Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

BitCoin has now crested $12,000 USD.

Started by Angry White Male, December 06, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With all due respect, Mel, he should first familiarize himself with crypto wallets and learn how to backup them and his private keys.

Online accounts and exchanges can and do get hacked and messed with.

Exactly. I don't know jack about any of this.

Easier way to test the waters is to download a wallet for your phone and find a crypto ATM in your area to put a $20 into so you can play around with it and see how sending, receiving, and converting to other cryptos works.

Much safer than putting 2k in and mucking sonething up. There is no way to recover mucked up transactions.

I live on a farm and I doubt there are any within a hundred km. And until the end of March, I am in the middle of no where supervising rigs. Is there any other way for  someone who is extremely isolated?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Dinky is right!  Don't muck things up.

Listen to me, step by step, and you'll then be cooking!

What do you suggest I do to get started?

Angry White Male

Register at CoinSquare.

You will need to do this, as this will be your exchange...

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With all due respect, Mel, he should first familiarize himself with crypto wallets and learn how to backup them and his private keys.

Online accounts and exchanges can and do get hacked and messed with.

Exactly. I don't know jack about any of this.

Easier way to test the waters is to download a wallet for your phone and find a crypto ATM in your area to put a $20 into so you can play around with it and see how sending, receiving, and converting to other cryptos works.

Much safer than putting 2k in and mucking sonething up. There is no way to recover mucked up transactions.

I live on a farm and I doubt there are any within a hundred km. And until the end of March, I am in the middle of no where supervising rigs. Is there any other way for  someone who is extremely isolated?

If you have internet and online banking, join Coinbase.com transfer a little money over, buy some crypto, and send it to your phone's downloaded wallet so you can play around with it and learn the ins and outs.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Register at CoinSquare.

I download it to my laptop? Can you buy and sell all currencies through it?

Frood

Be wary about keeping your crypto on an exchange. You won't have your private keys, the exchange will. Exchanges get hacked or do dodgies all the time.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Register at CoinSquare.

I download it to my laptop? Can you buy and sell all currencies through it?

Good luck Herman.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I download it to my laptop? Can you buy and sell all currencies through it?

No.  An exchange is just a website you'll log into.  Nothing to download.

And there is where you will buy and sell.  The easiest way for me to fund account was through Interac Online, which is instant in most cases, but there are other ways to fund also.  Identity checks were automatic for me using Interac Online, but other methods of funding will require you sending them copy of drivers licence, passport, etc.  This is required by law, and all exchanges that I know of have some form of identity check to verify who they're dealing with.

Upon my second Interac transaction, my chequing account was locked, but a quick call to the bank fixed that.  Security is everywhere.

Coinsquare claims to have never had a data breach, and it is Canadian, so perhaps easier to fund than a non-Canadian exchange.

Angry White Male

At least with my account, I was limited to $300 funding transactions at a time (meaning you can do multiple $300 transactions in a row), $2,000 daily limit, and $10,000 weekly limit, but as mentioned, there are other ways to fund, should you prefer.  Transfer fees vary depending on method of transfer, and these can be found on site.

Once funds are transferred (which is instantly with Interac Online), you can trade right away.

Angry White Male

Just don't get tempted to do what I did today...  With account, you can instantly trade crypto for other crypto, so I thought I could time the markets by moving some shit around.

I could not, and probably lost close to a couple grand, but at this point I'm still a couple grand ahead, so it is what it is.  Plus with my work, I don't always have time to fuck around with trading on my phone.

Basically I finalized my holdings with the "Big Three:"  BitCoin, LiteCoin, and Ethereum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"I download it to my laptop? Can you buy and sell all currencies through it?

No.  An exchange is just a website you'll log into.  Nothing to download.

And there is where you will buy and sell.  The easiest way for me to fund account was through Interac Online, which is instant in most cases, but there are other ways to fund also.  Identity checks were automatic for me using Interac Online, but other methods of funding will require you sending them copy of drivers licence, passport, etc.  This is required by law, and all exchanges that I know of have some form of identity check to verify who they're dealing with.

Upon my second Interac transaction, my chequing account was locked, but a quick call to the bank fixed that.  Security is everywhere.

Coinsquare claims to have never had a data breach, and it is Canadian, so perhaps easier to fund than a non-Canadian exchange.

The Pason system we use here in the bush is slow. I might have to wait until I am home on December 23 for four days to give it a try. I will have to sign up for Interac Online. I pay for everything online with credit cards.

Angry White Male

Ya, Interac online is probably the quickest, easiest way.

And bitcoin has just crested 19,000 USD.

Angry White Male

I've made $5,000 since I started this thread.  Would have been closer to $7,000, had I not tried to be 'Joe Day Trader' and shuffled around some holdings trying to time the markets...

Angry White Male

Do NOT go ANYWHERE near Ethereum's own wallet.

Full of fucking fail.

Angry White Male

Full of fucking shit, it what their own wallet is.

I have NEVER seen anything so buggy, from an outfit that claims to be a competitor with BitCoin.

No...  They are a fucking joke, and DO NOT touch their wallet.