Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

cultural differences between my daughter and I

Started by Anonymous, December 23, 2017, 12:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"She's 16, so right now she'll probably do what she wants anyhow, whether you like it or not.

She'll eventually go one of two ways...  Becoming successful at something that SHE likes, or meeting a loser, popping out a kid, and living on welfare for the rest of her life.

Understand, Fash, that what she does, is not so dependent on her upbringing...  It's dependent on her genes.  Her DNA.

Her DNA will determine her path in life more than anything you could have done.

We've been through the nature vs nurture debate before.

You are a good mom and your kid will make you proud. Hey, how's her grades?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"She's 16, so right now she'll probably do what she wants anyhow, whether you like it or not.

She'll eventually go one of two ways...  Becoming successful at something that SHE likes, or meeting a loser, popping out a kid, and living on welfare for the rest of her life.

Understand, Fash, that what she does, is not so dependent on her upbringing...  It's dependent on her genes.  Her DNA.

Her DNA will determine her path in life more than anything you could have done.

We've been through the nature vs nurture debate before.

You are a good mom and your kid will make you proud. Hey, how's her grades?

She's near the top of grade 11 students at her school..

By comparison, my son has to work harder to achieve good marks.

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

And Fash, I want to make it CLEAR that there are no "cultural differences" between you and your daughter...

YOU gave birth to your children in Canada, so I do not see how there can be a sudden 'culture clash.'

Angry White Male

When I'm fucking Diktator of Canada, there will be changes...

Angry White Male

Fash is going to soon realize, why I REFUSE to have children, and also REFUSE to date women with children.

Fash will soon understand the reasons, and will perhaps be more understanding to my desires.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And Fash, I want to make it CLEAR that there are no "cultural differences" between you and your daughter...

YOU gave birth to your children in Canada, so I do not see how there can be a sudden 'culture clash.'

Mel do you really have to even control how ppl raise their kids?  As much as I dislike multiculturalism too as in celebrating different 3rd world events and holidays, the method of raising a child already has the lease related to cultures that affects Canadians, plus Chinese and East Indians of raising a child is considered a feat when compared to how the West gives way too much freedom for their kids.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

I don't get why Mel is stirring Fash about her mixed race and culture teen. The girl would have the best of both worlds and should balance out to produce a good natured, family oriented, and independent beautiful young adult.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Women think with their vaginas...

Teenage grind themselves on bad boys like horny cats.

You need to make her wear a chastity belt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"And Fash, I want to make it CLEAR that there are no "cultural differences" between you and your daughter...

Mel do you really have to even control how ppl raise their kids?  As much as I dislike multiculturalism too as in celebrating different 3rd world events and holidays, the method of raising a child already has the lease related to cultures that affects Canadians, plus Chinese and East Indians of raising a child is considered a feat when compared to how the West gives way too much freedom for their kids.

I totally understand what Fash is saying. But, the thread has been hijacked by two drunken assholes. And this time, one  of them is not Herman.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
So in Taiwan, if teenagers don't feel like they want their independence, how do parents get them out of the house when its time?

They get married..

Much like Japan and Korea, it's not uncommon for people to  live with their parents into their thirties nowadays..

It was different a generation ago when Taiwanese married younger..

They are usually well educated, have good jobs, lots of  disposable income(thanks to their parents paying all their living expenses), travel the world and buy the latest fashions..

What's funny, is they think they are independent because they are not tied down to a spouse and children.

:laugh:

It looks like it works itself out.  They honor their parents more and stay with them much longer in a semidependent way, but it doesn't harm their ambition or success.  Whereas many western kids leave the house at 18, visit home during college and then move out to do their own thing in their early twenties.

There are exceptions though, and they are growing.  I think a lot of American millennials are living at home so they can sleep till noon and play video games all day, That's the worst of both worlds.

Anonymous