The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I expect better of Canadians

Started by Bricktop, December 21, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Perhaps Canadians will come to realise that protecting animals is a human responsibility.

We do protect animals. You can't just go shooting critters unless they are on your land.

Bricktop

Well, this dick did. I presume it wasn't his land the cougar was on.

Not good, Canada. Not good.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, so far no consequences for Steve Ecklund.

What consequences are you expecting?  Unless he broke the law somehow (which it doesn't appear that he did), what do you want?

If you want this practice to end, write your M.P.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"You can't just go shooting critters unless they are on your land.

Uh, no.

I'll assume you have limited knowledge of our hunting laws, which can also change Provincially also.

Angry White Male

QuoteCougar hunting is legal in Alberta from Sept. 1 to the end of February for residents, and from Dec. 1 to the end of February for non-residents.
[/i]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"But, so far no consequences for Steve Ecklund.

What consequences are you expecting?  Unless he broke the law somehow (which it doesn't appear that he did), what do you want?

If you want this practice to end, write your M.P.

Perhaps Cabela's might end their relationship with him.

Angry White Male

Why would they?  Cabela's business isn't based on selling things to anti-hunters, and anti-gunners.

Angry White Male

Imagine the fail of that round-table meeting?:

CEO:  Drop his show, to appease the left wing anti-hunters and anti-gunners!

CFO:  Do you think that's a good idea?  Do you think these left wing clowns will then come in and buy guns, knives, and hunting gear from us?

CEO:  You make a good point...

SHAREHOLDERS:  ...busy replacing CEO...

Bricktop

Hey, Ace.

Do I look like a "left wing" supporter to you?

Animal preservation and anti cruelty advocate are from all sides. This is why they have been most effective, and why this asshole is in a world of shit at the moment.

Most people do not like beautiful wild animals killed by psychopaths, bucko.

Angry White Male

These aren't endangered animals.  Hunting is controlled.  No different than taking down a deer, which happens here all the time.

Write the Premier of Alberta, if you think the laws should be changed.

Angry White Male

Brick, when you were a cop, your job was to enforce the laws in place at the time, whether you liked them or not, right?

The problem with people is, is that they have a hard time separating emotion from their thoughts and opinions.

Bricktop

I have not referenced the animals as "endangered", nor does it make any difference. Any animal in the sights of a psycho is "endangered".

If your hunting laws permit the killing of animals for entertainment, then they do need changing. On the other hand, perhaps you seal clubbers could review your attitude to the animals under your care.

Angry White Male

I am not a hunter.  I do not personally care for the practice, but many others do.

They are expected to hunt legally under the laws, and the vast majority do.

I sense misdirected anger at one individual, doing what he is legally permitted to do.

I then tell the people:  If you want change, then put pressure on the current laws, Provincially and Federally.

Angry White Male

Left wing idiots will find that they are the ones criminally charged with a crime, by sending this guy death threats.  It has happened many times in the past.

Even online, death threats are a punishable offense under Canadian Criminal Code, and people are charged more often than you may think.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"You can't just go shooting critters unless they are on your land.

Uh, no.

I'll assume you have limited knowledge of our hunting laws, which can also change Provincially also.

Herman's not wrong. He's posted about shooting animals that cause harm to private property including livestock. Most province allow land owners to kill certain problem wild animals.