Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

This is how messed up America is.

Started by Bricktop, February 15, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I am just watching Laura Ingraham on Fox News talking about the fallout from the latest slaughter of American children, and talking against gun control.

"We have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to bear arms"???

With this mentality, you can be sure more massacres are imminent.

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/41cf4a60eb9c76e9d5965651d1ac8e2b/tumblr_p483g2os0R1ris16so1_500.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I am just watching Laura Ingraham on Fox News talking about the fallout from the latest slaughter of American children, and talking against gun control.

"We have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to bear arms"???

With this mentality, you can be sure more massacres are imminent.

People speak off the cuff.

Bricktop

Not a major journalist on her own news hour.

She reflects what so many of this buffoons say. They have a RIGHT to own, possess and even carry lethal weaponry...so that 30,000 plus die each year from gunshot wounds. Apparently, the 17 children...and the thousands of others slaughtered by gunshot...have no rights.

Bricktop

One of the guests was discussing the issue with Geraldo Riviera, who was very passionately claiming its time the guns were taken out of society. The other guest, a former cop, said there was no way he was giving up HIS AR15 because 17 kids were killed.

Fucking Americans just cannot see the insanity they've created, and which will get worse and worse.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Not a major journalist on her own news hour.

She reflects what so many of this buffoons say. They have a RIGHT to own, possess and even carry lethal weaponry...so that 30,000 plus die each year from gunshot wounds. Apparently, the 17 children...and the thousands of others slaughtered by gunshot...have no rights.

Especially a major journalist on their own news hours. The only person who could out do that is our pm throwing our justice system under the bus in his tweets.

Bricktop

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"30,000 plus die each year from gunshot wounds. .

That''s a statistic that is somehwhat misleading.  As I pointed out 60% of that is suicide.  

Also if guns were banned ,would people stop killing other, or would they just beat each other and stab each other etc. instead? I think for the most part,they would.  

Also demographics-- I'll give you another example-- In my neighborhood there were no murders this year, putting it at a 0 per 100,000 that's lower than Australia overall.  But in the mostly black neghborhood a couple miles away in chicago the murder rate is 159 per 100,000.  We have the same legal  access to guns they do.

so obviously, Demographics has way more influence on murder rates than access to guns.

Also just something else to throw out there.  1.3 million people die from car accidents every year.

Frood

Brick needs to start taking his meds on time or have them upped.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Brick needs to start taking his meds on time or have them upped.

I almost agree...  Brick doesn't understand how the US functions, and even if an attempt were made to curtail such potential violence, it probably wouldn't do any good in the long run anyhow.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

That''s a statistic that is somehwhat misleading.  As I pointed out 60% of that is suicide.  

Also if guns were banned ,would people stop killing other, or would they just beat each other and stab each other etc. instead? I think for the most part,they would.  

Also demographics-- I'll give you another example-- In my neighborhood there were no murders this year, putting it at a 0 per 100,000 that's lower than Australia overall.  But in the mostly black neghborhood a couple miles away in chicago the murder rate is 159 per 100,000.  We have the same legal  access to guns they do.

so obviously, Demographics has way more influence on murder rates than access to guns.

Also just something else to throw out there.  1.3 million people die from car accidents every year.

Well, it took some time, but again someone came up with the car comparison.

Because people die from car accidents, or industrial accidents, or electrocution or drowning, it does not follow...and there is NO logic...that says possessing guns is therefore OK.

Vehicular accidents are rarely intentional, and are just that - ACCIDENTS. Cars are an essential element of society, and so we accept that there will be mishaps, and do what we must to reduce the chances and harm. We make cars safer. Do we make guns safer? We make it hard to get a licence. Is it hard to get a gun licence? We make a great deal of effort to detect and punish offences committed in a car. Do we make any effort at all to address poor gun behaviour?

Now, if you are going to say that gun fatalities are a black problem, tell that to the kids in school being shot up. Tell it to the concert goers in Las Vegas. Tell it to the folks in the movie theatre. They weren't black.

There is NO argument that recommends gun ownership by civilians. None.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Tell that to Ned Kelly's sister, pig.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fview%2F186632%2Fbig-mouth-o.gif&f=1">

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Well, it took some time, but again someone came up with the car comparison.

Because people die from car accidents, or industrial accidents, or electrocution or drowning, it does not follow...and there is NO logic...that says possessing guns is therefore OK.

Vehicular accidents are rarely intentional, and are just that - ACCIDENTS. Cars are an essential element of society, and so we accept that there will be mishaps, and do what we must to reduce the chances and harm. We make cars safer. Do we make guns safer? We make it hard to get a licence. Is it hard to get a gun licence? We make a great deal of effort to detect and punish offences committed in a car. Do we make any effort at all to address poor gun behaviour?

Now, if you are going to say that gun fatalities are a black problem, tell that to the kids in school being shot up. Tell it to the concert goers in Las Vegas. Tell it to the folks in the movie theatre. They weren't black.

As to cars.  yes certainly having a car is more important than a gun to most people.  But if you wanted to cut down on accidents the government could make it happen.  maybe make a rule that you can ONLY use your car to get to work and shop for food.  There you go, that would probably eliminate tons of accidents.  it would also limit freedom and quality of life, but then its worth it if it saves lives, right?

BTW  Australia has 1/13th the population of the United states.  therefore Aus should have about 1/13th the mass shootings.  I looked back and there were 13 mass shooting in the US with over 10 people killed since 1996.   Aus had one on 1996.  which is 1/13th. just as expected.