a pending lawsuit. This tells men he was a shit cop and probably shouldn't have been on that kind of active duty but because of things like "affirmative action" and "race card" paranoia, it is very hard to single out officers of color for disciplinary action.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"So he would have gone through all that training and no one would have hired him if it wasn't for PCism?

Well let's just put it this way....In towns run by democrats like most major cities in the US, more qualified candidates sometimes get passed by in favor of skin color and sex. In liberal run cities, towns and states, "affirmative action" is a fucking religion.

Now I'm not saying that's how the offending officer got his job but it wouldn't surprise me. Also the officer has three prior complaints logged against him and a pending lawsuit. This tells men he was a shit cop and probably shouldn't have been on that kind of active duty but because of things like "affirmative action" and "race card" paranoia, it is very hard to single out officers of color for disciplinary action.

This PC shit needs to stop as does playing into the race card.  

That aside, American cops seem to shoot a lot of people for less than stellar reasons.  Issue with training perhaps?  Poor procedures?  Fear?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I just read the details of Damond's death late last night. The cop who shot her leaned over his partner and shot her in the abdomen while she was in her pajamas talking to the other cop about her 911 call. This is unbelievable.  What was the cop  who shot her thinking?

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

That aside, American cops seem to shoot a lot of people for less than stellar reasons.  Issue with training perhaps?  Poor procedures?  Fear?

It's a combination of things......as my dad has always said about 50% of cops on the local level should not be cops. Their psych profiles are unsuitable and they are in law enforcement for the wrong reasons. He saw it first hand and had to deal with it. He also saw the gradual lowering of standards because of things like affirmative action and quota systems forced onto departments by political leaders and their lap dogs within the department. I remember him saying that it was going to lead to disaster in that you were going to end up with unreliable and unsafe performance within the rank and file. Given that the racial tensions in our country have grown over the past eight years, (arguably fostered by our last presidential admin) I think a lot of the poor judgement in hiring and training is coming home to roost.

The climate of fear that cops operate in today doesn't help either nor does the fact that law enforcement has changed drastically since 911. Police are now asked to take on responsibilities that were unheard of 30 years ago and most are under-trained and ill-equipped psychologically for. This has lead to a militarization like attitude of even our local police forces. It's not a good situation.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

What  does your dad have to say about this shooting in Minneapolis?

Aryan

Quote from: "seoulbro"I just read the details of Damond's death late last night. The cop who shot her leaned over his partner and shot her in the abdomen while she was in her pajamas talking to the other cop about her 911 call. This is unbelievable.  What was the cop  who shot her thinking?

Probably his version of Jihad......

Seriously, does no one else get IMMENSELY fucking pissed off that the bleeding heart lefturds are silent when this sort of thing happens?  Yet had the roles been reversed, and a white person murdered a Somalian piece of shit, there would be a leftist global witch hunt to hang, draw and quarter the nasty evil racist, and the mainstream media would be pushing their favourite narrative of 'racist white cop kills innocent non white civilian' for weeks on end?  :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I just read the details of Damond's death late last night. The cop who shot her leaned over his partner and shot her in the abdomen while she was in her pajamas talking to the other cop about her 911 call. This is unbelievable.  What was the cop  who shot her thinking?

Seriously, does no one else get IMMENSELY fucking pissed off that the bleeding heart lefturds are silent when this sort of thing happens?  Yet had the roles been reversed, and a white person murdered a Somalian piece of shit, there would be a leftist global witch hunt to hang, draw and quarter the nasty evil racist, and the mainstream media would be pushing their favourite narrative of 'racist white cop kills innocent non white civilian' for weeks on end?  :001_rolleyes:

Did he shout Alluh Akhbar? Why didn't he shoot his partner too?

Aryan

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Did he shout Alluh Akhbar? Why didn't he shoot his partner too?

You tell me. The fact is, had the guy not been given a passport and a job in the police force, this lady would still be alive.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"What  does your dad have to say about this shooting in Minneapolis?

I haven't talked to him about it.

But knowing him, he is just as perplexed, shocked and angry as most of us are, especially since it's reported that the offending officer is not cooperating with internal investigators. I'm sure that has him concerned.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"What  does your dad have to say about this shooting in Minneapolis?

I haven't talked to him about it.

But knowing him, he is just as perplexed, shocked and angry as most of us are, especially since it's reported that the offending officer is not cooperating with internal investigators. I'm sure that has him concerned.

There was a cop in Toronto who shot a kid eight times Metro police cornered on an empty street car. He was holding a knife, but no threat to any cop. The cop who shot him was charged with second degree murder. The Minneapolis case is far worse as far as I'm concerned. The cop who killed her should also be charged with second degree murder.

RW

You call me a leftie and I haven't been silent about it at all.  This cop needs to be charged with murder because he murdered that women.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

It's a combination of things......as my dad has always said about 50% of cops on the local level should not be cops. Their psych profiles are unsuitable and they are in law enforcement for the wrong reasons. He saw it first hand and had to deal with it. He also saw the gradual lowering of standards because of things like affirmative action and quota systems forced onto departments by political leaders and their lap dogs within the department. I remember him saying that it was going to lead to disaster in that you were going to end up with unreliable and unsafe performance within the rank and file. Given that the racial tensions in our country have grown over the past eight years, (arguably fostered by our last presidential admin) I think a lot of the poor judgement in hiring and training is coming home to roost.

The climate of fear that cops operate in today doesn't help either nor does the fact that law enforcement has changed drastically since 911. Police are now asked to take on responsibilities that were unheard of 30 years ago and most are under-trained and ill-equipped psychologically for. This has lead to a militarization like attitude of even our local police forces. It's not a good situation.

Someone needs to take that bull by the horns and sort the police force in your country out.  There seems to be a lot of mismanagement and need for serious training.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Someone needs to take that bull by the horns and sort the police force in your country out.  There seems to be a lot of mismanagement and need for serious training.

The problem is that most of this shitty mess is on the local level. You generally don't see this kind of fucked up crap on the state level. Troopers are held to much higher standards than most local forces. Their training is more extensive, and qualification standards higher.

the In fact in some states like NY. and NJ. new recruits are expected to have a BS in law, criminal justice or psychology. Or an Associates degree coupled with a min of 2 years military duty with an honorable discharge.  You have to pass several psychological evaluations as well as meet the physical requirements. Candidates must endure and pass a very extensive and invasive background check (you have to be completely clean including juvenile records). You then have to be interviewed by a review board, all before you can even set foot in the academy.

For local cops the the qualifications aren't as strict. In fact many are wash outs that can't make it in the state academy program.

There is also hundreds of thousands local departments across the country. Each is it's own little kingdom run by political hacks. Standardizing training and employment qualifications is a huge challenge because in many case departments are not alike in their function and the environment they operate in. Officer X in some podunk town is not going to face the same situations as officer Y in NYC or Chicago.

Also in a lot of instances a policeman's reaction to a crisis situation is based on more than just training. You need common sense, perception, the ability to keep a cool head, diplomacy, compassion, and the ability to read subtle things like body language. How do you teach that...how do you prepare a 20 something rookie cop for that?......You can't, at least not to the point where you can be guaranteed a consistent outcome. Those abilities and traits are things you as an individual are born with. You either have those abilities or you don't.