The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What was the legacy of the 1960s?

Started by JOE, July 29, 2018, 05:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I think I would substitute the word "money" for "power"...with a subsection of "money" implicit.

cc

Could be interesting fact,  

but could we please see "Jefferson and Adams more or less agreed ............... " established as fact
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

I cannot help but wonder why Americans believe that all worldly knowledge and wisdom was possessed only by people (males) who lived in the 18th and 19th century...and that said knowledge and wisdom would somehow accommodate the evolution of human society into the 21st.

They must have been amazing fellows.

Frood

They were definitely inspired and thoughtful sorts who accurately assessed the past and plotted the best they could for the future, at least as a deliberating group. A noble consensus.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I cannot help but wonder why Americans believe that all worldly knowledge and wisdom was possessed only by people (males) who lived in the 18th and 19th century...and that said knowledge and wisdom would somehow accommodate the evolution of human society into the 21st.

They must have been amazing fellows.

I don't know any Americans who believe this.

Bricktop

Well, you keep quoting them.

Your judiciary maintains obeisance to a Constitution written hundreds of years ago.

You have monuments and cities named after them.

You make movies about them, worshipping their every word.

Politicians keep citing them.

Some American must believe this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, you keep quoting them.

Your judiciary maintains obeisance to a Constitution written hundreds of years ago.

You have monuments and cities named after them.

You make movies about them, worshipping their every word.

Politicians keep citing them.

Some American must believe this.

Are you familiar with the Error of Composition Fallacy?

Bricktop

I am.

Is there a point to your question?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Democracy is a major flaw

Justine's handlers know that and use it to their advantage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Democracy is a major flaw

Justine's handlers know that and use it to their advantage.

They don't care about average people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I am.

You seem to be making several different points in your post and addressing them all to me, but I don't see that most of them are about me at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

You seem to be making several different points in your post and addressing them all to me, but I don't see that most of them are about me at all.

You seem to be, no you are deflecting because you can't answer a simple frickin question. And the reason is you are a typical lying progtard faggot and a coward.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"

I'm merely providing factual evidence that America deifies its politicians, presumably because it believes they are omnipotent and wise beyond lesser humans.

Lincoln started a civil war, setting Americans against Americans.

Roosevelt sat in his wheelchair while Europe burned.

Truman nuked Japan without due cause.

Kennedy sent boys to Vietnam to die for a flawed policy.

Nixon and Clinton both flat out lied.

G W Bush is a war criminal.

And now you have Trump.

I'm not seeing a history and tradition of wisdom and nobility there.

That is my point. Prove me wrong.

Frood

Lincoln was a real pos. Numerous Southern delegations were sent to DC prior to the Civil War with the express intent to have their legitimate economic grievances addressed. He refused to meet all of them then cried foul when they exercised their right to secede from the Union.

He imprisoned heaps of journalists and agreed to scorched earth urban warfare.

And when it came to slavery, Lincoln issued a hollow proclamation freeing the economic assets underpinning the Southern economy but not for the slaves in border Union states.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Bricktop:  I cannot help but wonder why Americans believe that all worldly knowledge and wisdom was possessed only by people (males) who lived in the 18th and 19th century...and that said knowledge and wisdom would somehow accommodate the evolution of human society into the 21st.

Peaches:  I don't know any Americans who believe this.

Bricktop:  Well, you keep quoting them....(therefore) some Americans must believe this.

Peaches:  Error of composition, pal.

Bricktop:  I'm merely providing factual evidence that America deifies its politicians, presumably because it believes they are omnipotent and wise beyond lesser humans...I'm not seeing a history and tradition of wisdom and nobility there.

That is my point. Prove me wrong.

:MG_216:

I'd suggest that someone is making quite a deal of my mentioning the second and third presidents in what was actually a throwaway post.  You haven't proven anything about "Americans" as a class, or even anything about me.  Thus your error of generalization fails.  By listing past presidents (several of whom are not from the 18th & 19th centuries) and knocking their legacies you continue the error and add a goalpost move or two.  There is no need for me to prove anything here.  

:einsteinsmiley3f:

"Blessed are those who run around in circles, for they shall be known as Wheels."  (John the Baptist)