News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I've been staring at this drink box for a couple of minutes...

Started by Angry White Male, April 23, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

I make my own home made iced tea using David's Tea but the kid don't like it.  I sweeten it with honey I bought in Keremeos.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"What are you guys talking about?  Apple juice boxes?

Yeah. Poison.

What's available today that doesn't have something in it?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Are you drinking juice boxes now?  I buy them for the kid.  She loves the nestea iced tea...but death to the straw wrappers! I find them everywhere..on the floor...stuck on the bottom of my feet or in the laundry....fuckin straw wrappers!!!

I buy Great Value fruit punch boxes from Walmart for my children's lunches.

To each their own but I don't like great value.  Some of it is ok.  I haven't tried their juice boxes.  I bought their froze. Veggies one time and they were horrible.  I only buy froze. Peas and carrots e everything else is fresh...with the prices on everything today tho...I really gotta watch.

Angry White Male

Can't be that bad.  The ingredients read:  Filtered Water, Concentrated Apple Juice, and Ascorbic Acid (which is Vitamin C).

Bricktop

Angry White Male

A little radiation is harmless.  We're surrounded by radiation.

Bricktop

"According to Lee Dexter, microbiologist and owner of White Egret Farm goat dairy in Austin, Texas, ultra-pasteurization is an extremely harmful process to inflict on the fragile components of milk. Dexter explains that milk proteins are complex, three-dimensional molecules, like tinker toys. They are broken down and digested when special enzymes fit into the parts that stick out. Rapid heat treatments like pasteurization, and especially ultra-pasteurization, actually flatten the molecules so the enzymes cannot do their work. If such proteins pass into the bloodstream (a frequent occurrence in those suffering from "leaky gut," a condition that can be brought on by drinking processed commercial milk), the body perceives them as foreign proteins and mounts an immune response. That means a chronically overstressed immune system and much less energy available for growth and repair. (source)"

Its garbage.

Can't give it away in Australia.

Angry White Male

Even banana's contain Potassium-40, which is radioactive.  All living things require Potassium, as an interesting side-note.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its garbage.

Can't give it away in Australia.

That article is about milk and the milk proteins.  I'm drinking apple juice.

Bricktop

Angry White Male

You're wrong.  The issues appear to happen with certain milk proteins in your quote.

I see no reference to anything similar happening with apple juice.

Bricktop

Slurp away as you wish.

I prefer not to touch that crap.

Berry Sweet

A lot of our products are American made or come from China.  I refrain from buying anything from China.  I like supporting local farmers or organic markets cause it can be local but some of the prices are outrageous.

Angry White Male

Don't listen to Bricktop and his Apple Juice fake news and fear mongering!

A certain milk protein that is affected by a certain process doesn't apply to apple juice in the same way.

Continue to drink your apple juice.

Dr. Ace.

Berry Sweet

Avalon has good organic milk.  I buy it sometimes.  They also have this local juice drink,  500ml for $14...so stupid.