The best topic

Replies: 8531
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:49:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

ATTN: Renee

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 24, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Why should I be mad at all?

Guns have no place in a modern, civilised and advanced society. Even less so in basket case countries.

Every week, some shitbag in America, or Canada will slaughter innocent people and prove my point.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Every week, some shitbag in America, or Canada will slaughter innocent people and prove my point.

Every week, someone dies in a car crash, or drowns while swimming, etc.

Ban cars?  Ban swimming?  We don't need either of them to function either, realistically...

Bricktop

Right.

So, without your truck, how does the rock get from point A to point B?

Teleportation?

To the best of my knowledge, water makes a pretty lousy weapon to commit mass murder.

Idiot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"They are having a difficult time of it .. . the waiting  ac_smile

It's the hardest part.

:laugh:

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Odinson"You were a cop...

And you wonder why we need guns.

Its a horrible thing that people like you have badges.

I'd like to address these comments from Odinson.

But it would be like discussing quantum physics with a fieldmouse.

In fact, I feel dirty just posting this in response to the asshole.

A family killed with an axe is not any sweeter sight than a family killed with a gun..

Death is death.

And you are a volatile character...

And you are more mature now.. Cant even imagine what you were like 30 years ago as a cop and in your prime.

A gun in the house makes you think twice before you poke your fat cop nose into affairs that are none of you business.

Odinson

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Odinson"
They are also called the dog hunters gun.. Its because WHEN you miss, your dog can track the runaway..

Limited game and the round is expensive...

It also ruins the big game... Too much damage.

Short range.. The trajectory of a mortar round.

Big brown bear is as big as a big grizzly.. And we have the same moose as in Canada.

This is what real men use.

You show this to your date and she is gonna take her pants off and bend over..

The SAKO Finnbear.

No doubt the Sako's are fine rifles, if one wants a bolt action hunting rifle.

However, you are wrong about the .45-70 destroying meat!  Since it is a relatively slow projectile, surprisingly it doesn't ruin much more meat than other more popular hunting cartridges!  However, that wouldn't really be an issue for a person packing one just for bush defense...  

No doubt there are many more desirable cartridges available strictly for hunting.  However, what the .45-70 does excel at is bush defense in North America, which is why the guns that shoot the .45-70 are quite often more compact, lever-action guns, as this combo is desirable for that purpose.

No doubt a hunter wanting a common and less expensive package would probably be better suited with a nice bolt-action in something like 30-06 or .308.

The slow moving heavy projectiles are the worst..

That is the reason why its not used for small game.. It vaporizes them..

Compare the 5,55mm of an M16 to the AK-47´s 7,62mm...

The m16 round goes through the brick smoothly..

The AK-47 round obliterates the brick.

45-70 shot on the moose shoulder destroys the front section of the moose.. The meat is all mushy and bloodied.

If you miss the bear, you dont have time to switch guns... The bastards are quicker than you would expect.

Besides the lever-action is more prone to jamming than anything..

You would think the militaries had adapted it if it were any good..

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Odinson"The slow moving heavy projectiles are the worst..

That is the reason why its not used for small game.. It vaporizes them..

Compare the 5,55mm of an M16 to the AK-47´s 7,62mm...

The m16 round goes through the brick smoothly..

The AK-47 round obliterates the brick.

45-70 shot on the moose shoulder destroys the front section of the moose.. The meat is all mushy and bloodied.

If you miss the bear, you dont have time to switch guns... The bastards are quicker than you would expect.

Besides the lever-action is more prone to jamming than anything..

You would think the militaries had adapted it if it were any good..

A .45-70 lever-action does excel at what it still does best...  As a defensive bush gun cartridge useful in some US States, and Canada.  It is not a top hunting choice anywhere, and neither is a lever action repeater for hunting for that matter!

However, the lever-action is a favourite action of the defense bush gun, since it allows quick follow-up shots from a relatively compact gun.  Lever-actions excel at this, as they are generally smaller, lighter, and easier to pack around.  And any gun can 'jam'...  Using good quality proper ammo, in a quality maintained gun, there should be no jams.

Obviously the military won't adapt this round or particular gun for their needs, since their needs are of a different scope entirely.  This round, and the lever-guns that chamber it have a relatively narrow scope of use in which they excel at.

Remember, I'm not a hunter, so I don't need a rifle that excels at hunting any specific game.  Nonetheless, with the right loads, the .45-70 can easily take down any medium to large North American game with ease at closer range, should you need to hunt to eat.  It won't destroy as much meat as you think it will in larger game, according to what I've read from people that actually do hunt with this cartridge.

And Odie, it's obvious one shouldn't use a .45-70 round to hunt small game, so that shouldn't even be an issue!  Get a .22 for yer squirrel hunt!  The rounds are cheap!

Chuck Bronson

I should add that the .45-70 IS carried by these entities:

QuoteThis load is carried exclusively by NOAA for protection against coastal grizzly attack.  It is also carried by the National Marine Fisheries Service and the U.S. Geological Survey for protection from grizzly attack.

As you can see, there is still a viable purpose for this cartridge here, but not so much in Europe or elsewhere.

http://i64.tinypic.com/xqgsvp.jpg">

Chuck Bronson

THAT being said, .338 Winchester Magnum is pretty much the 'go-to' bush gun cartridge here if you want a 'real' cartridge that is chambered in many bolt-action rifles available.

If I wanted a bolt action, I may have gone with that.  I didn't want a bolt action, since I'm a cowboy...  Like John Wayne cowboy.

Bricktop

Newsflash, Mel.

John Wayne wasn't a cowboy. He was an actor, and a particularly bad one.

Aryan

Red Dead Redemption 2 soon!  ac_dance

cc

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson" ......  I'm a cowboy...  Like John Wayne cowboy.

Can't disagree with that. Didn't know you had the capacity to make fun of yourself
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Newsflash, Mel.

John Wayne wasn't a cowboy. He was an actor, and a particularly bad one.

You don't like Western movies Bricktop?

Bricktop

No. Especially when they glorify violence and slaughter as glory and nobility.

Is there a western made that doesn't result in death...usually a large number?

America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. Especially when they glorify violence and slaughter as glory and nobility.

Is there a western made that doesn't result in death...usually a large number?

America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.

Most movies set in historic times are violent.