News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Are you lucky? Good luck/Bad luck in life?

Started by Superchecker, October 23, 2017, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We have a Lotto Max pool at CP. Any small pots go towards more tickets.

Zetsu

Guess I'm rather unlucky but back up by the greatest family in the world.  If it wasn't for them I'd likely be long dead or working some crappy job due to my mental disorder, a kind of disorder that will psychopathically hurt people that I only like, love or/and respect.  But at the same time I feel kind of lucky to experience this kind of disorder, else I wouldn't realize how great of a country Canada is and how awesome Canadians are.

Aside from that and other luck like contest and lottery I'm not much fond of it, maybe if there's something that money can't buy and there's no way of getting it except by only by entering the contest, then I might be interested.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Next to good health, a good family is the best luck/fortune a person can be born with.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"Next to good health, a good family is the best luck/fortune a person can be born with.

I totally agree with you Fash, good health to prepare for the day people get old along with great friends and family is something everyone should strive to protect and preserve.  Without it for long periods of time life can make you feel rather depress or feel hallow inside.

Anonymous

Zetsu, you don't gamble, but how about your family?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"Zetsu, you don't gamble, but how about your family?

They do some investment, though my uncle once lost over 30 million USD during the 97 Asia financial crisis when Hongkong's property hit rock bottom, my dad lost a few million too in property but no where as devastating as my uncle.  Ironically that didn't stop my uncle from buying more homes and eventually he gain back all the money he lost from property investment after 10 years.  For my uncle from my mom's side he is really a gambler, though my mom doesn't want to tell me too much about him since she gets too frustrated about his debt and everyone in the family has to help pay it off.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

They do some investment, though my uncle once lost over 30 million USD during the 97 Asia financial crisis when Hongkong's property hit rock bottom, my dad lost a few million too in property but no where as devastating as my uncle.  Ironically that didn't stop my uncle from buying more homes and eventually he gain back all the money he lost from property investment after 10 years.  For my uncle from my mom's side he is really a gambler, though my mom doesn't want to tell me too much about him since she gets too frustrated about his debt and everyone in the family has to help pay it off.

You come from a rich family.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

We're ok, but still not as wealthy as what most people think...  though I dare say my dad and my uncle are one of the few successful ones through out their career compared to all the other medium size business owners in the garment industry.  But even becoming relatively wealthy, whether it's intentional or accidental, comes at a huge price.

Anonymous

We're ok, but still not as wealthy as what most people think...  though I dare say my dad and my uncle are one of the few successful ones through out their career compared to all the other medium size business owners in the garment industry.  But even becoming relatively wealthy, whether it's intentional or accidental, comes at a huge price.

Your uncle lost $30 million. That's a huge price.

Zetsu

No doubt, but even at first starting the business when they have absolutely no money, each person doing the work load of a dozen people and have to work 50 hours straight, working about 100 hours per week is one hectic job.  Building a factory from scratch in a completely rural environment where there's no power, telephone towers, pluming, no government assistance in infrastructure, everything must be built or paid out of your own wallet.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

No doubt, but even at first starting the business when they have absolutely no money, each person doing the work load of a dozen people and have to work 50 hours straight, working about 100 hours per week is one hectic job.  Building a factory from scratch in a completely rural environment where there's no power, telephone towers, pluming, no government assistance in infrastructure, everyone must by build or paid out of your own wallet.  ac_unsure

I love the Chinese work ethic. Scam Syrian Muslims male refugees come here and are an immediate, long term burden. Chinese come here and they are an immediate asset to this country.

Anonymous

I still like Hong Kong. Low taxes and a regulatory system that doesn't kill jobs. Canada could learn from HK about both.  But, they have sold out  the working class as Zetsu said. Singapore is still very free enterprise, but understands that working class people need housing, not just multimillionaires.

Zetsu

I deeply appreciate your opinion Herman, but I gotta admit even Hong Kong, the most conservative and capitalist state has their own down fall, as you've notice on how even the government exploits and joins in with the property buyers to milk more money in anyway they can when they should be helping out the middle class with the loads of money their sitting their rear ends on.  My 2nd brother used to be a social worker and he always says something like "A wealthy government is meaningless, there's no point of them having excess money if they don't invest in something useful nor are they allow to spend it for themselves(since it's not their money), their purpose is to help the locals rather than hog all the money and let it depreciate."  

But yea, HK's low tax system did help create and substitute a lot of lost jobs that has been moved to the cheaper areas in the mainland of China 20 years ago.  Only if the West combine the strength of their culture, and fuse with some Chinese or Indian work culture, think we'd get something like Germany or Japan.  And stop letting in so many Syrian refugees would be nice too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"I deeply appreciate your opinion Herman, but I gotta admit even Hong Kong, the most conservative and capitalist state has their own down fall, as you've notice on how even the government exploits and joins in with the property buyers to milk more money in anyway they can when they should be helping out the middle class with the loads of money their sitting their rear ends on.  My 2nd brother used to be a social worker and he always says something like "A wealthy government is meaningless, there's no point of them having excess money if they don't invest in something useful nor are they allow to spend it for themselves(since it's not their money), their purpose is to help the locals rather than hog all the money and let it depreciate."  

But yea, HK's low tax system did help create and substitute a lot of lost jobs that has been moved to the cheaper areas in the mainland of China 20 years ago.  Only if the West combine the strength of their culture, and fuse with some Chinese or Indian work culture, think we'd get something like Germany or Japan.  And stop letting in so many Syrian refugees would be nice too.

I'm a bit cynical towards politics Zetsu..

I come from a political family too..

My father was active in the democratization and localization movement in Taiwan..

But, he's become disinterested in politics there and here..

The problem with democracy is that it's all about the next election.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
My father was active in the democratization and localization movement in Taiwan..

But, he's become disinterested in politics there and here..

The problem with democracy is that it's all about the next election.

I don't blame your late dad for that.