The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Anyone still alive from 'The Wizard of Oz?'

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 13, 2018, 03:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

This question just randomly appeared in my head, for some strange reason.  So I had to find out.

The last remaining actor with a speaking/singing role actually died on May 24 of this year.  Jerry Maren.  He played one of the Munchkins.  He was 98.

Ambrose Schindler, who was a Winkie Guard and also the Tin Man's stunt double, is still alive.  He's 101 years old.

There are still a few uncredited child 'Munchkins' alive, as they used children for filming also, as I guess it would be difficult now, and even moreso then, to find a large group of midgets to act!

Chuck Bronson

Also of interest, is that all the fake snow used on set was actually pure asbestos fibers.

Proves to me what I thought all along...  Asbestos fibers alone do not cause a problem, but the dust can if cut into airborne particles and breathed in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Also of interest, is that all the fake snow used on set was actually pure asbestos fibers.

Proves to me what I thought all along...  Asbestos fibers alone do not cause a problem, but the dust can if cut into airborne particles and breathed in.

I see.

Berry Sweet

Yes I have watched the wizard of oz and I'm still alive after watching.