The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Go home haters

Started by RW, August 26, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I remember we had a rally at city hall in Calgary by the Worldwide Coalition Against Islam or something like that..

Their keynote speaker was a woman who was raised as a Muslim, but is very critical of Islam..

Of course, counter protesters showed up and they wanted to instigate violence, but Calgary Police got between them..

I would like to a special charge created for people who initiate violence..

If anyone  can't get their point across without violence than jail is the best place for them.

Nobody should be allowed to cover their faces at a public demo. That goes for Black Blockers and Klansman equally. Public safety must come first.

My brother is a policeman..

He supports banning disguises at public demonstrations.

I bet!  But it will likely require a SCC decision.

Probably.

Anonymous

A ban on disguises would go a long way to ending violence at demonstrations. I am not just talking about alt right/alt left extremists either. I remember seeing violence at anti-pipeline protests by masked protesters.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"A ban on disguises would go a long way to ending violence at demonstrations. I am not just talking about alt right/alt left extremists either. I remember seeing violence at anti-pipeline protests by masked protesters.

Let me see what's existing in terms of precedent.

One moment please....
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Okay, so unbeknownst to most of us, we already have these laws in Canada:

The Canadian Parliament introduced Bill C-309, which bans the wearing of masks during a riot or other unlawful assembly. The bill became law on June 19, 2013. Those convicted of it face up to 10 years in prison.

The Canadian Criminal Code Section 351(2) covers "Disguise with Intent", whereby "Every one who, with intent to commit an indictable offence, has his face masked or coloured or is otherwise disguised is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years". With some exceptions, an indictable offence in Canada is one that is subject to a fine of greater than $5,000 or imprisonment of more than six months.

So they've put it in place, but as I suspected, "The Canadian Civil Liberties Association has said that the bill contradicts the Constitution of Canada, and expects that it would not survive a constitutional challenge."
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Why do counter protesters feel they have to get in people's faces?

That's all they have left to make their mark in society with...

They are usually unemployed, sitting around on welfare, since nobody (other than the Government) wants to employ them.

They are simply useless members of society, and this is their only way to "prove something" out of themselves.

Angry White Male

And remember, venting your anger towards White males is acceptable in today's society.

They wouldn't DARE vent their anger towards anyone else...  White males are open targets, though, so we are a completely acceptable target.

Funny world we live in now...

RW

Yeah things are starting to equalize.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And stupid AntiFa idiots attacked people at Berkeley.  Police seem to be standing aside.

Extremism FTL!  :t1929:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21105881_1112319442204070_1952542400662677169_n.jpg?oh=757966ca6be2f58f9eecbb92b06b82ad&oe=5A2EE670">
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

Gen Mattis alluded to these problems when he recently addressed troops in the ME.

Quote"Your buying time, your a great example for our country right now, it's got some problems, you know it and I know it. It's got problems we don't have in the military. And you just hold the line my fine young soldiers, sailors, airman, and marines. You just hold the line until our country gets back to understanding and respecting each other, showing it, being friendly to one another, that Americans owe to one another, we're so dog gone lucky to be Americans."

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/13847/secdef-mattis-candidly-talks-domestic-social-strife-with-troops-in-impromptu-speech">//http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/13847/secdef-mattis-candidly-talks-domestic-social-strife-with-troops-in-impromptu-speech

RW

Translation: Wait a few more years.
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

Why don't you pretend like it doesn't exist .. maybe spend time on issues that really need addressing , starvation,clean drinking water , catastrophes .. after all media spins these issues by covering the same topics to steer the masses.. You'd be foolish to think this is the #1 issue the US is facing

Harry

Quote from: "realgrimm"Why don't you pretend like it doesn't exist .. maybe spend time on issues that really need addressing , starvation,clean drinking water , catastrophes .. after all media spins these issues by covering the same topics to steer the masses.. You'd be foolish to think this is the #1 issue the US is facing

">

Angry White Male

Quote from: "RW"Yeah things are starting to equalize.

You're joking, right?

"Equalize?"

Do you know the meaning of that word?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Well, then you have clearly no idea what the meaning of that word means...