The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

BitCoin has now crested $12,000 USD.

Started by Angry White Male, December 06, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

No.  You are sad.

NOW EMBRACE MY WEALTH INCREASE, YOU BUM!

Angry White Male

Remember when I said, last week, to buy some kwan?

That kwan made me $5,000 so far, in one week.

I don't sell, because I don't need the kwan.  I don't need 5,000 kwan.

I buy kwan to hold, as investor, not as chump spender.

I play in dirt, doing job every single day, because I am investor.

Frood

If you were smart, you would have gotten a mining contract through a pooled farm instead. Now you're throwing away money at the price instead.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Nice day on the exchanges.

Everything is up, even XRP at 50c+ USD.

BTC is throttling between 16,500-17,000 USD.

I'd hate to be one of those new investors who went all in on BTC only, instead of spreading their exposure.

BTC has been officially been deemed an even bigger bubble than the Tulip Mania of the 17th century. It's passed that mark in relative comparison.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I'd hate to be one of those new investors who went all in on BTC only, instead of spreading their exposure.

Funny you should mention this, because earlier today I did just that...  I diversified my holdings from my original bit coin holding.  Why I didn't do this earlier escapes me, since I'm a huge pusher of diversity in holdings, which I ensure with my 'regular' share holdings.

I would have liked to have timed some trades better, but obviously it's a bad idea for me to be piloting a fully loaded truck and trailer through town, while trying to make trades on my phone, so I did what I could when I had the chance.

My more diversified portfolio now looks like this:

https://preview.ibb.co/kmxtC6/Capture.png">

Frood

Not too pleased with the level of DOGE, though the rest looks good.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I tried to do what I thought was a 'decent' coverage of the well known cryptos.  It's very easy for me to trade one for another, should I want to.  Would take me seconds.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I'd hate to be one of those new investors who went all in on BTC only, instead of spreading their exposure.

Funny you should mention this, because earlier today I did just that...  I diversified my holdings from my original bit coin holding.  Why I didn't do this earlier escapes me, since I'm a huge pusher of diversity in holdings, which I ensure with my 'regular' share holdings.

I would have liked to have timed some trades better, but obviously it's a bad idea for me to be piloting a fully loaded truck and trailer through town, while trying to make trades on my phone, so I did what I could when I had the chance.

My more diversified portfolio now looks like this:

https://preview.ibb.co/kmxtC6/Capture.png">

Maybe I will invest in cryptocurrencies now that I'm in Alberta supervising rigs for the winter and off the barrel wash until spring.  I don't know how to get started though.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"Maybe I will invest in cryptocurrencies now that I'm in Alberta supervising rigs for the winter and off the barrel wash until spring.  I don't know how to get started though.

Best thing to have, is an online account with your bank.  This is how I fund my own shit, and can fund other accounts.  It is safe,

Get that set up first, and then we'll talk...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"Maybe I will invest in cryptocurrencies now that I'm in Alberta supervising rigs for the winter and off the barrel wash until spring.  I don't know how to get started though.

Best thing to have, is an online account with your bank.  This is how I fund my own shit, and can fund other accounts.  It is safe,

Get that set up first, and then we'll talk...

I have that to buy stocks. But, what about this crypto? How do I buy it?

Frood

With all due respect, Mel, he should first familiarize himself with crypto wallets and learn how to backup them and his private keys.

Online accounts and exchanges can and do get hacked and messed with.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With all due respect, Mel, he should first familiarize himself with crypto wallets and learn how to backup them and his private keys.

Exactly. I don't know jack about any of this.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I have that to buy stocks. But, what about this crypto? How do I buy it?

You'll have to set up an account at an exchange.

I use CoinSquare (easy for Canadians).  You can use whomever you want.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With all due respect, Mel, he should first familiarize himself with crypto wallets and learn how to backup them and his private keys.

Exactly. I don't know jack about any of this.

Easier way to test the waters is to download a wallet for your phone and find a crypto ATM in your area to put a $20 into so you can play around with it and see how sending, receiving, and converting to other cryptos works.

Much safer than putting 2k in and mucking sonething up. There is no way to recover mucked up transactions.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Dinky is right!  Don't muck things up.

Listen to me, step by step, and you'll then be cooking!