News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Are you lucky? Good luck/Bad luck in life?

Started by Superchecker, October 23, 2017, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

http://www.contestcanada.net">www.contestcanada.net
<t></t>

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"http://www.contestcanada.net">http://www.contestcanada.net

There are lots of good contests and prizes to win in that link Superchecker..

Have entered many of them?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"http://www.contestcanada.net">http://www.contestcanada.net

Some really good contests in there SC. Thanks buddy.

Anonymous

That's good to know Superchecker. The old lady will be interested in this too.The old lady is Chinese. They  like their gambling.

@realAzhyaAryola

I'd say I've been touched by both good luck and bad luck enough to teach me to never be complacent, never let your guard down, be prepared but to also be grateful and bask in the great moments.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Superchecker"I'd like to know, Are you lucky?

Do good things happen in your life?

Do bad things happen in your life?

Do you enter contests?

Do you buy lottery tickets?

Hey, Super! I just don't buy into the story that someone is "always" lucky. Maybe there are some who think they are and just don't think about the bad lucks.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Superchecker"I can't even imagine losing a child.  Hugs!

Thank you Superchecker..

She'd be fourteen if she was alive today.

So very sorry, Fash. My deepest regrets...
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Zetsu, you don't gamble, but how about your family?

They do some investment, though my uncle once lost over 30 million USD during the 97 Asia financial crisis when Hongkong's property hit rock bottom, my dad lost a few million too in property but no where as devastating as my uncle.  Ironically that didn't stop my uncle from buying more homes and eventually he gain back all the money he lost from property investment after 10 years.  For my uncle from my mom's side he is really a gambler, though my mom doesn't want to tell me too much about him since she gets too frustrated about his debt and everyone in the family has to help pay it off.

You come from a rich family.

We're ok, but still not as wealthy as what most people think...  though I dare say my dad and my uncle are one of the few successful ones through out their career compared to all the other medium size business owners in the garment industry.  But even becoming relatively wealthy, whether it's intentional or accidental, comes at a huge price.

Your uncle lost $30 million. That's a huge price.

No doubt, but even at first starting the business when they have absolutely no money, each person doing the work load of a dozen people and have to work 50 hours straight, working about 100 hours per week is one hectic job.  Building a factory from scratch in a completely rural environment where there's no power, telephone towers, pluming, no government assistance in infrastructure, everyone must by build or paid out of your own wallet.  ac_unsure

I love the Chinese work ethic. Scam Syrian Muslims male refugees come here and are an immediate, long term burden. Chinese come here and they are an immediate asset to this country.

And Filipinos too and many other folks from other parts of the world who want to help out their families back home. That is the true reason for why many immigrate to the west, for better opportunities not only to improve their lives but also to improve the lives of their loved ones back home.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Zetsu, you don't gamble, but how about your family?

They do some investment, though my uncle once lost over 30 million USD during the 97 Asia financial crisis when Hongkong's property hit rock bottom, my dad lost a few million too in property but no where as devastating as my uncle.  Ironically that didn't stop my uncle from buying more homes and eventually he gain back all the money he lost from property investment after 10 years.  For my uncle from my mom's side he is really a gambler, though my mom doesn't want to tell me too much about him since she gets too frustrated about his debt and everyone in the family has to help pay it off.

You come from a rich family.

We're ok, but still not as wealthy as what most people think...  though I dare say my dad and my uncle are one of the few successful ones through out their career compared to all the other medium size business owners in the garment industry.  But even becoming relatively wealthy, whether it's intentional or accidental, comes at a huge price.

Your uncle lost $30 million. That's a huge price.

No doubt, but even at first starting the business when they have absolutely no money, each person doing the work load of a dozen people and have to work 50 hours straight, working about 100 hours per week is one hectic job.  Building a factory from scratch in a completely rural environment where there's no power, telephone towers, pluming, no government assistance in infrastructure, everyone must by build or paid out of your own wallet.  ac_unsure

I love the Chinese work ethic. Scam Syrian Muslims male refugees come here and are an immediate, long term burden. Chinese come here and they are an immediate asset to this country.

And Filipinos too and many other folks from other parts of the world who want to help out their families back home. That is the true reason for why many immigrate to the west, for better opportunities not only to improve their lives but also to improve the lives of their loved ones back home.

Filipinos are good workers and good to work with. We have a fair number working for CP in Manitoba. Not a lazy whiner among them. :thumbup:

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

And not only immediate family, by the way. Friends of mine are sending their nieces and nephews to college too. Things like that.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's all about the family.

It sure is Azhya. :thumbup:

cc

Yes, Filipinos in the West are among the most productive of people.

Fash lost a child and knows the heartbreak.

As to lucky or unlucky, mate and I consider ourselves extremely unlucky (not the right word, don't know the right word) in the only area that matters ... unlucky not for ourselves, but for immediate family.

Between us we have each lost 2 of our 3  kids at ages starting at 16 ...  and 1 of 2 brothers   at ages starting at 30. Further, mate alone got off to a horrible start  losing a grandfather when at age 2  and father when at age 4 ... then a brother aged 30 , a year later his daughter aged 16, and a few years later a son aged 30

For some, desires, values  and expectations are shaped (and life put into true perspective) by circumstances / things that have happened to those close to them

If we were to think life is about fun,  that would make it many times harder to deal with the lives  so many close to us were cheated out of.

We continue on, but our values / things that matter / things we desire / expectations of others are shaped by so many others close to us not even having a life to live. Sandy shores, glitzy cities, shows etc., knowing so many  "important" people we have known, but those "lucky things"

have no meaning to  us.

We pretty much keep to ourselves and cannot handle crowds, especially noisy crowds or situations. Having pretty much done it all when young, the thought now  of crowding into a plane like sheep, being in a busy city we are not familiar with are nightmares to us now.

A quiet park daily, music at home occasionally, cruising nice areas in a machine that is us, having each other near we have. That is sufficient and makes us feel lucky that we have those things.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola