Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Aussie Burger

Started by Bricktop, December 03, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The boss doesn't like onion. I can live without the green leaves.

If you like heat, try a little Korean ko chu jang or chili pepper paste.  

instead of using hamburger buns, I like to eat them Korean style,  wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf. My girlfriend is white and she prefers them over buns.

Bricktop

I use the Mexican spice. I think the korean might be a tad too hot. I really want to try kimchi, though. There are so many styles, I don't know which one is which. And they ain't cheap here!!!

I have to use brioche buns, as demanded by my exacting clientele.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I use the Mexican spice. I think the korean might be a tad too hot. I really want to try kimchi, though. There are so many styles, I don't know which one is which. And they ain't cheap here!!!

I have to use brioche buns, as demanded by my exacting clientele.

I get my napa cabbage kimchi from my mom. It's expensive to buy it here too.

Bricktop

There's a Korean supermarket in the city that has a lot of varieties. I'm going to check it out.

Angry White Male

Australia cannot bake a fucking hamburger bun?

Bricktop

Not a BRIOCHE hamburger bun. Australia's buns are like America's. Full of sugar.

Brioche is a lighter form of baking, and common in France.

"Brioche (/ˈbriːoʊʃ/ or /ˈbriːɒʃ/; French: [bʁi.ɔʃ]) is a pastry of French origin that is similar to a highly enriched bread, and whose high egg and butter content (400 grams for each kilogram of flour) give it a rich and tender crumb. Chef Joel Robuchon describes it as "light and slightly puffy, more or less fine, according to the proportion of butter and eggs."[1] It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust, frequently accentuated by an egg wash applied after proofing."

A lot of burger joints here are using brioche in lieu of standard white bread.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"There's a Korean supermarket in the city that has a lot of varieties. I'm going to check it out.

I find most way kuk who try kimchi don't usually like it the first time. it grows on them over time.

Angry White Male

Ya, Canada will still use the standard White bread bun.

Pretty much everything on that list, if bought here, would come from either Canada or the States, with the option of French mustard.

The BBQ would be assembled in China/Mexico if it was low to mid-range, and the higher end BBQ's would come from the US or Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Not a BRIOCHE hamburger bun. Australia's buns are like America's. Full of sugar.

Brioche is a lighter form of baking, and common in France.

"Brioche (/ˈbriːoʊʃ/ or /ˈbriːɒʃ/; French: [bʁi.ɔʃ]) is a pastry of French origin that is similar to a highly enriched bread, and whose high egg and butter content (400 grams for each kilogram of flour) give it a rich and tender crumb. Chef Joel Robuchon describes it as "light and slightly puffy, more or less fine, according to the proportion of butter and eggs."[1] It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust, frequently accentuated by an egg wash applied after proofing."

A lot of burger joints here are using brioche in lieu of standard white bread.

We like brioche buns too.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ya, Canada will still use the standard White bread bun.

Pretty much everything on that list, if bought here, would come from either Canada or the States, with the option of French mustard.

The BBQ would be assembled in China/Mexico if it was low to mid-range, and the higher end BBQ's would come from the US or Canada.

I was amazed to see the mayo was from Germany, though. Local mayo is awful. American mayo is top of the tree.

Angry White Male

Most condiments here would come from the US.  Heinz closed their Canadian plant, but we have another Canadian option for ketchup, and for mustard too.

Most of the cheese is made here, but the "specialty" cheeses come from all over the world.

Anonymous

My children like ketchup, but my husband and I don't.

Angry White Male

But here's something interesting...  you may not know where the raw ingredients come from.

Last week I had a job at the back of a milk processing facility.  I could see all the milk trucks come and go.  Most trucks were Canadian, but some were American.  I don't know if they were loading or unloading their tankers, but they were there everyday.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"But here's something interesting...  you may not know where the raw ingredients come from.

Last week I had a job at the back of a milk processing facility.  I could see all the milk trucks come and go.  Most trucks were Canadian, but some were American.  I don't know if they were loading or unloading their tankers, but they were there everyday.

Does BC have a lot of dairy cattle?

Angry White Male

There seems to be enough, but then again there's a lot of people here in Van, so maybe they need outside help...