News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

And THAT's How its done (School Shooting Mostly Avoided)

Started by Wazzzup, March 20, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

I need to find out more about this issue first, but my biggest concern is if everyone has guns, then what about your police?  And have people consider police brutality will continue to exist as long as the public keep wanting to own firearms.  In Canada and the rest of the world the police never have to resort aggressive measures, while the US keeps going down this vicious cycle of ignorance and violence.  But if I get to choose, I rather hope the US will adopt Canadian gun laws for the greater good.

Twenty-nine per cent of Canadian homes possess an estimated total of nine million firearms. Other authorities insist that even this figure is too low, and that there is at least twenty million firearms in Canada. The UN reported that Canada ranks third among the developed western countries (behind the United States and Norway) in the civilian ownership of firearms.

Bricktop

I'm convinced there is a fundamental flaw in the American culture that venerates violence.

Combine that cultural addiction with open slather on gun ownership, and its a recipe for the disaster that's unfolding. I think trying to compare other countries to the unique character of the US is a waste of time.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

I need to find out more about this issue first, but my biggest concern is if everyone has guns, then what about your police?  And have people consider police brutality will continue to exist as long as the public keep wanting to own firearms.  In Canada and the rest of the world the police never have to resort aggressive measures, while the US keeps going down this vicious cycle of ignorance and violence.  But if I get to choose, I rather hope the US will adopt Canadian gun laws for the greater good.

Twenty-nine per cent of Canadian homes possess an estimated total of nine million firearms. Other authorities insist that even this figure is too low, and that there is at least twenty million firearms in Canada. The UN reported that Canada ranks third among the developed western countries (behind the United States and Norway) in the civilian ownership of firearms.

I wouldn't be surprised, but we have a strict and well enforced law to keep everyone safe and sound, in Toronto if people want take their guns to test out in the firing range they first must contact the local police and tell them the route they're going to take.

Your figures sounds about right considering a fair number of Canadians live in the country side and owning a gun is quite the norms, but us city folks don't need a gun as long as we live in a area with a number of people that can act as witnesses and camera surveillance in most places running 24/7.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

I wouldn't be surprised, but we have a strict and well enforced law to keep everyone safe and sound, in Toronto if people want take their guns to test out in the firing range they first must contact the local police and tell them the route they're going to use.

Your figures sounds about right considering a fair number of Canadians live in the country side and owning a gun is quite the norms, but us city folks don't need a gun as long as we live in a area with a number of people that can act as witnesses and camera surveillance in most places running 24/7.

I can't own restricted firearms, but I have a non restricted PAL. I have a 22, a 12 gauge and a 270. If there was a problem on my farm with armed intruders it could take the cops up to an hour to get there. I would not hesitate for a second to use them.

Angry White Male

Actually, you probably could own restricted Herman, if you do so now under the current laws, before they change them back again.

I should clarify...  I have Restricted endorsement for like 15+ years now, so any changes don't apply to me, as I obtained that in my early 20's.

They used to only be able to go back like 5 years, with background checks.  The new changes tabled would allow them to go back to when you turned 18.

So, if you're 'clean' for the last five years, and don't have massive Criminal Code problems, or mental health problems in the last five years, you could get your application in now and it would most likely be approved.

That being said, if you have no desire to own handguns, it makes no difference to you then.  Once the new regs are implemented (which they probably will be), they will now sniff into your shit from adulthood onwards...

NOW is the time to think about that, should you desire!

Frood

I wouldn't be surprised, but we have a strict and well enforced law to keep everyone safe and sound, in Toronto if people want take their guns to test out in the firing range they first must contact the local police and tell them the route they're going to take.

Witnesses and surveillance footage doesn't bring the innocent back to life. I don't believe for an instance that you think life is expendable, so why make life expendable to suit public fears and government wishes?
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

Just a numpty?

I think you are a mentally ill hypocrite and paranoid power junkee in his waning years full of cowardice and anger.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Witnesses and surveillance footage doesn't bring the innocent back to life. I don't believe for an instance that you think life is expendable, so why make life expendable to suit public fears and government wishes?

Tbh a gun doesn't make me feel safer, in fact it only escalates the situation leading to exchange of fire, if someone tries to rob me, I'd just rather give them the money than risk getting myself killed, or if they ever come up close and you have experience in martial arts, you can easiliy disable them with surprise, and I can tell you it's very very effective, even better than using a gun.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Just a numpty?

I think you are a mentally ill hypocrite and paranoid power junkee in his waning years full of cowardice and anger.

But Dinky the police are there to patrol the streets and enforce the law against potentially dangerous suspects, a gun to a police is a tool more than a weapon. But imo if a civilian is so frightened they must own a gun when they don't really need it in the first place, it's considered as a weapon.  

If people are that obsessed with guns, then they're free to contribute something to the society, simply by becoming a member of the disciplinary force.  I strongly agree with the saying -With great power comes great responsibility-  Simply join the police force and contribute something, so people can feel safer, while in reality no one would ever feel safe if every single civilian was walking around the place with a gun in their pocket, mainly for the sake of their interest, even vigilantes are just amateurs, despite some might have good intent, still have loads of problems and issue.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"No, that's correct. The shooters are permitted by America's inane law to own a firearm.

Why?

Why does a nice, intelligent and altruistic guy like Wazzup, for example, want a firearm.

Whackjobs like Mel and Renee I get. Guns make them feel invincible because they despise themselves.
'Thanks Brick.  I bought a gun just after the LA riots.  I live not too far from a bad area of chicago.  If riots go down here and they start moving my way I will need it.  Thats most of the reason I own a gun and probably wouldn't otherwise.

I know blazor and Deadskin own guns, maybe its a stereotype, but rural southerners often learn to hunt when they are young, so guns are often part of their lives from an early age.  

For the most part the people that kill with guns in America are inner city blacks (5 to 10 times the white rate) and some Hispanics (2 to 3  times the white rate)

if your aborigine population were 4 to 5 times higher, you would most likely see the same result.

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I know blazor and Deadskin own guns, maybe its a stereotype, but rural southerners often learn to hunt when they are young, so guns are often part of their lives from an early age.  

I took a hunter gun safety course in 7th grade in school. Wish they still offered this in school, as it teaches gun safety. These days, its not offered in schools, and my son went through a safety course outside of school.

I was a bastard growing up (no father figure), and didnt get to get my first rifle til I got a job when I was older. I wish I could've started hunting much sooner.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Bricktop"No, that's correct. The shooters are permitted by America's inane law to own a firearm.

Why?

Why does a nice, intelligent and altruistic guy like Wazzup, for example, want a firearm.

Whackjobs like Mel and Renee I get. Guns make them feel invincible because they despise themselves.
'Thanks Brick.  I bought a gun just after the LA riots.  I live not too far from a bad area of chicago.  If riots go down here and they start moving my way I will need it.  Thats most of the reason I own a gun and probably wouldn't otherwise.

For the most part the people that kill with guns in America are inner city blacks (5 to 10 times the white rate) and some Hispanics (2 to 3  times the white rate)

if your aborigine population were 4 to 5 times higher, you would most likely see the same result.

How?

They cannot easily get hold of a firearm. Even with their small population relative to whites, aboriginals are rarely involved in gun deaths.

Most aborigines are very placid and timid...until they either get loaded on white man's poison, or some radicals get in their ears.

I get the racial inference...so why not give all blacks and hispanics free access to guns and solve the racial problem?

The reality is that their violence spills into white communities. That's why people like you buy a handgun.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Just a numpty?

But Dinky the police are there to patrol the streets and enforce the law against potentially dangerous suspects, a gun to a police is a tool more than a weapon. But imo if a civilian is so frightened they must own a gun when they don't really need it in the first place, it's considered as a weapon.  

If people are that obsessed with guns, then they're free to contribute something to the society, simply by becoming a member of the disciplinary force.  I strongly agree with the saying -With great power comes great responsibility-  Simply join the police force and contribute something, so people can feel safer, while in reality no one would ever feel safe if every single civilian was walking around the place with a gun in their pocket, mainly for the sake of their interest, even vigilantes are just amateurs, despite some might have good intent, still have loads of problems and issue.

The police are ineffective at guaranteeing security and amount to a pack of tax collecting thieves. I never signed anything which says I give them the sole option to protect myself and my property and no police force in this world accepts responsibility for when they don't. Courts have consistently ruled this.

So they can get fcked.  

I am a free person.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Then you go right ahead and zoom your Jeep right past the next highway patrol car you see.

Or just walk into Target and help yourself.

How about doing the old Victorian rally cross...drive around hitting as many pedestrians as you can.

You're free. Knock yourself out.