The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"Well hunger drives them in I guess but really, humans moved to their territories... Humans aren't nomads these days. They find a house and live in it 365 days a year. ... In the old days in your area, everything moved south for the winter.

Wealthy seniors still do.

:laugh:

ac_biggrin  I bet their heating bill is very low then.

See, where I'm from... we go south for the summer.

If I won lotto, I'd have a house in Albany WA.

I looked it up..

It's on Western Australia's South coast..

It seems to have a pleasant climate without extreme heat.

Albany is beautiful. My brother lives there..

keep going south there and you end up in Antarctica.

I'd love to do that...take the camera. The Olympus is freeze proof.

Not me... I hate the very thought of going to Antarctica and I really really hate people going there.

That movie about the Emperor Penguins was good until the very end when they let go of 100s of balloons down there.... that made my blood boil. Why are Americans such dumb selfish thoughtless fucks?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Well hunger drives them in I guess but really, humans moved to their territories... Humans aren't nomads these days. They find a house and live in it 365 days a year. ... In the old days in your area, everything moved south for the winter.

I looked it up..

Not me... I hate the very thought of going to Antarctica and I really really hate people going there.

That movie about the Emperor Penguins was good until the very end when they let go of 100s of balloons down there.... that made my blood boil. Why are Americans such dumb selfish thoughtless fucks?

It's just a movie caskur.

caskur

I looked it up..

It's just a movie caskur.

Yeah, an unthinking one.

It's a very bad precedent and this is why...  

https://imgbb.com/">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I don't know anything about the movie, but we often see balloons released at different events here too.

caskur

Everytime we send pollution (plastic pollution) into the environment an animal dies. It's so critical the problem is, animals, sea animals and fish (all things that support us) will be extinct soon.

Antarctica was once pristine due to humans being scarce there... but if they thoughtlessly leave their plastic pollution around, that will affect the wildlife there.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Everytime we send pollution (plastic pollution) into the environment an animal dies. It's so critical the problem is, animals, sea animals and fish (all things that support us) will be extinct soon.

Antarctica was once pristine due to humans being scarce there... but if they thoughtlessly leave their plastic pollution around, that will affect the wildlife there.

They didn't actually film that movie in Antarctica.

Bricktop

Where was it filmed?

You don't have penguins in the northern hemisphere, do you?

caskur

March of the Penguins was filmed in Antarctica.

">
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Anyway... the world has DRASTICALLY changed and unless we revert back to pre-plastic times IMMEDIATELY we are finished and that I am afraid is the truth of it. We are WAY WAY past critical.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"March of the Penguins was filmed in Antarctica.

">

Where else could it have been filmed???

caskur

I don't think people get the same education as us BT.

I couldn't believe it, over a decade ago they knew about the plastic soup problem in the Pacific and I read about it I started making waves about it online... and added to that they have the Japanese nuclear plant meltdown poisoning the fish too...

And all the people in this group do, is spend their lives worrying about the shit politicians do, completely oblivious to their impending destruction.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

If little kids knew their balloons murdered animals and birds, do you think they would want them at their parties?

I doubt it.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

I actually concur regarding the widespread use of plastic in our consumer driven society...but moreso in countries that care nothing for the environment.

I don't know about WA, but SA has a filtration system for drainage that catches a lot of the discarded material before it hits the ocean. Not all...but most. I would be amazed if WA was any different.

But 90% or MORE of the plastic debris in the ocean comes from Africa and Asia, where countries just flush their crap into the sea and assume mother nature will somehow deal with it.

In the meantime, package makers continue to pump of megatons of plastic cups, boxes, packaging and utensils FULL in the knowledge that their crap will be dumped for centuries on the planet. Instead of the UN trying to control immigration laws on sovereign nations, it should be imposing laws on plastic product manufacturers that enforce a principle of "you make it...you dispose of it"...and watch how quickly alternative materials become implemented.

Corporations, governments and the producers themselves know full well that disposable plastic implements will end up covering the planet sooner rather than later. It's time the polluters themselves...NOT the end user...took action.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"I actually concur regarding the widespread use of plastic in our consumer driven society...but moreso in countries that care nothing for the environment.

I don't know about WA, but SA has a filtration system for drainage that catches a lot of the discarded material before it hits the ocean. Not all...but most. I would be amazed if WA was any different.

But 90% or MORE of the plastic debris in the ocean comes from Africa and Asia, where countries just flush their crap into the sea and assume mother nature will somehow deal with it.

In the meantime, package makers continue to pump of megatons of plastic cups, boxes, packaging and utensils FULL in the knowledge that their crap will be dumped for centuries on the planet. Instead of the UN trying to control immigration laws on sovereign nations, it should be imposing laws on plastic product manufacturers that enforce a principle of "you make it...you dispose of it"...and watch how quickly alternative materials become implemented.

Corporations, governments and the producers themselves know full well that disposable plastic implements will end up covering the planet sooner rather than later. It's time the polluters themselves...NOT the end user...took action.

Yep... but right now we all have to contribute to the solution the polluters and the end user... as you said Asia and Africa are big polluters (I don't know about africa so much though) I know I have a dozen plastic bottles with pump tops in my fridge... but everything we buy has been incased in plastic...

You know I was buying Dick Smith stuff and he switched from glass to plastic. I was really disappointed in that.

I try not worrying about it but it gets me down...

Meanwhile on my trip to the outback Sunday, I photograhed (unknowingly) a 1960s Fanta bottle... they're worth a bit of money too.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Well, flog it and buy a decent camera!!!