News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Are you lucky? Good luck/Bad luck in life?

Started by Superchecker, October 23, 2017, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

cc

Thanks folks. That's what shaped our lives, values and priorities. I've never before told it "all" at one time. In a reflective mood this morning I guess

On the bright side, we both have lived in so many wonderful places and associated with  so many wonderful people.

Hell, when a possible starlet, dated many exciting Hollywood folk .. was fortunate to land within the cream of an overall failed crop.

Here's a goody you will like. Dated Rock Hudson, physically the perfect male and a great real person. Got taken to many dinners and parties .... it became a close friendship at that time .. and certainly not going further. If I was looking to pick off a star, that wouldn't have been  the one to hitch a ride on if ya get my drift  ac_biggrin ...... dated the Man from Uncle,   ..... got to know Danny Thomas, one of the most wonderful and very real persons I have known, loaded with major solid values .....  for a few examples ... Again, I was lucky to have landed in the sub-group within the overall group that was special people.

Mate got to know, party with  and play golf with Sammy Davis every time he was in town for a week each 6 months .. tells many thigh slapper hilarious stories of Sammy in action ... and through family got to know a great many of the top Nashville artists (Robbins, Williams, he dated Nashville's tiniest person but biggest ball of fire, Brenda Lee etc. (he also landed in the good sub-group  within the overall group) .... .. and through the other side of his family, we knew and associated with top leaders in Ottawa (Cabinet Ministers)  and Toronto .. a past Ontario Premier in the family, and  his really neat cousin was the Health Minister recently until the current Premier got rid of all the good people. (Some good people, some mere political hacks)

So, there's lots of good and exciting we have had and done. We have lived life to the full and had opportunities most never get at a point in our lives when we could enjoy them. Good memories of good times with good people are helpful to us today

Now, after being brought down to  reality, our very different lifestyle is "by design" and very good and satisfying for us ... in effect, "saving us" and more importantly keeping us going so that we can be some good to remaining family

You folk here are inspiration and enjoyment for an example of good things we have and treasure in our lives today.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

You dated Rock Hudson or your brother did. Or possibly Joe did. :laugh3:

cc

lol ...... knew you would love that one

me, I did  .. he was a neat person ... the only one I ever dated who disappointed me by not  going after my body  :laugh:

Anonymous

But, seriously cc, you've lived an extraordinary life. And the amazing journey continues for you. Something a kid from the Peg can't fathom.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol ...... knew you would love that one

me, I did  .. he was a neat person ... the only one I ever dated who disappointed me by not  going after my body  :laugh:

:roll:

cc

lol

Yes, it's been a ride. The first half great, then fate took a turn  ... and just  kept on turning

Now with VERY different expectations, and never forgetting the past, we are doing OK again

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol

Yes, it's been a ride. The first half great, then fate took a turn  ... and just  kept on turning

Now with VERY different expectations, we are doing OK again

I'm very glad to hear that.

And by the way, it takes some courage to put yourself out like that.

cc

Thanks. Well I have said much of it in pieces here and there but never put that much together at one time

I feel at home here, like the people here and they should know what I'm about in order to know me.

At this point, there are some here that I want to know what / who I am ..... and as my mate is so close to me and is my prime source of material,  what / who he is.

A huge part of what and who one "is"  .. is all the things that they have lived .... for those who understand what that means

{I know there are a couple, Joe and Rohammed especially who collect and use ANYTHING they can against people, one as attention whore, the other to try to hurt credibility when he has no counter-argument, but we all know they are two bit phoneys / disingenuous lame opportunists, users and flakes .. so no big deal.}

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Thanks. Well I have said much of it in pieces here and there but never put that much together at one time

I feel at home here, like the people here and they should know what I'm about in order to know me.

At this point, there are some here that I want to know what / who I am ..... and as my mate is so close to me and is my prime source of material,  what / who he is.

A huge part of what and who one "is"  .. is all the things that they have lived .... for those who understand what that means

{I know there are a couple, Joe and Rohammed especially who collect and use ANYTHING they can against people, one as attention whore, the other to try to hurt credibility when he has no counter-argument, but we all know they are two bit phoneys / disingenuous lame opportunists, users and flakes .. so no big deal.}

Roe and especially Joe are the lowest forms of life I have seen on forumz.

cc

Yes. Both will save any info they can get  and use it when they think it works for them

With Ro it's over and over, never ending ... even after several years he has kept it catalogued and reuses it ... and then tries to twist / spin neutral and even good things into a negative to assist his agenda ... has happened a great many times .... pathetic but also vile  ... at least Joe doesn't catalogue everything useful to him for years   .. and has a short memory, lol

and yes, it does not get lower than that

Anonymous

I used to like Romero very much..

He used to mod ACC and would post many gems..

Following our switch to TBC, he would only show up in Politics or Extremism to post a link that supported his agenda..

I don't like drive by posting.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Superchecker"I'd like to know, Are you lucky?

Do good things happen in your life?

Do bad things happen in your life?

Do you enter contests?

Do you buy lottery tickets?

Hey, Super! I just don't buy into the story that someone is "always" lucky. Maybe there are some who think they are and just don't think about the bad lucks.

I've enjoyed much more good luck in life, than bad. Great career, great marriage, won dozens of contests and raffles over the years. Won 2 cars in 2 years. Successful cornea transplant.
<t></t>

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Superchecker"http://www.contestcanada.net">http://www.contestcanada.net

There are lots of good contests and prizes to win in that link Superchecker..

Have entered many of them?

I'm actually taking a break from contests right now, actively entered daily since 2006.
<t></t>