News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Know anyone who might want to be a city bus driver?

Started by Superchecker, October 31, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"But, you can add to your pay by working nights, weekends and statutory holidays.

As an office staff employee, I don't have that option.

True

But depot clerks make more per hour, have a larger shift differential/premium, AND get 17 more days off per year than drivers get. Different union. I started out in that union. I do miss those Y days.

What exactly do they do?

There is more to it, but essentially they make sure the driving shifts are covered, and that the right driver gets paid. They also enter drivers shift choices into the computer at sign up.
<t></t>

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"But, you can add to your pay by working nights, weekends and statutory holidays.

True

But depot clerks make more per hour, have a larger shift differential/premium, AND get 17 more days off per year than drivers get. Different union. I started out in that union. I do miss those Y days.

ac_wot

Full time staff who are members of the office union earn a day off with pay for every 3 weeks of full time employment. Which works out to 17 more days off each year.
<t></t>

Anonymous

True

ac_wot

Full time staff who are members of the office union earn a day off with pay for every 3 weeks of full time employment. Which works out to 17 more days off each year.

If we move to Vancouver, can I use you as a reference when I apply for one of those jobs Superchecker?

:laugh:

Superchecker

True

ac_wot

If we move to Vancouver, can I use you as a reference when I apply for one of those jobs Superchecker?

:laugh:
Sure!
<t></t>

Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't know anyone but I suppose that can be an option for someone who is unemployed and can't seem to find a job, as long as they have a decent driving record.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't know anyone but I suppose that can be an option for someone who is unemployed and can't seem to find a job, as long as they have a decent driving record.

Even if they are employed , it's a good job with good benefits and a pension.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't know anyone but I suppose that can be an option for someone who is unemployed and can't seem to find a job, as long as they have a decent driving record.

Even if they are employed , it's a good job with good benefits and a pension.

It's a stable job..

Thank you to Superchecker for telling us about it.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Superchecker

Over $60,000 a years plus benefits after 24 months/top rate is reached. Those who choose to work overtime can aim for $100,000 a year or more!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Over $60,000 a years plus benefits after 24 months/top rate is reached. Those who choose to work overtime can aim for $100,000 a year or more!

I never would've thought that Superchecker..

I wonder if that pay is achievable in other Canadian  metropolitan areas?

Superchecker

$31.62 an hour X 37.5 hours a week X 52 weeks a year= $61,659 a year plus benefits, base pay in Vancouver.
<t></t>

Anonymous

$31.62 an hour X 37.5 hours a week X 52 weeks a year= $61,659 a year plus benefits, base pay in Vancouver.

Drivers work  37.5 hours per week?

Overtime pay begins after that?

Superchecker

Yes, 7.5 hours per day, minimum. My weekday shift has about 20 minutes overtime, and my current Sunday shift is 8.5 hours at time and a half= nearly 13 hours pay.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Yes, 7.5 hours per day, minimum. My weekday shift has about 20 minutes overtime, and my current Sunday shift is 8.5 hours at time and a half= nearly 13 hours pay.

Overtime after 7.5 hours is not common.

Superchecker

Overtime after 7.5 hours is not common.

Union collective agreement, time and a half for the first 2 hours, then double time after that.
<t></t>