Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I expect better of Canadians

Started by Bricktop, December 21, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"These aren't endangered animals, so I don't see the problem with him hunting, as he is eating it.  No different than deer, really.

He's breaking no laws that I can tell...

He's eating a COUGAR???

:001_rolleyes:

What with? Pickled tennis balls.

That scumbag shot an animal because it entertained him. Killing for fun. That is not the trait of a rational, fair and sane human being.

I'd be happy to put a few rounds in his arms and legs, so he knows how it feels.

Angry White Male

He's eating it.  People eat all sorts of weird shit.  What's the difference between that, and a deer?  Nothing, really.

Trust me...  Cougars aren't endangered here.  If they were, he would not be permitted to hunt it.

Bricktop

The fact that an animal is or is not endangered is not a valid reason to kill it. Humans are not good at killing in small numbers. If someone gets a kick out of killing, they are fucked in the head.

And if was around, they'd be smacked in the head.

Angry White Male

I'm not a hunter, as hunting doesn't interest me.

However, hunting is legal in many parts of the world.  Perhaps if people have an issue with that, they should write their Members of Parliament.  This guy is just doing what he is entitled to do, under Canadian law.

Bricktop

I give no fuck what the law says. Killing an animal for entertainment is sick. And the only cure is to hit back.

BTW, hunting is ILLEGAL in many countries. People require permits, and are limited to non-threatened species which are usually prolific enough to be categorised as a nuisance to primary production.  Most forms of hunting are banned here, the UK, the EU, New Zealand, and even in parts of Russia.

Angry White Male

He's not there, Brick.  He lives here, where this practice is still permitted.

Maybe eco-terrorists don't like my V8 Mustang?  That's not MY problem.  I can own one here...

Bricktop

We have Mustangs here too. They don't kill anything for shits and giggles.

Frood

Hunting what you eat can be a spiritual moment.

If he was hunting to simply kill and abandon it or stuff it, I'd have some disdain for him but as it stands, I feel neither disdain or admiration for him. He killed something and he's eating it. Case closed.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"If he was hunting to simply kill and abandon it or stuff it, I'd have some disdain for him but as it stands, I feel neither disdain or admiration for him. He killed something and he's eating it. Case closed.

That's exactly my view on the matter, and I'm not a hunter...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Hunting what you eat can be a spiritual moment.

If he was hunting to simply kill and abandon it or stuff it, I'd have some disdain for him but as it stands, I feel neither disdain or admiration for him. He killed something and he's eating it. Case closed.

Odd.

Freud used to say that.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Hunting what you eat can be a spiritual moment.

Odd.

Freud used to say that.

He sounds like a well grounded guy.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

If people like Bricktop really did care, he'd be infiltrating slaughterhouses, where the REALLY bad shit happens...

Frood

People who eat meat but object to killing animals for meat are a weird lot.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I'm a fisherman not a hunter. I have friends that hunt and I've had venison, elk, moose, partridge as well  as turtle and peccary outside Canada. But, I never heard of anyone eating big cats. Cats and bears are trophies not dinner.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I'm a fisherman not a hunter. I have friends that hunt and I've had venison, elk, moose, partridge as well  as turtle and peccary outside Canada. But, I never heard of anyone eating big cats. Cats and bears are trophies not dinner.

Black bear can be quite delicious if cooked right. I've had it twice. Once as mince in an Italian dish. I'd be less inclined to try cat though to each and their own. The guy is eating it. It must do something for him.
Blahhhhhh...