Replies: 8532
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:33:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

ATTN: Renee

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 24, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Westerns are about the violence, though.

Others tend to focus on the historical context to some degree.

"The King's Speech" was not violent. "Darkest Hour" was not violent. "Elizabeth" was not violent. "The Madness of King George" was not violent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"No. Especially when they glorify violence and slaughter as glory and nobility.

Is there a western made that doesn't result in death...usually a large number?

America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.

Most movies set in historic times are violent.

All movies set in the middle ages have bloodlust.

Bricktop

And who makes these movies?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"And who makes these movies?

Jews.  The dirty Jews...

Bricktop

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "cc"Can't disagree with that. Didn't know you had the capacity to make fun of yourself

Most people don't get my humour.  Even I don't most of the time.

The 3% pure Ashkenazi Jew blood that flows through my veins may have something to do with this...

That being said, you KNOW us Jews make the best movies!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And who makes these movies?

If you mean which countries, Britain and the USA.

Aryan

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. Especially when they glorify violence and slaughter as glory and nobility.

America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.

I SAID RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2  SOON!!  

I thought you were a gamer?  :sdfjh(2):

It's only pixels dying...  :sad:

Aryan

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "cc"Can't disagree with that. Didn't know you had the capacity to make fun of yourself

Most people don't get my humour.  Even I don't most of the time.

The 3% pure Ashkenazi Jew blood that flows through my veins may have something to do with this...

That being said, you KNOW us Jews make the best movies!

Gotta disagree there, they can't keep their anti-white agendas out of films these days making them impossible to sit through!

Frood

The Searchers never showed the violence. It was implied.

Pulp fiction writers originally made the West much wilder than it was. Modern writers have carried on the tradition.
Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.
And american westerns have been viewed worldwide.  But somehow only Americans are affected by watching them?

Chuck Bronson

Now Bricktop hates cowboys...  That guy hates everything!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Bricktop"America's "western" culture is based on violence and contributes to the mayhem and carnage they experience today. It made "heroes" out of killers.
And american westerns have been viewed worldwide.  But somehow only Americans are affected by watching them?

There is a fundamental difference on how they are viewed in various countries.

If we see a western here, we view it in the context of the culture of a foreign country. Just as if we watched "The Kite Flyer" (about Afghanistan), we see it through the eyes of outsiders.

Americans seem to view westerns as a reflection of their culture, which reinforces the perception that guns and violence are GOOD.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

There is a fundamental difference on how they are viewed in various countries.

If we see a western here, we view it in the context of the culture of a foreign country. Just as if we watched "The Kite Flyer" (about Afghanistan), we see it through the eyes of outsiders.

Americans seem to view westerns as a reflection of their culture, which reinforces the perception that guns and violence are GOOD.

So would only Asian people get violent after seeing a bruce lee movie? :confused1:

BTW most movies are filled with violence and murder, because that's what most human beings like.  All peoplekind (as Trudeau would say) not just 'Mericans

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/films-couch_potato-tv_rating-film_rating-movie_rating-x_rated-gmy090407_low.jpg">

Bricktop

I don't dispute that a MAJORITY of movies feature violence, but I would hesitate to debate that it is American movies that are world leaders in producing movies featuring gratuitous violence...in other words, not violence as part of a story, but violence for its own sake.

Quentin Tarantino does not make romantic comedies. He makes movies ABOUT violence.

On the other hand, as an example, Stanley Kubrick made a movie called "A Clockwork Orange" that featured violence as a part of the human psyche that is difficult to eradicate.

American's also tend to portray violence as a romanticised part of its culture. "The Godfather", for example, implied that it was based on the reality of organised crime, in which the vile butchers that are part of that organisation come across almost as heroes.

I think Australia's most violent movies were the "Mad Max" trilogy, where the context was more science fiction that reality.

British movies are not always squeaky clean either. "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch" were very much portraying criminals as good guys at heart.

However, American entertainment media features violence as a constant. Even the current trend of lycra clad fictitious superheroes are based on violence, and these movies are targeted at kids.