The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

B12 injections

Started by Berry Sweet, June 26, 2018, 06:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Chicks drink some vile tasting poison called "kombucha" these days.

Another phony fad "Drink me and you'll be young again" profit gouging exercise joining quinoa, chia, African berries and coffee enemas.

It's true.  People will buy anything.  None of it works.

The secret is exercise and heathly diet.  But a lot of people want pizza and pills.

Regular sleep is important too.

It has helped with my sleep patterns as well.  I have been sleeping better also.  But I still take a melatonin every night.

I used to take melatonin, but stopped. I don't want to rely on anything to help me sleep.

I generally only take it on nights I have to be up early for work or something and really need the sleep.  Hopefully one day I don't have to take them at all anymore.  For now I need to make some serious changes in my life.  #1 is moving and #2. Is court.  Once all of this is established I will be so much better.

Mental stress can be a issue and disrupt a person's sleep quality, but there's still some ways that can help you get a better sleep or fall asleep easier, try keeping a consistent body clock, going to bed and waking up around the same time, and sleeping no more than 7 hours a night, or just getting 4-5 hours of sleep daily is even better if you dun mind, and avoid sleeping pass 9am on weekends or day offs.  So far I've been trying it out for the past few years and it's been working very effectively, and if you're tired at work just brew some coffee, but try not to drink more than 3-4 mugs a day.  Most folks might find this kind of boring, but IMO it's better than wasting over like 2 hours every night just trying to fall asleep.  Hope this helps.

That's impossible for shift workers..

My husband has to work odd hours at certain times of the year and he finds it difficult to sleep.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Chicks drink some vile tasting poison called "kombucha" these days.

Another phony fad "Drink me and you'll be young again" profit gouging exercise joining quinoa, chia, African berries and coffee enemas.

The secret is exercise and heathly diet.  But a lot of people want pizza and pills.

It has helped with my sleep patterns as well.  I have been sleeping better also.  But I still take a melatonin every night.

I used to take melatonin, but stopped. I don't want to rely on anything to help me sleep.

I generally only take it on nights I have to be up early for work or something and really need the sleep.  Hopefully one day I don't have to take them at all anymore.  For now I need to make some serious changes in my life.  #1 is moving and #2. Is court.  Once all of this is established I will be so much better.

Mental stress can be a issue and disrupt a person's sleep quality, but there's still some ways that can help you get a better sleep or fall asleep easier, try keeping a consistent body clock, going to bed and waking up around the same time, and sleeping no more than 7 hours a night, or just getting 4-5 hours of sleep daily is even better if you dun mind, and avoid sleeping pass 9am on weekends or day offs.  So far I've been trying it out for the past few years and it's been working very effectively, and if you're tired at work just brew some coffee, but try not to drink more than 3-4 mugs a day.  Most folks might find this kind of boring, but IMO it's better than wasting over like 2 hours every night just trying to fall asleep.  Hope this helps.

My husband has to work odd hours at certain times of the year and he finds it difficult to sleep.

Nightshift work can sometimes be a problem, if that's the case I'd recommend sleeping 3-4 hours but twice a day.  Usually a regular person's sleep cycle is close to 4 hours, not sure will it work for your husband but it's what my brother and my friends always do when they have night shifts or do OTs.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Nightshift work can sometimes be a problem, if that's the case I'd recommend sleeping 3-4 hours but twice a day.  Usually a regular person's sleep cycle is close to 4 hours, not sure will it work for your husband but it's what my brother and my friends always do when they have night shifts or do OTs.

That's not enough Zetsu.

Zetsu

That's not enough Zetsu.

Sorry I mean to say a person need 2 sleep cycle each day, reaching close to a total of 7-8 hours a day of rest, it's ok to split them into 3-4 hours each.

Anonymous

That's not enough Zetsu.

Sorry I mean to say a person need 2 sleep cycle each day, reaching close to a total of 7-8 hours a day of rest, it's ok to split them into 3-4 hours each.

If a person works a twelve hour day, that really isn't possible..

My husband doesn't work that many hours everyday mind you.

Zetsu

That's not enough Zetsu.

If a person works a twelve hour day, that really isn't possible..

My husband doesn't work that many hours everyday mind you.

It's still ok to sleep for 8 hours after working for 12hrs, but just be careful not to sleep more than needed, else the next day it'll be hard to fall asleep again.  Usually the best indicator to get the right amount of sleep is if woken up the first time and still feel tired, then go back to sleep, but 2nd time waking up is usually the time to get out of bed and make some morning coffee.  ac_cool

Anonymous

I have worked shifts for years. You are always tired. Even when I became a toolpush and a wellsite consultant, I was routinely woken up in the middle of the frickin night.

Bricktop

That's one of the reasons I left the Police Force.

I hated shiftwork. It destroys families.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"That's one of the reasons I left the Police Force.

I hated shiftwork. It destroys families.

My brother doesn't like that part of his job either.

Anonymous

I have never worked shifts, but I don't doubt it is taxing on the body.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"I have worked shifts for years. You are always tired. Even when I became a toolpush and a wellsite consultant, I was routinely woken up in the middle of the frickin night.

This couldn't be anymore true, though I dun believe it's only limited to night shift jobs, I mean as long as you're working full time, and requires at least a fair ammount of effort, most of the time you're guaranteed a good night of rest, unless the person suffers from mental disorders or some other issues.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

Anybody who can't handle shifts need not apply for railway running trades.

Berry Sweet

I'm so excited! I'm going to be looking at a place tomorrow and the possibility of moving is very promising! I can wait to see what this unit is all about!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm so excited! I'm going to be looking at a place tomorrow and the possibility of moving is very promising! I can wait to see what this unit is all about!

You might be moving to a new apartment in the city?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm so excited! I'm going to be looking at a place tomorrow and the possibility of moving is very promising! I can wait to see what this unit is all about!

You might be moving to a new apartment in the city?

Yeah.  Not far from where I am.  I want to stay in the same area for now.  My kids school and friends, etc....plus my work and a few people near by I can car pool with.  I just need a more convenient place to live.