News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10379
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Know anyone who might want to be a city bus driver?

Started by Superchecker, October 31, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Superchecker"
Had a guy crap all over the rear seats.

Been spat on for refusing to give a free ride.

Do you mean some guy dropped his pants and took a dump on bus seat?

Did the spitter run after he did that?
One evening I was driving a busy city route when all of a sudden EVERYONE got off??? Went back to discover shit all over the rear bench.

Yes, the spitter ran into the mall. Waited for a supervisor and transit police. Got cleaned up. Missed a trip.
<t></t>

Anonymous

One evening I was driving a busy city route when all of a sudden EVERYONE got off??? Went back to discover shit all over the rear bench.

Yes, the spitter ran into the mall. Waited for a supervisor and transit police. Got cleaned up. Missed a trip.

You didn't see him in your rearview mirror?

Nobody reported the pooper?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Nope, and nope. Drove Not In Service to a bus change.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Nope, and nope. Drove Not In Service to a bus change.

Did you call your supervisor and explain what happened?

Did you have to clean it up?

Anonymous

I hate taking public transit.  Although I've never seen anyone take a dump on the LRT or buses, I hate being in a confined place with weirdos.

Transit in Asia is not as stressful as in Canada.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"Did you call your supervisor and explain what happened?

We use the bus radio to call T-Comm, and get permission to drive Not In Service to a prearranged point to trade off buses with a mechanic.

We have cleaning staff that get paid the big bucks, and have the proper gear, to clean up stuff like that.
<t></t>

Superchecker

FYI: new posting up today looking for 5 temp/casual depot office staff, $29.51hr to over $35 an hour. Plus, temps earn 20% more in lieu of benefits.
<t></t>

Anonymous

I hope you beat his head in?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Did you call your supervisor and explain what happened?

We use the bus radio to call T-Comm, and get permission to drive Not In Service to a prearranged point to trade off buses with a mechanic.

We have cleaning staff that get paid the big bucks, and have the proper gear, to clean up stuff like that.

They earn their money and so do you Superchecker.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"FYI: new posting up today looking for 5 temp/casual depot office staff, $29.51hr to over $35 an hour. Plus, temps earn 20% more in lieu of benefits.

That's more than what I make.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Superchecker"FYI: new posting up today looking for 5 temp/casual depot office staff, $29.51hr to over $35 an hour. Plus, temps earn 20% more in lieu of benefits.

Yeah, I can't believe they make more than bus drivers!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Yeah, I can't believe they make more than bus drivers!

But, you can add to your pay by working nights, weekends and statutory holidays.

As an office staff employee, I don't have that option.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, you can add to your pay by working nights, weekends and statutory holidays.

True

But depot clerks make more per hour, have a larger shift differential/premium, AND get 17 more days off per year than drivers get. Different union. I started out in that union. I do miss those Y days.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, you can add to your pay by working nights, weekends and statutory holidays.

True

But depot clerks make more per hour, have a larger shift differential/premium, AND get 17 more days off per year than drivers get. Different union. I started out in that union. I do miss those Y days.

ac_wot

Anonymous

True

What exactly do they do?