Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

You're having a bad day when...

Started by Bricktop, February 04, 2018, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

So...its coffee time...I put the cup under the machine, to grind the and pour the coffee.

I take the milk frothing container out of the fridge and stand it next to the machine.

I knock the milk container over, the top comes off, and about half the milk pours out before I can catch it. So, milk over the benchtop, under the ice cream making machine, coffee bean canister and cups.

I pick up the ice cream machine to take it out of the puddle of milk...and knock over the container again. This time it empties on the bench top and floor.

I have a litre of milk distributed over the bench top, the drawers and the floor.

I start the cleanup, with Twiggy's the dog's help (she does the floor).

Finally get all the milk wiped up and the cups, coffee canister, ice cream machine and coffee machine wiped clean...I have about a centimetre of milk in the container, so I pour that into a jug to manually froth it.

But it's not deep enough and when the steam hits it, milk flies everywhere...

This, boys and girls, is what will happen to you when YOU get old.

cc

I'm waiting for your close friend Dinky to comment

Your honesty is noted, btw
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Oh, I think Dinky has me on ignore...

I suspect my unrelentless pressure on him to stop playing stupid games has got to him.

Frood

It wasn't I between us playing the stupid games.

But be happy. I agree with you on this thread. You ARE old and feeble just like I pointed out earlier.  :thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I'll do you one better...  A few months ago I buy a two liter carton of milk (contrary to popular belief, you cannot buy "bagged" milk in BC.  Either comes in a kind of thin treated 'cardboard-ish' type container, a plastic container, or occasionally a glass bottle).

This 'paper' type milk container decided to slowly leak on me, in my fridge.  I guess the bottom just wasn't 'sealed' right at the carton division.

It fucking poured all throughout my fridge.  Now, I thought I mopped it all up, until a few weeks later I noticed some yellow at the very bottom of my fridge.  I did not notice it had reached the bottom initially, since the plastic on the bottom of my fridge is white also.

Trying to clean up dried milk from a fridge, I discovered, is way more difficult than you may think.  Once it dries, you literally have to scrape it out.

I was not fucking impressed that day.

Berry Sweet

Never happened to me.  You seem like the kind of guys who put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Never happened to me.  You seem like the kind of guys who put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.

I am OCD, no joke.  I can guarantee you that I don't put cereal in the fridge...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'll do you one better...  A few months ago I buy a two liter carton of milk (contrary to popular belief, you cannot buy "bagged" milk in BC.  Either comes in a kind of thin treated 'cardboard-ish' type container, a plastic container, or occasionally a glass bottle).

This 'paper' type milk container decided to slowly leak on me, in my fridge.  I guess the bottom just wasn't 'sealed' right at the carton division.

It fucking poured all throughout my fridge.  Now, I thought I mopped it all up, until a few weeks later I noticed some yellow at the very bottom of my fridge.  I did not notice it had reached the bottom initially, since the plastic on the bottom of my fridge is white also.

Trying to clean up dried milk from a fridge, I discovered, is way more difficult than you may think.  Once it dries, you literally have to scrape it out.

I was not fucking impressed that day.

Whilst shopping, I put a carton of milk in a carry bag, and continued shopping.

At the checkout, I discovered that the milk carton had ruptured, and the other groceries in the bag were floating in a sea of milk.

The store fixed it all up...but it was a laugh watching a clerk trying to handle a bag of milk, vegetables and chocolate (no idea how that got in there).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"So...its coffee time...I put the cup under the machine, to grind the and pour the coffee.

I take the milk frothing container out of the fridge and stand it next to the machine.

I knock the milk container over, the top comes off, and about half the milk pours out before I can catch it. So, milk over the benchtop, under the ice cream making machine, coffee bean canister and cups.

I pick up the ice cream machine to take it out of the puddle of milk...and knock over the container again. This time it empties on the bench top and floor.

I have a litre of milk distributed over the bench top, the drawers and the floor.

I start the cleanup, with Twiggy's the dog's help (she does the floor).

Finally get all the milk wiped up and the cups, coffee canister, ice cream machine and coffee machine wiped clean...I have about a centimetre of milk in the container, so I pour that into a jug to manually froth it.

But it's not deep enough and when the steam hits it, milk flies everywhere...

This, boys and girls, is what will happen to you when YOU get old.

You have too many things.....an ice cream machine.....really?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have an ice cream machine lol. It was a Christmas gift long ago. You can make any flavor, but it costs more to make homemade than just buying a half gallon. Its been far back in a cabinet for years since its more trouble than its worth, and Im not suppose to even have ice cream. I had a tiny amount last night but my tummy is kicking my ass today.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I have an ice cream machine lol. It was a Christmas gift long ago. You can make any flavor, but it costs more to make homemade than just buying a half gallon. Its been far back in a cabinet for years since its more trouble than its worth, and Im not suppose to even have ice cream. I had a tiny amount last night but my tummy is kicking my ass today.

I don't drink coffee, but my husband is Dutch and not only likes coffee, he likes it so strong the spoon stands up in the cup..

But, machines to  grind beans and froth milk?

My husband uses the blender to grind beans.

Anonymous

Tell me about ice cream machines....how big are they?  How long does it take to make ice cream? How is the quality of the ice cream?

Blazor

I don't drink coffee, but my husband is Dutch and not only likes coffee, he likes it so strong the spoon stands up in the cup..

But, machines to  grind beans and froth milk?

My husband uses the blender to grind beans.

I have a coffee pot, and a grinder for the beans. Fresh ground coffee is very nice. Yesterday I had a cup of coffee for the first time since May, and remembered why I dont drink it anymore lol.

When I use to drink coffee, I liked mine very strong as well. Too funny "spoon stands up in the cup" lol.

Coffee also use to make me horny.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Tell me about ice cream machines....how big are they?  How long does it take to make ice cream? How is the quality of the ice cream?

They are about the size of a big food processor. There is a cylinder that you have to put in the freezer for over 24 hours. If I remember, you put ice and salt in the machine, then the frozen cylinder, and you put your ingredients in the cylinder. Once it gets going, it only takes about 20-30 minutes I think. I've made strawberry (the best), oreo, and cookie dough. I think it makes real good ice cream. Good for a night with the family, cause thats about all it makes, a few servings worth. There were never leftovers lol.