Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

a tricky question

Started by jaysings, July 24, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysings

if a pedestrian jaywalks across the divided road(one direction and one another opposite direction) while cars are beating the traffic, he/she accidentally gets crashed by a driver who intends to drive out of the road in a counter-driving way. does the driver have to compensate the pedestrian for his/her fault?

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"if a pedestrian walks across the divided road(one direction and one another opposite direction) while cars are beating the traffic, he/she accidentally gets crashed by a driver who intends to drive out of the road in a counter-driving way. does the driver have to compensate the pedestrian for his/her fault?

All drivers must have basic public liability and property damage insurance.

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "jaysings"if a pedestrian walks across the divided road(one direction and one another opposite direction) while cars are beating the traffic, he/she accidentally gets crashed by a driver who intends to drive out of the road in a counter-driving way. does the driver have to compensate the pedestrian for his/her fault?

right. so will the insurance cover this compensation for the driver?

Obvious Li

depends on where you live but as far as i know the answer is yes......private insurance companies usually cover all the damages and make sure everyone is taken care of and then fight over who was at fault.....in the provinces with govt. insurance then it is considered no ones fault and all parties are covered by the govt...... the guilty party's insurance premiums will go up next year......

Obvious Li

Quote from: "jaysings"

what compensation...if anyone is hurt they will be covered...but it is a very rare instance where anyone will get "compensation" over and above their injuries.....unless it is extensive and their was extreme negligence etc.....we need more info.

i know in asia it is common for cash to change hands after an accident....that does not happen (normally) in canada

Anonymous

The driver's insurance should cover the injuries to the pedestrian as I understand it Jay.

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"depends on where you live but as far as i know the answer is yes......private insurance companies usually cover all the damages and make sure everyone is taken care of and then fight over who was at fault.....in the provinces with govt. insurance then it is considered no ones fault and all parties are covered by the govt...... the guilty party's insurance premiums will go up next year......

how does it work that two injured people get into an car accident which neither of them isn't at fault?

jaysings

The driver's insurance should cover the injuries to the pedestrian as I understand it Jay.

even the pedestrian is jaywalking?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"depends on where you live but as far as i know the answer is yes......private insurance companies usually cover all the damages and make sure everyone is taken care of and then fight over who was at fault.....in the provinces with govt. insurance then it is considered no ones fault and all parties are covered by the govt...... the guilty party's insurance premiums will go up next year......

how does it work that two injured people get into an car accident which neither of them isn't at fault?

usually when they cannot determine who is at fault,blame is apportioned 50/50 to both drivers........if it goes to court the judge can or will determine how much each driver is at fault...50/50, 70/30, /90/10 etc.....

Obvious Li

yes his injuries are covered by our free health care system...however, he may be given a ticket by the police and sued by the other drivers if he caused the accident.....for example if the jaywalker is at fault and the other drivers insurance premiums rise as a result of the accident the driver should/could go after the jaywalker to cover the increase in premiums

Obvious Li

now smarten up...unplug your fucking iphone when walking so you can pay attention and stop jaywalking.......before you get kilt

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"now smarten up...unplug your fucking iphone when walking so you can pay attention and stop jaywalking.......before you get kilt

I was reading a teenage girl was killed out West when walking along train tracks with earbuds in. She didn't hear the train's horn and was of course killed. Obviously tragic, but she was not paying attention to how dangerous her surroundings were.

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

yes his injuries are covered by our free health care system...however, he may be given a ticket by the police and sued by the other drivers if he caused the accident.....for example if the jaywalker is at fault and the other drivers insurance premiums rise as a result of the accident the driver should/could go after the jaywalker to cover the increase in premiums

but the question is that the driver drives in a wrong way and crashes the jaywalker accidentally who is crossing the road

jaysings

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"now smarten up...unplug your fucking iphone when walking so you can pay attention and stop jaywalking.......before you get kilt

I was reading a teenage girl was killed out West when walking along train tracks with earbuds in. She didn't hear the train's horn and was of course killed. Obviously tragic, but she was not paying attention to how dangerous her surroundings were.

how loud was her music in her earbuds that was able to drown out the train horn?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"

how loud was her music in her earbuds that was able to drown out the train horn?

you need to talk to homero about asking dumb questions....you're just a newbie